XIM Community

A few questions  (Read 745 times)

sefalk

A few questions
« on: 06:47 AM - 08/13/09 »
Hey, I've been doing my best to research the XIM but I have some questions if you don't mind answering.

1. I keep hearing you can't expect the level of the preformance that you get on the PC, what does this exactly mean? Will you experience alot of lag with the XIM?
2 Is it easy to setup? Do you need to setup different profiles for every game? Will you be able to get the same preformance in lets say Halo 3 as in the Battlefield series?
3. Is windows XP prefered for the software? Will a old laptop work fine?
4. Will shipping to Europe (Sweden) take less then a month?

I know you answer these questions all the time, but I want to be sure before I spend all the money I have  ::)

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions
« Reply #1 on: 10:34 AM - 08/13/09 »
1. I keep hearing you can't expect the level of the preformance that you get on the PC, what does this exactly mean? Will you experience alot of lag with the XIM?
2 Is it easy to setup? Do you need to setup different profiles for every game? Will you be able to get the same preformance in lets say Halo 3 as in the Battlefield series?
3. Is windows XP prefered for the software? Will a old laptop work fine?
4. Will shipping to Europe (Sweden) take less then a month?

1) No, lag isn't noticeable with XIM2.  I'm assuming that's what you want to purchase.
2) It's fairly easy to setup for the popular games.  Check the Configuration section for more on that.  If it's a game no one has attempted expect to spend a lot of time trying to get something that feels right.
3) If your computer can run XP then it will have no problem with XIM.  Just know that you need at least XP to run it.
4) It's more dependent on your customs than the courier.  It could be tied up for a long time in customs getting processed, so you'd best ask the customs office how long it takes to process that sort of stuff.  Generally it takes about a week to get from the U.S. to Europe.

sefalk

Re: A few questions
« Reply #2 on: 12:37 PM - 08/13/09 »
Thanks for the answers man.

I'm definitely going to buy XIM2, I'll tell some friends about this awesome product too.