XIM Community

not being pushy... but has the beta even started  (Read 10545 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: not being pushy... but has the beta even started
« Reply #30 on: 02:34 PM - 01/17/14 »
we are back on PS4 in a couple days (meanwhile we are collaborating with multiple parties on ensuring PS4 success -- including GIMX who already has it running).

PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline xSundown

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 03:00 PM - 01/17/14 »
we are back on PS4 in a couple days (meanwhile we are collaborating with multiple parties on ensuring PS4 success -- including GIMX who already has it running).

Hahahaahahahahahaa
[email protected]| Noctua D15s| Asus Gene Viii| 16gb DDR4 3200mhz G.Skill Trident RAM| Phanteks Evolv mATX| EVGA 750w G2| 1tb Samsung Evo SSD| EVGA GTX 980ti FTW| Dell U3415W

Offline Arqos

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Arq0s
« Reply #32 on: 04:07 PM - 01/17/14 »

Already have initial proto batch of boards and complete end-to-end experience is already running on 2 platforms. And, we are back on PS4 in a couple days (meanwhile we are collaborating with multiple parties on ensuring PS4 success -- including GIMX who already has it running).

Who is being a snail again??

And we dont have a beta yet because ??  Why cant we test at this point if its running well... Killing me !

Patience young padawan

HI Beezles :)

I am trying soooo hard to be patient.. i was hoping the beta would be out before the end of the year and missed that. Now we are 2 weeks into Jan and still nothing. We dont even know which BT Adapter to buy yet and that info was supposed to be out a while ago.

It just hard to sit here and see nada when we know that XIM4E is working and people are using it. I really want to play with my friends on Xbox One its torturing me .. especially with these clan wars going on in COD Ghosts that we cant team up for. :(

* Arqos takes deep breath...

Halp us Obsiv ! =P

Arqos

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
« Reply #33 on: 04:26 PM - 01/17/14 »

I am trying soooo hard to be patient.. i was hoping the beta would be out before the end of the year and missed that. Now we are 2 weeks into Jan and still nothing. We dont even know which BT Adapter to buy yet and that info was supposed to be out a while ago.

It just hard to sit here and see nada when we know that XIM4E is working and people are using it. I really want to play with my friends on Xbox One its torturing me .. especially with these clan wars going on in COD Ghosts that we cant team up for. :(

The Beta was never promised at all.  Having an open beta is a kind gesture on thier part.  Who is  "using it" besides the people closely related to and contributing to the actual XIM4 project?   It was stated earlier this month that "HOPEFULLY" the beta will be released towards the end of January.   The BT issue has not been 100% finalized.
Have some patience man, you do realize they have a job and a real life.  Thier only goal in life is not just to please us.  They are working hard to release a quality product and since it's an OPEN BETA which you should be thankful for they need to be sure that is released well too.  If it was a closed beta there would have been a good chance you didn't even get to participate.  Just chill bro we are all in the same exact boat and want this thing badly.  Getting upset at them is childish though.
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline Arqos

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Arq0s
« Reply #34 on: 04:31 PM - 01/17/14 »

The Beta was never promised at all.  Having an open beta is a kind gesture on thier part.  Who is  "using it" besides the people closely related to and contributing to the actual XIM4 project?   It was stated earlier this month that "HOPEFULLY" the beta will be released towards the end of January.   The BT issue has not been 100% finalized.
Have some patience man, you do realize they have a job and a real life.  Thier only goal in life is not just to please us.  They are working hard to release a quality product and since it's an OPEN BETA which you should be thankful for they need to be sure that is released well too.  If it was a closed beta there would have been a good chance you didn't even get to participate.  Just chill bro we are all in the same exact boat and want this thing badly.  Getting upset at them is childish though.

