XIM Community

I need a BF4 setup closest to my BO2 setup  (Read 2735 times)

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
I need a BF4 setup closest to my BO2 setup
« on: 07:50 AM - 02/05/14 »
I just made this thread and it vanished so here we go again.

The only ST I've ever used on my Edge was for BO2 and I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I need a little walk-through as far as changing it all from BO2 to BF4, I want the same button placement I'm used to. I just don't remember how to go about changing it from BO2 to BF4 (I updated the Edge and have the BF4 config).

I basically want it to look exactly like this but for BF4...

Maybe I'm over thinking this, I know I need to connect the Edge to my PC and go into the setup, but I seriously don't remember how to switch it to the BF4 ST config screen so I can make it my default now instead of BO2.

I apologize in advance if this sounds lame, just wanted a little refresher lol.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: I need a BF4 setup closest to my BO2 setup
« Reply #1 on: 08:35 AM - 02/05/14 »
I also forgot to add that the default HIP and ADS for BF4 is (HIP) 40.00 and (ADS) 40.00 with 0 delay

I would like suggestions on where I should set these.

For example my HIP and ADS for BO2 were (HIP) 23.50 and (ADS) 12.25 with a 120ms delay on ADS
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:48 AM - 02/05/14 »
I think I may have it right, maybe someone can suggest a better HIP & ADS, here is what I got.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:03 AM - 02/05/14 »
On the main screen of Xim Manager there is a set startup button. You will select your BF config and then press that button.

As for your sensitivity I recommend doing that in game with your controller dpad. This way you can make changes on the fly as you move the mouse back and forth. Start up the BF4 test range, spawn and then press start and back simultaneously. I believe up and down on your dpad will adjust HIP sensitivity and left and right will adjust ADS sensitivity. Your Edge will blink yellow or green depending on which you are adjusting. Yellow is hip, green is ads. Make the necessary adjustments while swiping your mouse until you are satisfied. Finally press start and back simultaneously again to save the changes. If you're curious you can now connect Edge to your pc and see what values you ended up liking.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Re: I need a BF4 setup closest to my BO2 setup
« Reply #4 on: 02:32 PM - 02/05/14 »
On the main screen of Xim Manager there is a set startup button. You will select your BF config and then press that button.

As for your sensitivity I recommend doing that in game with your controller dpad. This way you can make changes on the fly as you move the mouse back and forth. Start up the BF4 test range, spawn and then press start and back simultaneously. I believe up and down on your dpad will adjust HIP sensitivity and left and right will adjust ADS sensitivity. Your Edge will blink yellow or green depending on which you are adjusting. Yellow is hip, green is ads. Make the necessary adjustments while swiping your mouse until you are satisfied. Finally press start and back simultaneously again to save the changes. If you're curious you can now connect Edge to your pc and see what values you ended up liking.

This is exactly what I was looking for but had forgotten. Thank you so much mist.

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:27 PM - 02/05/14 »
One more thing I forgot to ask.

What percentage do I set the game to?

I think look speed is at 20% by default.

There is no level 1 through 10 look mechanic. It is 1 through 100% I believe.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:27 AM - 02/06/14 »
100% Always max unless there is a message in Xim Manager that says otherwise.

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:08 AM - 02/06/14 »
Thanks again mist, I could have sworn I saw people saying they played it at only 60 or 80%

100% it is.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:12 AM - 02/06/14 »
Those people are doing it wrong. The reason you max it is to get the highest turn speed possible and also, the game was trained at max. Then dial in your xim sensitivity to your preference.