XIM Community

Hori Pad 4 FPS (Wired PS4 Controller)  (Read 121958 times)

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Re: Hori Pad 4 FPS (Wired PS4 Controller)
« Reply #30 on: 08:08 AM - 01/21/14 »
Well I can't read Japanese. .. what's all the extra craps for? The dial and extra button...

they have a button that puts the analogs /or right analog) on a "precision mode" where sens is largely less.

also the normal analog sens can be adjusted..
soon..

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #31 on: 08:10 AM - 01/21/14 »
All of the cheap knock offs for PS3 were coming out of China, and i am sure there were some parents who took Sony to court over this due to the controllers getting very hot so hot it was impossible for the little ones to hold them.
Coupled with some injuries due to the batteries exploding inside, a friend of mine had one and we opened it up unlike the official ones we had to break it to get it open and the insides were very dodgy looking the battery was just some home made thing and shrink wrapped unlike the Sony hard sealed batteries.
It was not fixed in place and just bounced around inside there.

Hori do make a lot of licensed products for Sony so i would've thought it is.

wow, no amount of reading such Chinese calamities will ever cease to amaze..
soon..

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09:21 AM - 01/21/14 »
Someone translate all of this please (I know it was already mentioned, but I'm throwing up the pics in the link for reference).

Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #33 on: 09:53 AM - 01/21/14 »
guys translating Japanese is hard as diamonds, i think user The Pfhor can do it but short of that you are better off just getting an english version of the Hori PS3 controller since the new one is exactly the same + PS4 support.

the analog dial is a sensitivity modifier.

there are more than 1 analog stick i think.

they have 2 extra "bumpers" below L1 and R1 that i think do burst fire like mice.

the extra button below the controller is a sensitivity modifier that (while hold? or toggle?) changes sensitivity to a lower value so people can aim more accurately for small adjustments to aim (use case: you spot enemy, track him with your crosshair and when you have the crosshair on target and just need to pull a headshot or make micro movements press the button and instead of pushing the analog sticks a millimeter for half a second to adjust you can push it as far as it goes for a sec since sens is lower)
soon..

Offline THE-MARAVINGY

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: ApocalypticWesal
« Reply #34 on: 07:11 AM - 01/22/14 »
As AK said it is the same as their PS3 one and you can find the info for that one on an English web site also just checked their FB page and they seem to be showing pictures of the TAC 4 on there same as TAC 3 just a slightly different shape plus a wireless mouse but a wired keypad.

Offline dewoine

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: dewoine
« Reply #35 on: 07:27 AM - 01/22/14 »
its just like my ps3 version hori fight stick . unless you play fighting games its hard to explain what the dial is for . but i really dont use it anymore . another thing is i dont think its Bluetooth . hori has always been about direct link to the console that's why none of the big heavy fight sticks are  wireless . . professional street fighter and snk players are hell bent on using anything thats not corded . mad katz is in the same boat too. but as far as Bluetooth , maybe the technology is different  this time around .

but trust me most professional fighting game players will not use anything wireless (except me because i suck lol A rank oni ftw!)

update... never mind my post this is a fps stick lol sorry

Offline cyb3rmonk3y

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: gurico
  • PSN ID: xboxliveuser
« Reply #36 on: 03:09 PM - 01/22/14 »
I just read all of the screen shots above and checked their home page in Japan (hori.jp) and there is no official listing of it being a licensed device.

However, it has been pointed out by previous posts that most Hori devices are licensed and this is true as I've worked with Hori in the past and I used to be in the industry. Not a 100% answer, but at least there is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

-cyb3rmonk3y

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #37 on: 05:27 PM - 01/22/14 »
I just read all of the screen shots above and checked their home page in Japan (hori.jp) and there is no official listing of it being a licensed device.

However, it has been pointed out by previous posts that most Hori devices are licensed and this is true as I've worked with Hori in the past and I used to be in the industry. Not a 100% answer, but at least there is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

-cyb3rmonk3y

welcome to the community!

thanks for the input it's appreciated. i don't think they need to "brag" about being a licensed device but it probably is ^^
soon..

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 05:52 PM - 01/22/14 »
This is the same ps3 version they already have, i guess is now ps4 compatible. here i s a review of the ps3 version http://www.4gamer.net/games/220/G022054/20131109003/ make sure you use Google chrome to get the auto translate.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #39 on: 06:57 PM - 01/22/14 »
I don't think they need to "brag" about being a licensed device but it probably is ^^

On the PS3 version packaging, It says it's licensed.

I think we can all agree the PS4 version must be too  :)

I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline pepsicosmos

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01:10 AM - 01/23/14 »
Thank you for contacting HORI USA.

In regards, this is not an official product we have announced nor is it a product we currently have planned to release in the future. There may have been a mix up somewhere which resulted in such a product to be placed on Play Asia. 

We apologize for the confusion and ask for your understanding.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 01:26 AM - 01/23/14 »

In regards, this is not an official product we have announced nor is it a product we currently have planned to release in the future. There may have been a mix up somewhere which resulted in such a product to be placed on Play Asia.

Strange, it's on a few websites. Wonder what the mix up could of been to show up on multiple websites :S

I better contact Play-Asia about it, Since they already took my money for the pre-order
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #42 on: 01:45 AM - 01/23/14 »

LOL hilarious.

this stuff happens all the time with products that are going to be released no one knows when, but Hori denying that they don't plan (as of now) to release it in the future is interesting.
soon..

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 03:22 AM - 01/23/14 »
Where is Hori based, Japan? Maybe the USA guys don't know anything yet.

I just found a other Hori product for PS4 (There newer KB/M Adapter)
http://www.topachat.com/pages/detail2_cat_est_gaming_puis_rubrique_est_wg_accps4_puis_ref_est_jx10015009.html
« Last Edit: 03:33 AM - 01/23/14 by He4DHuNt3r »

Offline attila4go

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 03:56 AM - 01/23/14 »