Im not upset at anyone . Just very eager to start using it.. I will play the hell out of it and definitely contritbute with feedback. I just feel like they are trying maybe just a tad too hard to make it perfect before beta is open. I understand why, dont get me wrong - but it is functional right now and many of us could be enjoying it and helping test it further.

ill go crawl back into my hole now and  hide. ill come back out in a few days to take a peek and see if anything new has been announced. =P

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #35 on: 04:39 PM - 01/17/14 »
It is running great right now -- but, it's for a small set of people. It will be very difficult to support everyone if there is a fundamental issue that we missed. That's what we are really trying to prevent here.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
« Reply #36 on: 04:57 PM - 01/17/14 »
It is running great right now -- but, it's for a small set of people. It will be very difficult to support everyone if there is a fundamental issue that we missed. That's what we are really trying to prevent here.

This is all that needs to be said.  Let them do their work and we'll all benefit from it.  I would rather wait another couple weeks and have a solid beta than something totally unpredictable.  Think how upset you get if you were in the middle of a clan war and it locks up sporadically round after round?  If they can find these nuances before the open beta is released, then that is a good thing IMO.

The biggest problems with beta's is people think everything should work perfectly from the start.  They see it as access to an early release instead of realizing there will most likely be bugs to be worked out and they get pi$$ed if things act up.
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netduma R1
BenQ RL2755HM Monitor
AKG K702's - DSS2 - ModMic 4.0
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G502

Offline d13unholy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04:59 PM - 01/17/14 »
Well Unlike everyone else here lighting the torches... I'll be patiently waiting to buy your product. Better late than never. I know i've got plenty of time to use this bad boy and I don't want a half @#$% pile of crap.

Offline Soulo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06:22 PM - 01/17/14 »

Im not upset at anyone . Just very eager to start using it..

I got ya, sorry dude, just used to the many broken records around here with the same gripe and questions.  Ya know.  I am one impatient SOB, hence why I troll here multiple times a day hoping to get a small tid bit of new information . :P  I am super anxious as well, all we can do is keep reading on what OBs puts out and wait.

The biggest problems with beta's is people think everything should work perfectly from the start.  They see it as access to an early release instead of realizing there will most likely be bugs to be worked out and they get pi$$ed if things act up.

I was thinking this the other day.  How many people are not going to realize this is in fact a "beta"?  There have already been a few in other threads insinuating that they will just use the beta instead of a xim4.  I don't think they realize that is not going to work for long and hence not understanding the term "Beta".   I am glad there is an alpha run for the reason you described up above.

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #39 on: 06:40 PM - 01/17/14 »
What's most amazing to me is that XIM4 is likely going to beat even the first third party controllers to the market and yet people are still complaining.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07:30 PM - 01/17/14 »
Good point.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Soulo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08:20 PM - 01/17/14 »
What's most amazing to me is that XIM4 is likely going to beat even the first third party controllers to the market and yet people are still complaining.
Didn't even think of this...... So true!!!!!!

Offline oOmantisOo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 05:42 AM - 01/18/14 »
I got in love with the fact that theres an app for phones to control the xim4, just thinking of that is  worth waiting!!

Offline PS3_UK

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rambo_Grandad
« Reply #43 on: 10:54 AM - 01/18/14 »
To be fair, there isn't the same time pressure on (say) Scuf to release a PS4 controller because their customers can play fine with the DS4. However, lots of XIM customers can't play with the controller at all. We're completely useless with it.

If the PS4 were released with M/KB support which had 95% of the functionality of XIM4, I don't think people would be complaining as much.
Mouse: R.A.T. 9/ C4 Ngen mousepad
Keyboard: Logitech G13 (modded thumbstick)
Monitor: Eizo FS2333
Sound: You don't want to know

Offline Pogiboy

• No Lube * No KY * No Mercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11:11 AM - 01/18/14 »
To be fair, there isn't the same time pressure on (say) Scuf to release a PS4 controller because their customers can play fine with the DS4. However, lots of XIM customers can't play with the controller at all. We're completely useless with it.

And I am one of that customer. I have my xbox one and ghost still sealed in their box. I refuse to open them until the beta is released.