XIM Community

XFPS makers to steal XIM2 mechanics  (Read 1289 times)

Offline sebastian9

• MVP
    • View Profile
XFPS makers to steal XIM2 mechanics
« on: 04:41 PM - 03/23/08 »
I thought about this the other day, that is, what if the makers of XFPS stole the XIM2 in its entirety, and decided to sell it as one of their own products. What legal stances can Obvis and Derektm take to prevent this from ever occurring? It is possible after all, with all the money they will be loosing and so forth.

Offline tcpinckney

• View Profile
Re: XFPS makers to steal XIM2 mechanics
« Reply #1 on: 10:16 PM - 03/23/08 »
microsoft may just start allowing mouse/keyboard if xim/xim2 becomes a money maker.  They wouldn't want to lose out on the income.  I hope not... just being devils advocate :)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 11:13 PM - 03/23/08 »
XCM does copy products -- their clone of the tiltBoard is an example of that. But, I really think XCM truely believes they've perfected the mouse/keyboard adapter for the 360. Even if they did consider making a fourth version, I can't believe they'd seriously consider it. I would like to believe that even XCM would have enough common sense to know that no one would buy into yet another XFPS after all that they've pulled. (Of course, they continue to surprise us :)
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline zenstrata

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:06 AM - 03/24/08 »
hehe.  Yeah, I think XCM is pretty much done with the XPFS editions.  They have sunk money into the project and routinely turned out crap.  I can imagine whatever customer base they were working with has pretty much dried up by this point.  Even if they did release another one it probably wouldn't sell very well.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:46 AM - 03/24/08 »
Even people who never heard of XIM who do a search for XFPS will come up with XIM information, once they realize it's night and day for XFPS vs XIM, they will ultimately get a Xim2 and leave XFPS in the dust. Of course, they would still need xfps initially if they are going with xim 1 ( a solid choice) or no XFPS if going with Xim2 (An excellent choice).
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.