XIM Community

Hori Pad 4 FPS (Wired PS4 Controller)  (Read 121956 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Hori Pad 4 FPS (Wired PS4 Controller)
« Reply #15 on: 05:17 AM - 01/20/14 »
If talk is over the wire this could be great, otherwise could be BT comm, no battery.
Crusade atm: none

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08:52 AM - 01/20/14 »
If talk is over the wire this could be great, otherwise could be BT comm, no battery.

My thoughts, could just be a permanent charger cable
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline hk11

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09:20 AM - 01/20/14 »
I want one of those even if it cant be used just for the offset sticks like the 360

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10:08 AM - 01/20/14 »
Any more pics of the controller?
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline pepsicosmos

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10:47 AM - 01/20/14 »
have a look on the linked Website, there are more pictures

Offline helpmeout

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11:49 AM - 01/20/14 »

My thoughts, could just be a permanent charger cable

I was thinking that also, but it also says it works for PS3... so the wire Does more than just charge... Hmmmmm

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Hori Pad 4 FPS (Wired PS4 Controller)
« Reply #21 on: 11:55 AM - 01/20/14 »
Any more pics of the controller?

Pretty cool right? Sorry for not providing a link in tbe other thread.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12:03 PM - 01/20/14 »
interesting find, but it still could be protected with some sort of firmware or smth. Wasnt there a statement from sony that licensed 3rd party devices will have a custom firmware thing for protection?

I guess sony did all the effort with encryption etc. to stop companies from selling unauthorized/unlicenced devices for their plattform and to prevent hacking the system. I guess after all if it helps to keep hackers out of the online games, its a good thing. And looks like we will have a working KBM device one way or another.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #23 on: 05:27 PM - 01/20/14 »
Nice find. Is it licensed?

Hori made the official Sony licensed mouse adapter for the PS3 (Hori Tactical Assault Commander 3) http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/3312/article/sony-announces-mouse-and-keyboard-controller-for-ps3/

I assume it must be licensed to work on the PS4.

HORI must have licenses with Sony & Microsoft. There packaging has " Officially Licensed for PS3/XBOX"

(Packaging)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71soeexvUaL._SL1200_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=Hori%20PS3

So I think that's a Yes to your question OBsIV :)
« Last Edit: 05:32 PM - 01/20/14 by He4DHuNt3r »
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline PS3_UK

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05:47 PM - 01/20/14 »
Great find... I can't believe that's a Bluetooth controller as the cable is clearly permanently affixed. It'd be very odd to make a Bluetooth controller which doesn't have at least the option of being used wirelessly. The Sony FAQs did say there would be third party USB devices - I think it'd be a bit over-paranoid to worry about this being a Bluetooth device.

Offline Pointeo13

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06:08 PM - 01/20/14 »
I just pre-ordered it so i could test it.

Offline bradmiller705

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07:50 PM - 01/20/14 »
Small chance that it may be a charging cable as some of you stated.  Do a little searching and you can find the controllers that Sony gave out to retailers for use on the ps4 demos in stores. It was a DS4 controller with a fixed wire to it. If you wouldn't know about the data transfer issue you would think it was a regular wired controller.

Offline helpmeout

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04:46 AM - 01/21/14 »
Small chance that it may be a charging cable as some of you stated.  Do a little searching and you can find the controllers that Sony gave out to retailers for use on the ps4 demos in stores. It was a DS4 controller with a fixed wire to it. If you wouldn't know about the data transfer issue you would think it was a regular wired controller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84cS_1afEvQ

Offline THE-MARAVINGY

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: ApocalypticWesal
« Reply #28 on: 05:37 AM - 01/21/14 »
All of the cheap knock offs for PS3 were coming out of China, and i am sure there were some parents who took Sony to court over this due to the controllers getting very hot so hot it was impossible for the little ones to hold them.
Coupled with some injuries due to the batteries exploding inside, a friend of mine had one and we opened it up unlike the official ones we had to break it to get it open and the insides were very dodgy looking the battery was just some home made thing and shrink wrapped unlike the Sony hard sealed batteries.
It was not fixed in place and just bounced around inside there.

Hori do make a lot of licensed products for Sony so i would've thought it is.

Offline JerginsSoft

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07:21 AM - 01/21/14 »
Well I can't read Japanese. .. what's all the extra craps for? The dial and extra button...

Admin