XIM Community

XIM4 Configuration Options?  (Read 1222 times)

Offline DoZZa

• View Profile
XIM4 Configuration Options?
« on: 09:45 AM - 01/21/14 »
Having owned and used the XIM2,  XIM3 and Edge, I find that the XIM2 and XIM3 has far more control and configuration options than the Edge.

I have just spent the last week trying to get a satisfactory config to work on the Edge but could not get it spot on with the limited config options available, even using Ballistic Curves did not yield the desired results.

But with the XIM2 and XIM3 I can get the control that I need.

Now, the Edge only seems to use Smart Translators and does not appear to have the option to dial in Standard settings like the XIM2 and XIM3. Only sensitivity and delay settings are available.

So my question is, will the XIM4 only use Smart Translators or will there be an option like the XIM2 and XIM3 for using Standard configs?

Cheers :)

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
Re: XIM4 Configuration Options?
« Reply #1 on: 09:50 AM - 01/21/14 »
There has been some discussion, but most likely it's just going to be STs. There may be some "generic" STs that you can use and to which you can apply a custom ballistic curve and boost.

It didn't sound likely that standard configs would come back into the fold.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline DoZZa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:31 AM - 01/21/14 »
Thats a shame, it would be really nice to have more advanced configuration options like the older XIMS.

I am no coder so dont know whats involved or if its even possible to have standard configs available on the new hardware.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:32 PM - 01/21/14 »
Do you still have your edge? I'm curious what type to of curves you tried. If you still have edge you can either paste the code or take a screen shot.

With ballistic curves being so accessible on xim4 I'm sure we will see more people sharing curves and through that more people will understand how they work. Ballistic curves are much more powerful than a single acceleration knob.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline DoZZa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:24 PM - 01/21/14 »
This was one of the Curves I found to be OK.

Took me awhile to get this to feel right, but I finally got it.  This emulates toysrme's xim3/xim2 standard config that pushes through aim-assist/sticky-aim.  The only real non-1:1 portion is the low speed ramp up.  I had to lower my XIM sensitivity from hip 14 to hip 10 and ADS 10 to ADS 7 to get it to feel the same as the vanilla ST.  Using a G700 at 4500 DPI.

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM Edge Ballistics START Paste >>>
XEBH:0100122331404A545E68727C86909AA4AEB8C2C8C8C8E803
XEBA:0100121F2D39434D57616B757F89939DA7B1BBC5C8C8BC02
<<< XIM Edge Ballistics END Paste   <<<

Offline DoZZa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:25 PM - 01/21/14 »
And yes, I still have my Edge, dont think I will be selling it though. Could come in useful in the future!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:43 PM - 01/21/14 »
That's more of a linear curve, you have some positive acceleration at the beginning but when it flattens out that's basically increased sensitivity with linear movement. Most standard configs have more positive acceleration throughout the curve. At the very least the acceleration change may not be where you have it in your curve.

I don't know what curve can model XIM2/3 knobs exactly but you may want something that builds up acceleration like below. The left side has a small buildup of acceleration and the right has a larger build up. The amount needed is really up to you based on feel.

I'm the same way with electronics. Especially XIM :)
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
« Reply #7 on: 04:15 PM - 01/21/14 »
Dude I am in the same exact boat!  The xim2 and 3 same exact scenario! Unfortunately I don't have my older gen systems so I have to wait.  I am hoping to learn more in the xim4. I just kinda gave up in the ballistics didn't understand it all.
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it