XIM Community

Wireless headphones  (Read 3645 times)

Offline smackerooni

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: mooseonndaloose
Wireless headphones
« on: 12:07 PM - 01/24/14 »
I'm wondering if anyone has found a good pair of wireless headphones for Xbone?  I thought I found a pair I was gonna wait for in the 4shots from Polk audio but finally realized they are only wireless from the controller, still have to plug it in....  As I plan on wireless mouse and keyboard I also want headphones the same way.  Any ideas?  Budget around $200.

Offline pyton

• View Profile
Re: Wireless headphones
« Reply #1 on: 12:09 PM - 01/24/14 »
Turtle beach makes good headphones, but i dont know if they made any for the xbone yet.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:24 PM - 01/24/14 »
You can buy a chimaera and mixamp for about 200. Its completely wireless, the mic cable plugs into the headset base, not the headset. You still have to wait for the MS headset adapter though. Without it I'm using the headset for audio and the kinect as my mic. The audio quality isn't the top tier but it gets the job done.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
« Reply #3 on: 12:42 PM - 01/24/14 »
Sounds like it's best to wait.  I plan on getting some really good headphones so I can use them with gaming and my stereo system. Although from what I have been reading there are not any mix amps worth a @#$% out right now. Unless you have any suggestions. 

I currently have the triton ax pros
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
« Reply #4 on: 01:31 PM - 01/24/14 »
You can buy a chimaera and mixamp for about 200. Its completely wireless, the mic cable plugs into the headset base, not the headset. You still have to wait for the MS headset adapter though. Without it I'm using the headset for audio and the kinect as my mic. The audio quality isn't the top tier but it gets the job done.

Doing it this way seems to only work while in a party, when I am outside a party and I ask can I be heard no one answers.

Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:35 PM - 01/24/14 »
Its either faint or game dependent. I've experienced that in ghosts as well but tuff could hear me in bf4 without being in a party.

Offline ShortSchoolBus

• U.S. Army -Who dares, wins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:39 PM - 01/24/14 »
modding your chat adapter is really easy. If I can do it, anyone can. The TB and Polk X1 headphones are not going to be 5.1 or 7.1 dolby. I don't think they are worth waiting for.
Apex XIM4 Xim Edge
Xbox 360 Xbox One
Logitech G910 Keyboard
Logitech G503 wireless
Razer Vespula Pad
Astro A40

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:14 PM - 01/24/14 »
I have a modded chat adapter that has a 2.5mm plug on it. Use it just like you would on the 360.

Also I just got the SteelSeries H Wireless 2 days ago. These are decent headphones but not worth $300 IMO.

I wish I could somehow make my DT990's wireless. I'd be in heaven if that were possible.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #8 on: 02:53 PM - 01/24/14 »
Turtle beach makes good headphones, but i dont know if they made any for the xbone yet.

Oh my........

Roads and Od1n is gonna have a field day with this comment. LOL
XiM3R since ever since.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:58 PM - 01/24/14 »
Yeah.. the only thing Turtle Beach does right is marketing.

Offline Long Duk Dong

• From Pain Comes Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:57 PM - 01/24/14 »
WHaaaattt? Turtle Beach head phones are great! I own the PX5's and they work on every thing. The only complaint I had was it wasn't PS4 compatible with out the chat cable. But once the new PS4 update hits, it should fix the issue regarding wireless head sets.
**From Pain Comes Knowledge**
XIM Edge
Razer DeathAdder
Logitech G13
Anker Laser Gaming Mouse with 8200 DPI
Sony Nav
PS4 Gold Wireless V7.1
Turtle Beach PX5
Oh-Yeah....

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:04 PM - 01/24/14 »
You don't truly realize how garbage actual gaming headsets are till you use a real pair of headphones.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
« Reply #12 on: 07:09 PM - 01/24/14 »
You don't truly realize how garbage actual gaming headsets are till you use a real pair of headphones.

As with most audio stuff.  Once your fork out and buy the right equipment you're pretty much done. Lasts for longer and quality is an intense difference.   The first time you experience  quality audio stuff its like daaaaaaaaamn.  I'm not audio/videophile either.  Good mid level stuff is way better than over marketed and over priced stuff by a longshot.

Never used turtle beaches so my above comment doesn't apply to a specific brand just in general
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07:22 PM - 01/24/14 »
WHaaaattt? Turtle Beach head phones are great! I own the PX5's and they work on every thing. The only complaint I had was it wasn't PS4 compatible with out the chat cable. But once the new PS4 update hits, it should fix the issue regarding wireless head sets.

I am a former PX5 owner and I can confirm they sound nothing like a REAL pair of headphones. Everything sounds so unrealistic and the bass is horrendous. It sounds like a toy compared to actual headphones.

I did enjoy all the features the PX5 had such as being TRULY all wireless (except for the 360 where you needed the chat cable going to the controller, but there was a puck you could plug into your controller to make it truly all wireless), and the ability to stream music over bluetooth from my PC. But sound quality wise, it doesn't even come close.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline Long Duk Dong

• From Pain Comes Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:22 AM - 01/25/14 »

I am a former PX5 owner and I can confirm they sound nothing like a REAL pair of headphones. Everything sounds so unrealistic and the bass is horrendous. It sounds like a toy compared to actual headphones.

I did enjoy all the features the PX5 had such as being TRULY all wireless (except for the 360 where you needed the chat cable going to the controller, but there was a puck you could plug into your controller to make it truly all wireless), and the ability to stream music over bluetooth from my PC. But sound quality wise, it doesn't even come close.

Never really owned any other brand. :-/ Which would you recommend and why?
**From Pain Comes Knowledge**
XIM Edge
Razer DeathAdder
Logitech G13
Anker Laser Gaming Mouse with 8200 DPI
Sony Nav
PS4 Gold Wireless V7.1
Turtle Beach PX5
Oh-Yeah....

Admin