XIM Community

Theoretical question for PS4 bluetooth support  (Read 5064 times)

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
Theoretical question for PS4 bluetooth support
« on: 06:59 AM - 02/03/14 »
So lets assume PS4 support via BT will be added. Will it require 2 BT dongles or only 1?

Also is the reason why you still didnt release the beta because mist is finishing some smart translators, I assume?

Offline Sgt8Bit

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Theoretical question for PS4 bluetooth support
« Reply #1 on: 07:02 AM - 02/03/14 »
Only one Bluetooth dongle is required.  The beta didn't hit yet because orbital is finishing audio passthrough for xbox one.  Should drop by mid week which is exactly when many people will be receiving their Bluetooth dongles.
Consoles: Xbox Series X, Playstation 4 Pro
Display: 55" LG CX
Audio: 2019 Mixamp Pro TR, Audio Technica ATH-ADG1X
Keyboard: Razer Tartarus Pro
Mouse: Logitech G502 SE Hero
Pad: Logitech G440

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:05 AM - 02/03/14 »
The question is in regards to PS4 mind you. If I understood the gimx guy, theyre doing BT passthrough, which in theory requires 2 BT adapters of some sort ( I assume).

Unless you can "talk" to multiple devices through 1 BT dongle.

And I think XB1 voice passthrough will be released a couple of weeks later and not with the initial beta.
« Last Edit: 07:14 AM - 02/03/14 by Santigold »

Offline PlaDale

• MVP
    • View Profile
Theoretical question for PS4 bluetooth support
« Reply #3 on: 09:47 AM - 02/03/14 »
You can pair multiple things to one Bluetooth adapter nowadays I believe
I have a problem with rules and got myself banned. Again.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #4 on: 09:48 AM - 02/03/14 »
The question is in regards to PS4 mind you. If I understood the gimx guy, theyre doing BT passthrough, which in theory requires 2 BT adapters of some sort ( I assume).

Unless you can "talk" to multiple devices through 1 BT dongle.

And I think XB1 voice passthrough will be released a couple of weeks later and not with the initial beta.

All of the communication should be able to be done through one adapter. It would go DS4 < - > XIM < - > PS4. The single bluetooth chip should be able to handle bidirectional communication.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:52 AM - 02/03/14 »
Yeah thats what I wasnt sure about, if it can do bidirectional and mutli-device, then it sounds like 1 BT adapter should be enough.

Offline Sledge_Hammer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:55 AM - 02/03/14 »
Would it be possible for the XIM 4 to emulate a DS4 and thus only require a link between it and the PS4?
Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #7 on: 09:57 AM - 02/03/14 »
Would it be possible for the XIM 4 to emulate a DS4 and thus only require a link between it and the PS4?

No. The DS4 and PS4 have a re-authentication process that cannot be spoofed. Because of that, it will be required for the DS4 to remain in the mix at all times.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Sledge_Hammer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:32 AM - 02/03/14 »
10-4, glad Iím not the one having to figure it all out!
Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

Offline AustinCOT

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Austinus
« Reply #9 on: 11:29 AM - 02/03/14 »

No. The DS4 and PS4 have a re-authentication process that cannot be spoofed. Because of that, it will be required for the DS4 to remain in the mix at all times.

Thants awesome on xim3 i used the left side of the contol pad for moving around and all other buttons were bound to the mouse. this will also be epic for using choppers in bf4 as i can just use the DS4.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #10 on: 06:05 AM - 02/05/14 »

Thants awesome on xim3 i used the left side of the contol pad for moving around and all other buttons were bound to the mouse. this will also be epic for using choppers in bf4 as i can just use the DS4.

you might be interested in a modded belkin n52te/razer orbweaver.
you can replace the dpad with an analog stick and not even have to pick up the controller for vehicles.
you get a great number of other advantages too. search for the tutorials and threads about those devices here in the forum, you'll find a lot of info.
soon..

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UnRyValD
  • PSN ID: Judea33
« Reply #11 on: 06:13 AM - 02/05/14 »

you might be interested in a modded belkin n52te/razer orbweaver.
you can replace the dpad with an analog stick and not even have to pick up the controller for vehicles.
you get a great number of other advantages too. search for the tutorials and threads about those devices here in the forum, you'll find a lot of info.

