XIM Community

Announcement Impressions  (Read 20850 times)

Offline The Pfhor

• MVP
  • "The Master of Unlocking."
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Pfhor
  • PSN ID: ThePfhor
Re: Announcement Impressions
« Reply #75 on: 08:18 PM - 02/02/14 »
Just got myself the adapter and hub Obsiv said to get. The one place doesn't have the adapters in stock but the other place digi key or whatever does. Got 2nd day shipping. Let it begin!!!!

Yeah unfortunately I couldn't order from Digikey, even when using a VPN it recognized I'm in Japan. I had to use Mouser to ship to an FPO address. Here's hoping that Mouser gets stock in earlier than they say. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
USN: OSC (SW/AW/IW)
PSN:     ThePfhor
Steam:  The Pfhor
Xbox:    The Pfhor

Offline Timmie3054

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Timmie 3000
« Reply #76 on: 08:40 PM - 02/02/14 »
For people who don't have an XIM Edge, its going to be quite costy to participate in the beta.

$200 for a used Xim Edge off ebay.
$25 for BT adapter + $20 shipping
$10 for USB hub $20 dollar shipping

$275 just to participate in this beta....

It might be worth it to just wait for the XIM4 official release.

Offline Sgt8Bit

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 08:49 PM - 02/02/14 »
For people who don't have an XIM Edge, its going to be quite costy to participate in the beta.

$200 for a used Xim Edge off ebay.
$25 for BT adapter + $20 shipping
$10 for USB hub $20 dollar shipping

$275 just to participate in this beta....

It might be worth it to just wait for the XIM4 official release.

Yeah, not worth it to participate in a beta that will only last a few months tops.  Best thing to do is wait for XIM4. 

I got lucky and bought a used XIM Edge off of someone locally for $60 back in November right when Obsiv said there would be a XIM4E beta.....but now they're going for huge money on ebay.
Consoles: Xbox Series X, Playstation 4 Pro
Display: 55" LG CX
Audio: 2019 Mixamp Pro TR, Audio Technica ATH-ADG1X
Keyboard: Razer Tartarus Pro
Mouse: Logitech G502 SE Hero
Pad: Logitech G440

Offline ShadowIG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 10:12 PM - 02/02/14 »
just do what i did with your xim3, give to a random viewer on the stream that wants it or has ps3/360

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 07:01 AM - 02/03/14 »
The beta is really only worth being in if you already have the Edge. If not the XIM4 is a few months away that it just makes more sense to wait.

The Edge will probably only be worth $80 once the XIM4 comes out so if you buy one now you will lose roughly half when the XIM4 launches.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline manaus

• I am not creative enough...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 08:16 AM - 02/03/14 »
They (mouser) already charged my credit card...they better have it soon!  >:(

BTW, sorry about this question but I still did not understand the function of the BT:

Left Port: USB Hub with your Mouse and Keyboard/Gameboard
Middle Port: Console Controller Xbox One (via micro-USB cable), or Xbox 360, or Dualshock 3 (charged)
Right Port: Your Bluetooth adapter (what is its function?)  :-[

GOT THE ANSWER IN OTHER POST!
  ;)

Just got myself the adapter and hub Obsiv said to get. The one place doesn't have the adapters in stock but the other place digi key or whatever does. Got 2nd day shipping. Let it begin!!!!

Yeah unfortunately I couldn't order from Digikey, even when using a VPN it recognized I'm in Japan. I had to use Mouser to ship to an FPO address. Here's hoping that Mouser gets stock in earlier than they say. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
« Last Edit: 08:22 AM - 02/03/14 by manaus »
Previous owner of:
- XimEdge;
- Xim 4; and now
- Xim Apex

Console: Xbox One
Display: Gateway 21,5" widescreen (FHX2153L) (Very old, but it works)
KB: Arctosa Razer
Mice: Logitech G203

Be happy!

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #81 on: 08:23 AM - 02/03/14 »

BTW, sorry about this question but I still did not understand the function of the BT:

Middle Port: Console Controller Xbox One (via micro-USB cable), or Xbox 360, or Dualshock 3 (charged)

the BT is for talking to your computer (if it has BT) or android device - this is for setting up your configurations and sensitivities
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 08:34 AM - 02/03/14 »
So I just got off the phone with Mouser, they were really nice and cancelled the order. I asked if they already charged the card and they said they don't until the order ships.

GOT THE ANSWER IN OTHER POST!
  ;)

XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline Joker76

• No asterisks in this lifetime, only scoreboards.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drunkn Joker
« Reply #83 on: 09:04 AM - 02/03/14 »
the BT is for talking to your computer (if it has BT) or android device - this is for setting up your configurations and sensitivities

OBIsV said there is also a wired option for PC. Does this mean we can still participate in the beta without the BT adapter that is OOS on both US distributors? I put in my order but they are backordered.

Or, if we decide to order the 'cheap' one from Amazon, which model should we get? The BTA-403 model A?
« Last Edit: 09:10 AM - 02/03/14 by Joker76 »

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 09:08 AM - 02/03/14 »

But OBIsV said there is also a wired option for PC. Does this mean we can still participate in the beta without the BT adapter that is OOS on both US distributors?
No that option won't come until the XIM4 as they aren't shipping with a BT adapter.

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #85 on: 09:26 AM - 02/03/14 »

OBIsV said there is also a wired option for PC. Does this mean we can still participate in the beta without the BT adapter that is OOS on both US distributors? I put in my order but they are backordered.

Or, if we decide to order the 'cheap' one from Amazon, which model should we get? The BTA-403 model A?

i'm pretty sure the wired option won't be until the xim4.  Don't quote me on that, maybe OBsIV can chime in. 

as for the BT piece, this is what i'm currently using (it is not supported):
http://www.amazon.com/ORICO-BTA-403-Bluetooth-Adapter-Compatible/dp/B00ESBRTMO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1389851376&sr=8-2&keywords=ORICO+BTA-403+Low+Energy+Bluetooth+4.0+Adapter+USB+Micro+Adapter

i finally got it working after a while, i did have problems in the beginning - if you're willing to take the risk of it not working to save some money/time (to receive a BT adapter)
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #86 on: 09:30 AM - 02/03/14 »
The Orico is what I use as well.  I've not had issues with it.  Not supported though, try it at your own risk.

Offline Joker76

• No asterisks in this lifetime, only scoreboards.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drunkn Joker
« Reply #87 on: 09:39 AM - 02/03/14 »
The Orico is what I use as well.  I've not had issues with it.  Not supported though, try it at your own risk.

Good to hear, thanks fellas. Money is not really an issue, it's just that I've been waiting for the beta for a long time and it just so happens I was out of town when the announcement came. So I didn't have a chance to order the dongle before they were all sold out.

I'll try the cheapo one for now and have the Laird on order whenever it comes back in stock.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post above, feel free to remove the 2nd one. The Edit/Modify/Remove option is not showing up for me.

Offline PlaDale

• MVP
    • View Profile
Announcement Impressions
« Reply #88 on: 09:40 AM - 02/03/14 »
The beta won't have wired config. The whole point if the beta is to test out the new features which are dependent upon the Bluetooth
I have a problem with rules and got myself banned. Again.

Offline goon0303

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: goon0303
« Reply #89 on: 09:46 AM - 02/03/14 »
no selling here... try ebay
« Last Edit: 09:47 AM - 02/03/14 by tuffrabit »

Admin