XIM Community

XIM4 Something to consider for us that care.  (Read 3928 times)

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
XIM4 Something to consider for us that care.
« on: 08:12 PM - 02/09/14 »
I was hoping the XIM4 hardware would have a button on the device that allowed to disable the Bluetooth antenna/signal, for those of us that worry about Bluetooth radiation.

Now I understand people may start telling me to wear my tinfoil hat or something else that attempts to insult my being, but these kinds of things mater to me and if I'm not using it, why not be able to shut it off?

I do the same on my phone, tablet, laptop and PC...

No need for anyone to get all hot and bothered, just a consideration, one I hope OBsIV and team take seriously.
Be humble

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
Re: XIM4 Something to consider for us that care.
« Reply #1 on: 08:19 PM - 02/09/14 »
If you're worried about rf signals you better never even turn on a console since they all use some variety or rf signal or another. Bluetooth is just another spectrum of rf.

The other radio signals being used by your cell phone are far more potent anyway, so I'm not sure why your pick bluetooth to be afraid of.

Do you use wifi in your home? Same thing.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 08:24 PM - 02/09/14 »
XIM is more like a BT headset than a phone. Meaning, its only transmitting if something is connected to it.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:37 PM - 02/09/14 »
XIM is more like a BT headset than a phone. Meaning, its only transmitting if something is connected to it.

That's works well with me, thanks OBsIV.
Be humble

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:40 PM - 02/10/14 »
If you're worried about rf signals you better never even turn on a console since they all use some variety or rf signal or another. Bluetooth is just another spectrum of rf.

The other radio signals being used by your cell phone are far more potent anyway, so I'm not sure why your pick bluetooth to be afraid of.

This. You might as well not go near a starbucks, they have wifi, you might die.

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:56 PM - 02/11/14 »
I don't need additional BS in the air if I can turn it off.

Everyone seems to be a critic and knows what's best for everyone else these days.
Be humble

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:26 PM - 02/11/14 »
I'm not claiming to know what's best for you, but I know that you're absolutely exposed to more intense frequencies from many other household devices like your wi-fi, your cell phone, your cordless phone, the laptop you probably typed this post on, etc.

Picking bluetooth to get jittery about is nonsensical. If you don't want to be exposed to radio frequencies, you need to do far, far more than turn off bluetooth. Bluetooth is nothing compared to some of those other things - which aren't anything to worry about either.
Xbox One / PC

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:03 AM - 02/12/14 »
Look, all I'm saying is, if I can turn off additional devices, what's the problem?

The phone is a necessity for work, as is my laptop but if it's ok with the rest of the world I like to turn off BT on my phone and even the phone itself at night when I have no purpose for it.

People love to add in their two cents as to why everyone else is wrong, people need to ease up. This was not a thread asking for opinions and OBsIV in one post was respectful and basically told me I have nothing to worry about.

This is not an attack on any individual.
Be humble

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:06 AM - 02/12/14 »
No problem. I'm just saying that, from a purely scientific perspective, it makes absolutely zero sense.

But hey... your life.
Xbox One / PC

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
  • Gamertag: sif noob
  • PSN ID: T3h_GrayWo1f3
« Reply #9 on: 12:19 AM - 02/12/14 »
No problem. I'm just saying that, from a purely scientific perspective, it makes absolutely zero sense.

But hey... your life.
To each his own. If it makes him happy what's it to us.
Yes there is worse things out there but as he's already stated he's trying to turn off additional unnecessary things.
AD700+DSS2/ g500s/ CM QuickFire TK/ asus VX238H/ xbone/ x360/ ps3/ ps4/ xim4!- FTW :P

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:30 AM - 02/12/14 »

But hey... your life.
To each his own. If it makes him happy what's it to us.
Yes there is worse things out there but as he's already stated he's trying to turn off additional unnecessary things.

It's nothing to me. Like I already said - it's his life. I was just trying to enlighten him as he seems like he just might be a bit foggy on how the whole RF and EM band thing really works.
Xbox One / PC

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
  • Gamertag: sif noob
  • PSN ID: T3h_GrayWo1f3
« Reply #11 on: 01:00 AM - 02/12/14 »
Fair enough. Sorry if I came off as having a go at you. Just wondering as I think he is also why theres so many comments on this subject lol. His question was answered immediately by OBsIV. I think my comment was more aimed towards

This. You might as well not go near a starbucks, they have wifi, you might die.
AD700+DSS2/ g500s/ CM QuickFire TK/ asus VX238H/ xbone/ x360/ ps3/ ps4/ xim4!- FTW :P

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
« Reply #12 on: 07:16 AM - 02/12/14 »
Honestly I'm just curious as to why you want to cut down on "stuff in the air". It seems that you attribute RF and other frequencies outside the visible light spectrum to potential health impacts? Radiation?

As a medical professional I'm curious as to how you arrived at that point.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline Thera6179

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:59 AM - 02/12/14 »
Consider this,

When I was working as a Graduate Assistant, my instructor got a 1 mil dollar grant from DARPA to see what would happen to radar operators who sit below in the moving van with radar frequencies in terahertz frequencies.
                      Our proposal was simple, put some e-coli bacteria in the terahertz generator and see if they mutate. If they do the frequencies would be deemed harmful to humans.

The DARPA called this an edge of "DARK Projects". A year in experimentation we had a meeting with them. They recommended hiring "More" students. We asked why, they winked literally and said, "Well in case some of your students got affected by the frequencies"  >:( >:( >:(

WHOA - They literally meant in case some of you get cancer, they were least bit interested the freaking e-coli and more interested in if the students developed any type of genetic cancers/any other effects. Yep they did not worry about us even ending up with a very aggressive form of cancer, if we did that would validate their study.

Trust me, I went to a different project after that and never looked back but there are wayy worst things as everyone says.

Offline burnblaze

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: burnblaze
« Reply #14 on: 08:34 AM - 02/14/14 »
Counter consideration......

If you live on this planet you are likely being bombarded with frequencies far in excess of the those pumped out by bluetooth.

KU Band is 12-18Ghz and is being scatter shot at you from space.  Sunspots pump out at X band which is 8 - 12 Ghz. GPS is in the L Band which is 2Ghz, same as bluetooth.

Remember these are transceiving signals.  Send and Receive. So you are, like it or not, being shot with at least 2Ghz whenever you leave your front door and most of the time even then.

How many satellites are operating in our airspace?

If you are worried about Bluetooth you should buy a lead suit, or move to a planet with no satellite comms.

Admin