XIM Community

Theoretical question for PS4 bluetooth support  (Read 5063 times)

Offline AustinCOT

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Austinus
Re: Theoretical question for PS4 bluetooth support
« Reply #15 on: 09:57 PM - 02/05/14 »
i have been using the left side of the pad and the mouse since i first got my xim3.  cant see me using anything else. all these other things sound intresting but using a control pad for choppers and jets is the way to go for me.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #16 on: 02:25 AM - 02/06/14 »
Not really sure why you would be reloading a weapon and changing to a new weapon at the same time. Makes no sense to me. I use a nav and a G700 mouse and the only time I have to take my thumb of the analog stick is to get into a vehicle, which I rarely do. Jump, reload, pistol and spot are handled by the 4 buttons under my right thumb. There is no point reloading and throwing a medkit at the same time since the animation cancels the other one out. I throw a medkit and change to defib using the scroll wheel. Which is fine since the animation gives you plenty of time to get your finger back on the fire button. Crouch/prone is done by the right mouse button since I like to fire and crouch/prone at the same time. knifing is done by the scroll wheel button which I rarely knife anyways plus you don't need to fire and knife at the same time.

On the nav is ADS, and throw grenade since you are using the triggers the thumb still doesn't come off the analog stick. I can also change my fire mode and use my torch on the nav also buttons I rarely use. Start and PS are on the nav again buttons I don't use during the heat of battle. I can't see any advantage to having a n52te. I used to use one myself, I have always been a PC gamer before PS3, and IMHO the nav gives me a better advantage, since any advantage the n52 gives you is cancelled out by the game animations...

The analog stick on a nav is much more accurate and easier to use than the modified d-pad on n52. I also have change xim configs on the nav for vehicle mode. Again I rarely use vehicles except maybe light vehicles to get me into the battle faster.

i don't seem to understand the point of the example and seem to be stuck on a poor example i came up with off the top of my head in a fraction of a second.

you can't jump and reload at the same time LOL. you can't do multiple things at the same time with your setup. that is a limit by itself and the fraction of seconds you waste moving your thumb from one button to another will get you killed a lot in the runn of the mill online FPS.

the sole reason you don't notice the impact such difference makes is because you are playing on a console against players using the controller that are even more limited than you or equally so.

so to begin with:

1. what modified dpad on n52te? are you drunk? i use the same analog stick on n52te as in the DS3 and will use  another one soon (ish). you don't have any more precision on the Nav, or any less, it's the exact same.

2. just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

3. so the jump animation cancels your shooting or reloading,etc ? wth are you thinking?! not all animations cancel every other thing out, plus it's really about the time it takes to start the animation. as in the time it takes you to press the key/button. you seem to think that just because it takes a fraction of a second that it is meaningless. it is not. have you witnessed the talks about lag, latency, be it due to internet or display in FPS?

you may be able to use the sprint via L3 fine, but it's easier and more effective to just press a key for instance. do you not use the dpad? everytime you use that you will have to take the thumb of the analog.

6 binds in the mouse? great cluttered experience. so by the time you press to knife i'd already have your tags, and you don't see the advantage? LOL it's called the "panic button" for a reason, the melee bind.

in the heat of a battle you still must think and make decisions, this opens the path to hesitation on some occasions or wrong decisions just because it's no use stopping a sword swing mid air (pardon the analogy). imagine you think about throwing a nade but then someone comes up in your face just when you were going to throw the grenade.. the animation for the nade throw takes a sec or so, it will be a death sentence most likely unless the opponent fails to take the opportunity. me i would cancel the animation immediately if i had it started or just press a different key for a different thing with the only time lost being the time it takes me to think of a solution and act it, while you would be that same time PLUS the travel time for your fingers...

i really don't have anymore time to spend on this atm so sorry, this is the worst explanation i've ever done i'm sure and not even certain i could convey what i wanted, but it can revisit it since i assure you there is a lot of people here that can both see and prove you the difference it makes from your current setup to mine.

not even going to mention playing a big number of games and getting lost in what button does what, like i do, with that setup. it's a lot easier to do with a keyboard/speedpad+mouse than Nav+mouse combos due to the abundance of buttons.

