XIM Community

looking at mice to use with XIM4  (Read 6583 times)

Offline Sully_pa

• View Profile
Re: looking at mice to use with XIM4
« Reply #30 on: 03:06 PM - 01/24/14 »
I use a 700 and don't experience lag......it is true the top buttons get pressed by accident sometimes but not much of an issue......feels great in hand.

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09:33 PM - 01/24/14 »
I use a 700 and don't experience lag......it is true the top buttons get pressed by accident sometimes but not much of an issue......feels great in hand.

Well bummer.  :-/

I would hate it if I try to go prone and switch weapons or reload.
- PS4 - XIM4 - G502 (12k dpi / 500 report rate) - Sony Nav - ASUS MX279H -

Offline Sully_pa

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10:14 AM - 01/25/14 »
I have a cyber snipa game pad for most of those moves .....I leave the top two side button blank so if I hit them while hitting the lower buttons it doesn't do anything...... more then enough buttons for what I like to do with the mouse.

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10:47 AM - 01/25/14 »
I have a cyber snipa game pad for most of those moves .....I leave the top two side button blank so if I hit them while hitting the lower buttons it doesn't do anything...... more then enough buttons for what I like to do with the mouse.

I actually have one of those that I used with the Eagle Eye many moons ago but I really need the stick the left side now.  I just couldn't get back into using a keyboard for some reason (even though I was a PC gamer for years).  Once I got use to the Fragnstein I couldn't do it.

I don't recall....  What do you bind to run on with keyboard?  L3 and then press that along with the direction key?
« Last Edit: 10:55 AM - 01/25/14 by Pneumatic »

Offline Sully_pa

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12:51 PM - 01/25/14 »

I toggle sprint so it always on ...The L control button I use for toggle-crouch hold -prone ...Space= jump... R T F G are all used for inventory ... Ammo crate ... XM25 ....use ..... I run support ....

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03:21 PM - 01/25/14 »
People are forecasting a Q3 release now for XIM4. If that's the case then it's likely there will be newer mice options that currently aren't available.

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08:03 PM - 01/25/14 »
Man I hope it doesn't take that long!  :-/

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08:33 PM - 01/25/14 »
People are forecasting a Q3 release now for XIM4. If that's the case then it's likely there will be newer mice options that currently aren't available.

"People are forecasting a Q3 release"....

LOL, funny how everyone takes what one RANDOM forum member said earlier (not even affiliated with the XIM project in any way) and blows it out of proporition.  :P
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08:37 PM - 01/25/14 »

"People are forecasting a Q3 release"....

LOL, funny how everyone takes what one RANDOM forum member said earlier (not even affiliated with the XIM project in any way) and blows it out of proporition.  :P

To my knowledge there's been no update on the Q1 target. However, based on stated comments from last month the beta testing should have started. They haven't even finished with alpha and we'll be in Feb by next week.

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
« Reply #39 on: 01:28 AM - 01/26/14 »
There's been no update on the q1 status.

EXACTLY, so it hasn't changed yet.  The one thing I have noticed is when something is going wrong or delaying anything he let's us know.  I don't know why some of you people are still freaking out. If it's that bad buy a @#$% cronus.  There is a solution available to accommodate those that can't wait but stop making stuff up and crying over stuff when you really don't have any clue what's going on behind the scenes in detail, nor do they even need to let us know.  All you people are doing is getting other people confused. 

No one wants to see chicken little #1 make a false statement which is then backed chicken little #2. Which then one needs to go search to make sure it's not true.  Buy a cronus or wait.

I personally can't stand using the controller any longer it just pisses me off.  I miss playing my games just as much as everyone else.  I may bite the @#$% bullet and waste money on a cronus if the beta doesn't drop soon or if I only had xim3 I would have bought one since day 1 of finding out it can make my Xim work.
« Last Edit: 01:34 AM - 01/26/14 by Soulo »
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08:08 AM - 01/26/14 »
If it's that bad buy a @#$% cronus.  There is a solution available to accommodate those that can't wait...

From what I've seen, a Cronus + XIM3 works okay for games that have a smart translator available. But the unknown is for games like Titanfall where there is no ST to work from.

Offline PlaDale

• MVP
    • View Profile
looking at mice to use with XIM4
« Reply #41 on: 08:41 AM - 01/26/14 »
Nobody relevant is saying Q3. The beta does not affect the release timeline of the XIM4, just because the beta is late doesn't mean that the whole project is delayed by that. Obsiv had reiterated Q1 multiple times, but people ignore him and quote people that have nothing to do with the project. Why? For gods sake why?
I have a problem with rules and got myself banned. Again.

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08:50 AM - 01/26/14 »
Nobody relevant is saying Q3. The beta does not affect the release timeline of the XIM4, just because the beta is late doesn't mean that the whole project is delayed by that. Obsiv had reiterated Q1 multiple times, but people ignore him and quote people that have nothing to do with the project. Why? For gods sake why?

The "why" is b/c there hasn't been much in terms of updates and let's face it, a lot of folks want to play Titanfall which is out Mar 11. Back in early Dec when news of the upcoming beta was surfacing this seemed like plenty of time to hit the target. Now we're at Feb and still no beta so it's not surprising people are speculating that a Titanfall/Q1 release isn't happening... except for Edge owners.

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #43 on: 10:19 AM - 01/26/14 »
Bottom line is you either trust OBsIV or you don't. He's said Q1 and hasn't changed that. All these armchair XIM developers amuse me.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
Re: Re: looking at mice to use with XIM4
« Reply #44 on: 10:34 AM - 01/26/14 »

The "why" is b/c there hasn't been much in terms of updates and let's face it, a lot of folks want to play Titanfall which is out Mar 11. Back in early Dec when news of the upcoming beta was surfacing this seemed like plenty of time to hit the target. Now we're at Feb and still no beta so it's not surprising people are speculating that a Titanfall/Q1 release isn't happening... except for Edge owners.

So basically no solid evidence, but rather conjecture and speculation.

The beta was slated for the end of January. As far as I can tell we are still on target.

The sky isn't falling.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.