XIM Community

So using the XIM with a PS2 to PS3 conveter = no mouse lag on the PS3?  (Read 2467 times)

Offline AsiaticDefense

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Asiatic Defense
  • PSN ID: Asiaticdefense22
Also I don't necessarily need to change the firmware and PC software app to use my XIM on the PS3 right? This is just so the buttons match up with the PS3 controller right?

Thanks.

I'm so glad I found this board. I just wish I would have read up before I bought a Sniper 3.0 and the Splitfish Fragfx. $150 down the drain. ???
Weapons of Mass Destruction:
XIM2
XIM3
XIM4
CHProducts Fighterstick
CHProducts Combatstick
Saitek X65-F
CST Pro Trackball
Panther XL V3 by Steveo
Astro Mixamp 58 Wireless
Beats by Dr. Dre Pros (PC Gaming)
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro (Console Gaming)
XBOX One
Gaming PC w/GTX780 SLI, 4Ghz Quad, 12Gig DDR3

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
Depends on the game. No matter what game however the performance is light years better than FragFX. I have one of those too.

COD4 feels like playing on a PC. I don't feel any lag whatsoever.

Uncharted is a little rougher, not as responsive. That is the game however, not the XIM. No matter what sensitivity I put things too, I can't exceed the programming of the game and make the cursor move faster. The game just has a sluggish control for aiming.

Resistance is kinda in between. More responsive than Uncharted, but more sluggish than COD4.

If there is one thing I like about FragFX though, is the combination of a stick for movement and mouse for aiming. Also having 6 axis helps with some games.

Offline AsiaticDefense

• View Profile
Depends on the game. No matter what game however the performance is light years better than FragFX. I have one of those too.

COD4 feels like playing on a PC. I don't feel any lag whatsoever.

Uncharted is a little rougher, not as responsive. That is the game however, not the XIM. No matter what sensitivity I put things too, I can't exceed the programming of the game and make the cursor move faster. The game just has a sluggish control for aiming.

Resistance is kinda in between. More responsive than Uncharted, but more sluggish than COD4.

If there is one thing I like about FragFX though, is the combination of a stick for movement and mouse for aiming. Also having 6 axis helps with some games.

Do you have the ability to compare the lag in the 360 to the same or similar game on the PS3? When using the Fragfx on the PS3 I notice no lag on the PS3 but while using my optical trackball on the 360 with Battlefield Modern Combat the lag is horrible. Game is unplayable for me. I just built my XIM last night and I'm using it with the Sniper 3.0 but I can't seem to find a config that will eliminate lag. Maybe it's just this game but 35ms seem like a serious understatement. It feels like 75ms.

XIM2
XIM3
XIM4
CHProducts Fighterstick
CHProducts Combatstick
Saitek X65-F
CST Pro Trackball
Panther XL V3 by Steveo
Astro Mixamp 58 Wireless
XBOX One
Gaming PC w/GTX780 SLI, 4Ghz Quad, 12Gig DDR3

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
I don't own a 360.

All I can say is that mouse control with my G5 on a XIM compared to FragFX is night and day. I feel I have more control over exactly where I'm pointing. FragFX is usable, but XIM just kills it.

Offline AsiaticDefense

• View Profile
What about changing the firmware and PC software app. I that needed?

What PS2 --> PS3 converter are you using?
XIM2
XIM3
XIM4
CHProducts Fighterstick
CHProducts Combatstick
Saitek X65-F
CST Pro Trackball
Panther XL V3 by Steveo
Astro Mixamp 58 Wireless