Or just spend 10$ on a move. All it is is the left side of the dual shock 3 with the x and o buttons.
Edge, XIM 4, Apex, waiting on Nexus

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #12 on: 06:24 AM - 02/05/14 »
Or just spend 10$ on a move. All it is is the left side of the dual shock 3 with the x and o buttons.

not really the same thing, i'm proposing he can conquer a town with an Army while you say "hey just pay 2 gold coins and get 1 soldier"...

if you even manage to conquer a town with just a measly foot soldier i assure you it won't be in 1 day. an Army it may be in 1h...

there are >20 buttons on n52te/orbweaver free for use while the PSMove Nav (the PSMove is the one without analog stick and with a lightball on top. so call the one you are refering too "Nav" please to make conversations easier) there are 8-9.

not to mention i have 4 fingers on top of keys at all times, which means by the time you press reload in the Nav lifting your finger from moving i'd be strafing, jumping, reloading, dropping a med kit and changing weapons. it's not even in the same league.

controller players are stomped everyday not because of my aim being via mouse or even my skill, simply because i can do 4 times more stuff at all times than them, they are outclassed in every aspect of the confrontation apart from personal skill. and what i lack in aim, i have "smarts" to make up and spare...
soon..

Toxication

« Reply #13 on: 05:48 PM - 02/05/14 »

not really the same thing, i'm proposing he can conquer a town with an Army while you say "hey just pay 2 gold coins and get 1 soldier"...

if you even manage to conquer a town with just a measly foot soldier i assure you it won't be in 1 day. an Army it may be in 1h...

there are >20 buttons on n52te/orbweaver free for use while the PSMove Nav (the PSMove is the one without analog stick and with a lightball on top. so call the one you are refering too "Nav" please to make conversations easier) there are 8-9.

not to mention i have 4 fingers on top of keys at all times, which means by the time you press reload in the Nav lifting your finger from moving i'd be strafing, jumping, reloading, dropping a med kit and changing weapons. it's not even in the same league.

controller players are stomped everyday not because of my aim being via mouse or even my skill, simply because i can do 4 times more stuff at all times than them, they are outclassed in every aspect of the confrontation apart from personal skill. and what i lack in aim, i have "smarts" to make up and spare...

Not really sure why you would be reloading a weapon and changing to a new weapon at the same time. Makes no sense to me. I use a nav and a G700 mouse and the only time I have to take my thumb of the analog stick is to get into a vehicle, which I rarely do. Jump, reload, pistol and spot are handled by the 4 buttons under my right thumb. There is no point reloading and throwing a medkit at the same time since the animation cancels the other one out. I throw a medkit and change to defib using the scroll wheel. Which is fine since the animation gives you plenty of time to get your finger back on the fire button. Crouch/prone is done by the right mouse button since I like to fire and crouch/prone at the same time. knifing is done by the scroll wheel button which I rarely knife anyways plus you don't need to fire and knife at the same time.

On the nav is ADS, and throw grenade since you are using the triggers the thumb still doesn't come off the analog stick. I can also change my fire mode and use my torch on the nav also buttons I rarely use. Start and PS are on the nav again buttons I don't use during the heat of battle. I can't see any advantage to having a n52te. I used to use one myself, I have always been a PC gamer before PS3, and IMHO the nav gives me a better advantage, since any advantage the n52 gives you is cancelled out by the game animations...

The analog stick on a nav is much more accurate and easier to use than the modified d-pad on n52. I also have change xim configs on the nav for vehicle mode. Again I rarely use vehicles except maybe light vehicles to get me into the battle faster.
« Last Edit: 05:55 PM - 02/05/14 by Toxication »

Toxication

« Reply #14 on: 06:06 PM - 02/05/14 »
Another thing worth mentioning is that on a PC 3 fingers are on WASD for movement so your comment about doing more things at once doesn't hold much weight. The reason PC gamers kick the @#$% out of console gamers is all about the mouse. It's about accuracy and getting on target much much quicker. Movement is handled by my left thumb only. I still can use my index finger and my middle finger if I need to.

Admin