XIM Community

A few questions from a new forum memeber.  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Narzugon

• View Profile
A few questions from a new forum memeber.
« on: 01:21 PM - 01/19/14 »
Hey guys, new user here. I've been lurking for a few weeks and have found the answers to most of the questions I had. But I still have one or two that I haven't found answers to so I decided to register and ask.

I've stumbled upon several similar devices in my searches and this one really caught my interest. I'm curious about two things. 1: Why stop production of the Xim Edge? Sounds like the Xim 4 may be months away. 2: Why is the description page for the Xim Edge the exact same as the Cronus device?

Oh, one more. I'm planning to use this in a living room environment. I have a USB Razor wired mouse and keyboard that I'll be using and a computer chair that I really like that I roll in front of the TV. Any suggestions on a surface to put this stuff on?

If I have the Xim on my playing surface then I'll just have one wire running across the floor to the console. But I'll have a pile of crap on my playing surface (Xim, XB controller-headset wire, Mouse and Keyboard). I don't mind this for having the ability to use my M/KB but has anyone come up with a better arrangement?

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that can't stand console controllers!

Offline coolrunninja

• View Profile
Re: A few questions from a new forum memeber.
« Reply #1 on: 01:36 PM - 01/19/14 »
XIM is the best. Trust me on this one. Had several devices  - I love my XIM3 - wish it was in the beta.

XIM4 is not months away. They are trying for a Q1 release which should be by March. Production for XIM edge has stopped because the support for it will be going away. XIM4 will replace this. Why continue production on a discontinued device?? makes no sense. Look on Ebay if your impatient.

idk about your other questions

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:39 PM - 01/19/14 »
Cronus has copied our product description word for word. Why they did that is a question for them.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #3 on: 01:43 PM - 01/19/14 »
Why is the description page for the Xim Edge the exact same as the Cronus device?

It's the other way around, Cronus Copied/Pasted the description from the XIM Website. It was 1 of the 1st things that was pointed out when we 1st heard about CronusMax.
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
« Reply #4 on: 04:34 PM - 01/19/14 »
Welcome!   Seems all your questions were answered.  As for your setup.  Everyone seems to have something different just get creative.   I honestly can't of think of anything if your planning in using a chair in the middle of the living room besides a fold up tv stand one on each side.  I have done that I have done that myself. I usually just play at my desk though.

I will say like many others here I have spent money trying multiple devices becuase I was never truly happy with them.  They all felt off and then I found XIM. Game over.   
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline Narzugon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:47 PM - 01/19/14 »
XIM4 is not months away. They are trying for a Q1 release which should be by March. Production for XIM edge has stopped because the support for it will be going away. XIM4 will replace this. Why continue production on a discontinued device?? makes no sense. Look on Ebay if your impatient.

I'm not sure when they stopped production of the Xim 3 but it just seems like a few more sales could've been made. Especially over Christmas. I know I would've bought one knowing there was a new model in the hopper. New products have a way of taking more time than estimated from my experience. :)

I checked eBay. I'm not that impatient. Especially the one I seen listed today for what was it, $500?! lol

I'll wait.   Wasn't that a VH song? And a sucky one at that.

It's the other way around, Cronus Copied/Pasted the description from the XIM Website. It was 1 of the 1st things that was pointed out when we 1st heard about CronusMax.

I didn't mean to suggest one copied the other but wow. That's pretty shadey.

Offline hk11

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:40 AM - 01/20/14 »
If the past is an indicator, you want the XIM for sure over the other products available.

Offline flst81

• Go Noles!!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pl3zd0ntsh00tm3
« Reply #7 on: 08:19 PM - 01/20/14 »
Only the Xim team can really tell you why they stopped production of the Edge but, from my point of view, its because Obs is really into support for his product. He could be greedy and sell you something that will be obsolete on the next gen consoles if you're only interested in PS3 and 360. Does that make sense?  After being here for a little while he doesn't seem the type. He'd rather sell you something that will work for everything and give support for it( along with the rest of his team ). Just reading the forums you'll see that he's very involved in what the consumer wants. They might not be able to give everything we demand but, they @#$% sure try. Very few products on the market give the support like Team Xim does after the point of sale. With every new AAA title that comes out people like Mist are on the ball to try and give you an update to make your game work fluidly as soon as possible. You can't beat that. For as long as they make a Xim product I'll always be in line to get one for that reason. I refuse to drop a single penny on an inferior product or copycats. As for your setup, it's all personal preference. The only thing you really need on your surface is a kb/m. Everything else can be off to the side especially once the Xim4 is out. From my understanding you can run multiple wireless devices via Bluetooth if your worried about all the cables.

After all that nonsense I forgot to say welcome to the dark side brother!
Xim 4| Logitech G13 | Logitech G502 | Glorious Extended mouse pad| Razer Vespula | Asus MX279H monitor |  ROCCAT APURI Active USB Hub | XB1

Offline Narzugon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:14 PM - 01/20/14 »
Only the Xim team can really tell you why they stopped production of the Edge but, from my point of view, its because Obs is really into support for his product. He could be greedy and sell you something that will be obsolete on the next gen consoles if you're only interested in PS3 and 360. Does that make sense? 

In hindsight that question was really pointless. I apologize. I should have said "If they still sold the Edge, I would have purchased it while knowing  the Xim 4 was around the corner.". Partly impatience but mainly because I'm not buying an XB1 anytime soon and I don't really need that much space for configs so I'd be set. From what I understand the performance of the 4 won't be any different correct?

After being here for a little while he doesn't seem the type. He'd rather sell you something that will work for everything and give support for it( along with the rest of his team ). Just reading the forums you'll see that he's very involved in what the consumer wants. They might not be able to give everything we demand but, they @#$% sure try. Very few products on the market give the support like Team Xim does after the point of sale. With every new AAA title that comes out people like Mist are on the ball to try and give you an update to make your game work fluidly as soon as possible. You can't beat that.

Agreed and I've noticed those qualities the short amount of time I've been lurking here. It was those qualities as well as the YT vids that set this apart from the rest that I've seen. Reminds me of another hardware guy selling his product on his own (AxeFX).

After all that nonsense I forgot to say welcome to the dark side brother!

Thanks to you and the rest for the welcome. I'm sure most of you guys have a similar story. But I'm to the point of not wanting to sink the cash into upgrading my PC for gaming any longer when the consoles make so much sense economically. But no matter how much I try I cannot play FPS's with a console controller. It's like a bad dream where you know what to do but something is keeping you from executing those instincts. The missing link is KB/M (for me anyway). I'm a pretty decent player and to have my @#$% handed to me over and over is really frustrating. :)  I can't wait for my revenge! I hope I'm not disappointed.

Admin