XIM Community

Will the XIM4 BETA STs work on the XIM3 using CronusMax to connect with the X1?  (Read 3162 times)

Offline Kevin-D-Lee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SG Kevin D Lee
  • PSN ID: Kevin-D-Lee
I hope that question makes sense.

I'd like to help with the Beta but I have a XIM3, will the smart translators you have for the XIM4 Beta function on the XIM3 provided we use the Cronus device to bridge the gap?

Please don't start a device hate speech, it's only being used as a means to connect my XIM3 to the X1 while we wait for XIM4

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
i dont think obsiv will launch the beta STs also for xim3 so people with cronus can play them
but only he can answer that question
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
XIM3 will not get next gen STs.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Kevin-D-Lee

• MVP
    • View Profile
If I can't help it's not a big deal, just a random thought I had.  I know nothing of what it would take to allow those STs to function on the XIM3 even if just for the beta

Offline Kevin-D-Lee

• MVP
    • View Profile
XIM3 will not get next gen STs.

Thanks for the answer, I'll just need to be patient.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
Yeah, and Edge will only get them as part of the beta release, which will have a finite timespan, so we'll all need XIM4 anyway.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xaanit
Its been answered a million times.

XIM3 will not be a part of the beta...the STs or be in any way associated with next gen.

I mean it has been made pretty clear.

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
So here's my situation (and others seem to be in the same sinking boat). I have the XIM3 so I'm screwed on the beta. I really want to play Titanfall but lack of updates from Ob regarding a Q1 target and no beta in play yet for XIM4 points to this not happening. My only option would be using a Cronus Max with my XIM3. I'm not jumping ship and will buy the XIM4 the second it's out. Hell, even have to pay an extra $60 just to get a Cronus Max to keep using my XIM3.

So what would be nice to see is an update on the timeline. If XIM4 won't be out by Titanfall then let us know ASAP so we can plan accordingly. From there we have a dedicated topic for Cronus Max/XIM3 users on getting Titanfall to work.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I'd really like to give a timeline to you but I just can't right now. The hardware is going under final review over the next 2 weeks. Assuming that's all fine, enclosure is next (which won't take as long as everyone thinks here).

The beta is dependent on bugs the Alpha testers are finding. As soon as this last BT adapter issue is fixed, the beta is on. We get extra hardware on Monday to help figure out this last issue.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
I'd really like to give a timeline to you but I just can't right now.

Thanks ObsIV, and correct me if I'm wrong, the only "official" timeline that's been posted during this entire project was a Q1 release.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
  • Karma [>] 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
I'd really like to give a timeline to you but I just can't right now. The hardware is going under final review over the next 2 weeks. Assuming that's all fine, enclosure is next (which won't take as long as everyone thinks here).

The beta is dependent on bugs the Alpha testers are finding. As soon as this last BT adapter issue is fixed, the beta is on. We get extra hardware on Monday to help figure out this last issue.

What is different about building an enclosure this time compared to last time with XIM3. Last time it took fooooorrreeeevvverr to get it done and ready for launch.
I am Spartacus!

Offline scrotesmd

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Scrotesmd
  • PSN ID: Scrotesmd
Just a thought but can you tell the settings for creating a manual config from the next gen smart config?
 Manual configs can work well so thought xim3 users with.chronus could get settings from the smart config to create a manual one. Hope this makes sense at least until xim4 us out

Offline PlaDale

• MVP
    • View Profile

What is different about building an enclosure this time compared to last time with XIM3. Last time it took fooooorrreeeevvverr to get it done and ready for launch.

It'll be the third time they've done it though so they have more experience :)
I have a problem with rules and got myself banned. Again.

Offline SuponjiBobu

• MVP
    • View Profile

There is only one option!