XIM Community

Uncharted 2  (Read 1614 times)

Offline tommy

• View Profile
Uncharted 2
« on: 03:46 PM - 08/12/09 »
I work at Naughty Dog on Uncharted 2 and am really tired of getting my arse waxed by the QA testers (I'm an old school mouse/keyboard guy).... so, I gots me an XIM here.  Trouble is, I'm having difficulty making it work well.  It takes way too long to turn around and when you're aiming down the sites, it has a 8-10 pixel jump.  Is it because I'm on a dev kit and not on the real ps3?

Has anyone configured one for Uncharted 1?  That might be a good starting point for me.  I searched here and came up with squat.

I did play with the configs.  I put the Sensitivity Primary at 8000 and it's still too slow.  I read somewhere there is a setting that counteracts the controller's acceleration?

Offline tommy

• View Profile
Re: Uncharted 2
« Reply #1 on: 02:55 PM - 08/13/09 »
Wow, this is not a very active community.

So I'm still getting my @#$% handed to me by QA.  XIM actually makes me worse than before.  It's just too slow.  I'll keep playing with it and maybe see if it works better on some fps games... but so far, it's poop.

Offline Riseing

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • My clan site
« Reply #2 on: 02:58 PM - 08/13/09 »
Here mate try posting it in here http://xim3.com/community/index.php?board=13.0
might get a response faster.
Help me in my quest to get tweak positive rep.
http://www.ximmers.com/forum/index.php
Go there for macros and such.

Offline Voli

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:34 AM - 08/14/09 »
Did you turn your in-game sensitivity to the maximum setting?

Offline tommy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:25 PM - 08/14/09 »
Did you turn your in-game sensitivity to the maximum setting?

That made a big difference.. and I found that TranslationExponent so that helped a lot too.  I'll post what I have in the config area.

Thanks!!

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #5 on: 07:04 PM - 09/28/09 »
Tommy -

Did you get a working config that allows Drake to run?  If so, please post with mouse and sensitivity levels for both the game and mouse you're using.  Thanks!

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck