XIM Community

Xbox One insider leaks CHEAPER VERSION in the works.  (Read 4386 times)

Offline Ryoga

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox One insider leaks CHEAPER VERSION in the works.
« Reply #30 on: 09:19 AM - 02/01/14 »
I'll wait until Fall 2015 for an XBox One. I'm in no real rush to buy it...

I've had enough of Microsoft botching their products up; Windows 8, Windows Phone, to name a few...

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: KodRaiN
« Reply #31 on: 12:32 PM - 02/01/14 »
I'm surprised the XBONE doesn't already have blutooth.  The reason I got the TB PX5 headset was to reduce interference on the 2.4ghz band.  At any one point there are 2 laptops, two phones, and one (roommates) xbox plus his controller and any neighbor's wifi devices all around that frequency.  Plus the larger wavelength allows me to walk farther away from the receiver.  Blutooth would also allow for a more seamless integration of smartglass, because it would no longer have to go through the internet or through the router. 

I see the BD driveless version as nothing more than a filthy tactic to control the sale of used games, something M$ already took a ton of heat over after they announced (and later rescinded) DRM and required internet connection at all times.  Besides, why would you NOT want to be able to claim your console functions as a BD player?  I mean, if you're gonna basically make your console function as a cable box...  Alas, I can see it happening, because this is a company that released a 4gb HDD in the 21st century. 

If they release a cheaper version they should ditch the kinnect.  Plain and simple.  If you use the Kinnect to game then you have no right to call yourself a videogamer!

Some of these M$ ceo's need to have some rocks thrown at them.  Hard. 

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #32 on: 12:36 PM - 02/01/14 »
its inevitable ill have both at some point. obviously there is no rush.  at least theyre sticking to their guns with the kinect though, even though its a pos.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01:20 PM - 02/04/14 »
Just thought I'd put this here in case you guys haven't seen it already

http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/03/microsoft-squashes-rumors-of-a-cheaper-all-digital-xbox-one/

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03:39 PM - 02/04/14 »
      -Microsoft may not be selling diskless XB1'S but I found out why there are some Xb1 being tested without them . It's because they're testing streaming emulated based  360 games , Bluetooth and a Kinect less unit.

This is the reason there's no drive in the Xbx 1 . It's not because it's being tested for the market...

Make sense because Sony is doing something similar with the pS4 and emulated games.

..ALSO .. I've heard from a reliable source the V2. of the Xbox 1 has a upgraded 7870 based gpu that's being tested ..  Look for the new sku coming in early April . Hope these new sku specs stick .. could be a game changer.  :o

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03:44 PM - 02/04/14 »
..ALSO .. I've heard from a reliable source the V2. of the Xbox 1 has a upgraded 7870 based gpu that's being tested ..  Look for the new sku coming in early April . Hope these new sku specs stick .. could be a game changer.  :o

this would make it slightly if not noticeably stronger than the ps4, interesting
i wonder how they want to sell that to the customers that already bought a xbox one
sounds a bit too good to be true
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 03:54 PM - 02/04/14 »
God I hope this turns out to be true.I would buy it in a heart beat.

They COULD do some sort of exchange program so all the early adopters don't get screwed. $100 upgrade I don't think would break the bank for too many people. Plus with it being tax season...yeah great timing.

As long as they show its now the the most capable and powerful console out now.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline gahagafaka

• MVP
  • The Avian Floo
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Worst Ever
  • PSN ID: crack_monk
« Reply #37 on: 03:57 PM - 02/04/14 »
yeah if they just go ahead and make a v2 console 4-6 months after I bought my one they can just F themselves  honestly... I'm sorry they shoulda just delayed the thing not make us trade ours in and pay more

unless they give it to me for free no hassle which is obviously aint happening
Lion tamer, Goat slayer, Bird brains, Narnian

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06:40 PM - 02/04/14 »
I VERY much doubt that will happen.

Most obvious thing would be a kinectless xbox. or a white one...
but I like the kinect, I think it's the future of gaming (or at least for other tasks outside of gaming.)

they need to dev. it more, but honestly I view it like the iphone....people laughed at those who spent 500 bucks on a phone because the notion that you would use a phone for more than talking/texting was silly. now you do everything on your phone. it's all about integration. give it time. because of the kinect, the xbox has the hardware to go further than the ps4 imo....

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #39 on: 07:42 PM - 02/04/14 »
There's no way they will have two different gpus in the wild for the same console. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #40 on: 10:49 PM - 02/04/14 »
agreed i highly doubt there'd be a different gpu.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 11:05 PM - 02/04/14 »
If they did rerelease the One they could ditch the Kinect and just have an upgraded GPU. I'M DOWN.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
« Reply #42 on: 06:01 AM - 02/05/14 »
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08:11 AM - 02/05/14 »

this would make it slightly if not noticeably stronger than the ps4, interesting
i wonder how they want to sell that to the customers that already bought a xbox one
sounds a bit too good to be true

The future of current XBONE owners if this is true

sorry but its time to leave.... goodbye all!

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #44 on: 10:40 AM - 02/05/14 »
The fact that this discussion is even going on is sad...short of a brand new console being released (i.e. XBTwo), there's only so many things they can do to help the hardware and have a consistent console experience for both programmers and plaers. 

You know, the reason many use consoles in the first place rather than PCs? 

The XBone does a lot of good stuff folks.  Use it and enjoy.  Stop obsessing.

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Admin