XIM Community

Limits to turn speed while in vehicles?  (Read 922 times)

Offline wdmyers

• View Profile
Limits to turn speed while in vehicles?
« on: 04:58 PM - 01/20/14 »
This was an issue for me with the Edge and Halo 4.  Hated picking up the controller to properly control vehicles.  Realize that there are ways to get around this with profile switching, but is this something that will be inherent in the new XIM? 

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Limits to turn speed while in vehicles?
« Reply #1 on: 05:00 PM - 01/20/14 »
yes config switching will be a big thing in xim4, obsiv already showed us in his youtube demonstration that eafh xim4 config will feature several switchers
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #2 on: 05:01 PM - 01/20/14 »
I think you're asking if XIM 4 will do this without config switching. To that, the answer is no, the XIM can't see when you get in a vehicle. The smart translator on the XIM is pretty much always based on the standard, on-foot look mechanic. Vehicles have weird sensitivity issues with the way they do their look mechanics. Thinking about it, when using a controller you pretty much always have to peg the stick while in a vehicle. It's hard to constantly "peg the stick" with a mouse.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline wdmyers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:04 PM - 01/20/14 »
I think you're asking if XIM 4 will do this without config switching. To that, the answer is no, the XIM can't see when you get in a vehicle. The smart translator on the XIM is pretty much always based on the standard, on-foot look mechanic. Vehicles have weird sensitivity issues with the way they do their look mechanics. Thinking about it, when using a controller you pretty much always have to peg the stick while in a vehicle. It's hard to constantly "peg the stick" with a mouse.

Bummer!  :(

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #4 on: 05:07 PM - 01/20/14 »
Yeah, it's literally impossible to deal with without config switching.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UnRyValD
  • PSN ID: Judea33
« Reply #5 on: 04:26 AM - 01/21/14 »
I thought he might add another hold down button setting like ads.

If I could bind a keyboard button to the mouse that would work but I can't do that with my g700.

"Ouch, That hurt!" yo face

Offline ICEMAN

• Team EWIX - Founder
    • View Profile
    • Team Ewix
  • Gamertag: IceMan40
  • PSN ID: xxIceMan40xx
« Reply #6 on: 10:52 AM - 01/21/14 »
I thought he might add another hold down button setting like ads.

If I could bind a keyboard button to the mouse that would work but I can't do that with my g700.

I believe that is exactly what the switchers do. You set the button you want and the process of input (i.e. Press, Release, Toggle). Should be the same general concept we have for switchers right now. Just now you have more than two switcher options per profile.
XBOX One Gaming Setup:
XIM4E :: ASUS VG248QE Monitor :: Razer Naga 5700dpi :: Logitech G13 Gamepad :: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Gaming Keyboard

Streaming/Recording Setup:
15-inch: 2.3GHz MacBook Pro with Retina display :: Wirecast 5.0 Studio :: Blue Yeti Microphone :: Logitech C920 WebCam :: Black Magic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt :: Atlona AT-HD550 HDMI Up/Down Scaler/Convertor :: Sewell Direct SW-23500 HDMI Splitter :: Avermedia ExtremeCap U3