XIM Community

The global menu config  (Read 657 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
The global menu config
« on: 12:09 AM - 02/08/14 »
It is impossible to navigate the menu if you have several games and you like the actions on the same keyboard/mouse buttons. The games assign the actions like jump/crouch/melee differently so you will not know where ABXY is at the moment.

The idea would be to set a global key that works in any game. You would assign the buttons to keys only. Not the translator and not the sens, nothing more.

When you toggle/hold that button everything for the current game would be left unchanged just the Menu keys would get activated. It would fit great under globals in the main menu.

Example: you play BF4.

LMB is fire
RMB is ADS
scroll up grenade
scroll down is spot
forward is change weapon
backward is reload

when you press your global menu button the mouse changes to

LMB A
RMB B
scroll up Y
scroll down X
back shoulder right
forward shoulder left

This way you would have an easy mouse navigation. A and B on LMB and RMB are very natural.
you can do this to the dpad also if you would like to shift them to WASD for example.

You can do this with every single config already but its quite inconvenient. Mist had the idea to copy paste the menu config but I still think its more elegant this way.
« Last Edit: 12:19 AM - 02/08/14 by roads »
Crusade atm: none

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: The global menu config
« Reply #1 on: 12:33 AM - 02/08/14 »
I like the idea of a global menu config. The idea I suggested is short term and possible as of today. I think it should be configurable though as what you like is not what I like and what I like is not what someone else likes. As long as it's global, has it's own hotkey and toggles back to the last known config setting then it should work well.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: The global menu config
« Reply #2 on: 02:35 AM - 02/08/14 »
agreed, its only a setup once and forget, not for each config again. I think thatís nice. Your way of doing it does not interfere with my idea. Mine is just above yours if my button is pressed :D
Crusade atm: none

Admin