Another thing worth mentioning is that on a PC 3 fingers are on WASD for movement so your comment about doing more things at once doesn't hold much weight. The reason PC gamers kick the @#$% out of console gamers is all about the mouse. It's about accuracy and getting on target much much quicker. Movement is handled by my left thumb only. I still can use my index finger and my middle finger if I need to.

so you assume that because that's the way you do it everyone in the world is also doing it? besides on PC those 3 WASD fingers will have keys close by that are pressed without giving up ALL movement, like i can't move right when i use "E" or can't move left when i press "Q" but on controllers their either aim or press the 4buttons, move or use dpad.

i have bad aim. and even with a mouse console players can trump my aim, either be it with skill or AA it doesn't matter, but in some cases i could have the worst aim in the world and i'd still kill them easy, simply because i'll be strafing, jumping, and doing a lot more stuff than just see someone, stand there and shoot mindlessly until bullets run out.

i understand you don't get it, don't know why though, but denying there is no advantage to having more fingers free and more keys AND more convenient disposition of available keys is stupid. the sole reason i find this hard to explain is because it is so obvious..
soon..

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #17 on: 02:29 AM - 02/06/14 »
i have been using the left side of the pad and the mouse since i first got my xim3.  cant see me using anything else. all these other things sound intresting but using a control pad for choppers and jets is the way to go for me.

i like to use the controller to *fly* jets and then i go back to moded n52te+mouse for warfare inside them, but that said i rarely use jets on BF. choppers on the other hand i used to only be able to play with controller because the mouse is enigmatic and WASD useless, but now i fly them perfectly with the current setup. i ended up liking this current way better and if i still need to i pick up the controller on the RIGHT hand, since i move it with the left and all but shooting is in the right hand it doesn't cause any issues leaving the mouse for the time it takes..
soon..

Toxication

« Reply #18 on: 07:50 PM - 02/06/14 »
First off, all you have done is made a noob comment followed by another noob comment. Lets write a novel so it looks like I know what I'm talking about... Great strategy!!! I can jump and reload at the same time... Not that I ever need to.. But all i have to do is press the 2 bottom buttons on my mouse at the same time... Isn't that magical!! I can jump and shoot at the same time, but why would I do something as retarded as that. Do you know anything at all about the physics of this game. All you are doing by jumping and shooting is extending your time to kill. So you are going on about lag and latency of milliseconds but you are extending your ttk by half a second. Who is drunk??? OMG get a clue.

6 binds on one mouse is not cluttered its tactical just cos you can't use it doesn't mean I can't. Plus by your theory the closer the buttons are together the less time it will takes for me to move from one to the other saving me precious milliseconds... LMAO...

Now all you are doing is concentrating on one tiny little aspects of your stupid @#$% coment. Which is the jump animation, which I never even made a comment at all about. So again what advantage are you talking about, because all you have given is disadvantages.

SO AGAIN WHAT MULTIPLE THINGS DO I ACTUALLY NEED TO DO OR THAT ACTUALLY GIVES ME AN ADVANTAGE THAT YOU CAN YOU DO THAT I CAN'T?????

On my nav dpad is fire mode, and torch on/off switch. and 2 xim configs vehicle mode and soldier mode. Buttons that I don't need to use quickly.

I still have buttons left over on my mouse if I wanted even more configs, but I don't need them.

How is pressing a button for sprint more efficient than pressing my L3 button. My thumb is already on it. just click it once... how can it get anymore efficient than that.

Now if you are in the middle of throwing a grenade you can cancel the animation just like I can the exact same way, that gives you no advantage its exactly the same. So again (this is like pulling teeth) what multiple things are you talking about that ACTUALLY gives you an advantage.

Like I said I was always a PC gamer, if I ever went back to PC I would use this exact setup.

I'm not assuming anything, most PC players use a keyboard and WASD Google it if you want.. Surveys have been done. Again Google it. I don't do it that way I never said I did.

It's not obvious its nonsense, what you are saying is rubbish you sound like a fanboy! I've used your setup plus heaps and heaps more. I have been playing Battlefield since BF1942.

And not to sound like a complete stats whore but I currently have a spm of 2300+ and a KD close to 3. I don't need you to tell me how to play this game. I've been playing it for over a decade.

If console players can stomp your aim when they are using an analog stick then you have no right to give advice to anyone instead forget about writing posts get into training mode and practice.

You keep talking about this travel time of my fingers, but any button I need my finger is already on top of. My thumb rests on the four buttons on my mouse, I just move it the direction of the button I want to press. OMG rocket science!!

Now I know I haven't quoted your little comments through out my post but if you have half a brain you will figure it out.

Anyways I have a business to run I have zero time for you, Thats why I only have 26 posts on this forum... LOL!!

A thousand apologies Santigold for hijacking your thread!!