XIM Community

not being pushy... but has the beta even started  (Read 10537 times)

Offline CameronMC

• View Profile
Re: not being pushy... but has the beta even started
« Reply #15 on: 04:32 AM - 01/17/14 »
hahaha I was trolling, but date would be awesome.. I could time it with the mail service ;) for the needed adapters and hubs so I could be playing ASAP as the BETA drops.

Offline flst81

• Go Noles!!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pl3zd0ntsh00tm3
« Reply #16 on: 09:29 AM - 01/17/14 »
I got a feeling once the beta is released, there will be a minimal amount of bugs to report. Which will lead us to final production and Xim4 Q1 release. I personally don't care how long it takes as long as we get a good product. Based on previous Xim models I'm sure it will be. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have one now but, we all know when you rush something  the end product never comes out as good as it could've been. I'm sure I'll piss some people off by saying this but I don't care: Obs, take your time, do what you do, and give us the great product we al know and love.
Xim 4| Logitech G13 | Logitech G502 | Glorious Extended mouse pad| Razer Vespula | Asus MX279H monitor |  ROCCAT APURI Active USB Hub | XB1

Offline ShortSchoolBus

• U.S. Army -Who dares, wins.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ShortSchulBus
« Reply #17 on: 10:05 AM - 01/17/14 »
ya, well said. Look at X1 and BF4 rush to production.  >:(
Better to wait and get a great product!
XIM4 Xim Edge
Xbox 360 Xbox One
Logitech G710+ Keyboard
Logitech G700s Mouse
Razer Vespula Pad
Astro A40

Offline Manjerico

• I am Jack's smirking revenge
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • PSN ID: Manj3r1c0
« Reply #18 on: 10:45 AM - 01/17/14 »
I'm getting reeeeeeeeeaaally tired of all the "when does the beta comes out/will the Xim 4 have PS4 support" posts. It's getting worse than my spam folder...  ;D

Xbox One: Phew... Phew... Phew...
PS4:BAANG!!
Outcome: Xbox One is down! Call an ambulance!
"Wii U Wii U Wii U..."
XIM Edge;XIM4|Logitech G13;G502;MX518|Turtle Beach DSS2|AKG K702|Antlion Modmic 4.0|Bravo Audio V3|Asus VX279h|

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10:55 AM - 01/17/14 »
This is nothing, we had those types of posts for about a year leading up to the XIM3 launch. :)
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline solly

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Solicitor 501
« Reply #20 on: 11:17 AM - 01/17/14 »
Already have initial proto batch of boards and complete end-to-end experience is already running on 2 platforms. And, we are back on PS4 in a couple days (meanwhile we are collaborating with multiple parties on ensuring PS4 success -- including GIMX who already has it running).

Who is being a snail again??

;D  this is good news. I see some xim fans as having a crisis of high expectations. shift your expectations to "it'll be done when its done" and every bit of news is good news after that.

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11:24 AM - 01/17/14 »
I only started this post as having < 2.5 months to build a product in enough quantity that its available to hundreds of peeps is a stretch of the imagination....IMO... perhaps its not.

I jsut cannot see how it could possibly be done in Q1... thats all im saying. hope I am wrong.
sorry but its time to leave.... goodbye all!

Offline lukemedway_uk

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DJBUCKSH0T
  • PSN ID: DJBUCKSHOT
« Reply #22 on: 11:30 AM - 01/17/14 »
So when's it going to be done?

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
« Reply #23 on: 11:51 AM - 01/17/14 »
This is nothing, we had those types of posts for about a year leading up to the XIM3 launch. :)

Yea I think this time around since there will be a beta it may be less flooded since people will have something to use in the meantime.  Won't be as rough to wait.  I know everyone is working as fast and hard as they can and still have RL jobs and etc.  I think a lot of people tend to forget Team Xim is not some major company with a lot of employees. But the product when it is released will feel like it came from one.   

It's not about taking thier time, regardless a sub par product will not be released and as Obs has said the beta is so big even the beta has to have standards.  Imagine if we were all involved in the "Alpha" stage it would be chaotic. 
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #24 on: 12:13 PM - 01/17/14 »
I only started this post as having < 2.5 months to build a product in enough quantity that its available to hundreds of peeps is a stretch of the imagination....IMO... perhaps its not.

I jsut cannot see how it could possibly be done in Q1... thats all im saying. hope I am wrong.

Pretty sure the hardware is final or close to it at this point. It's not like XIM3 where it needs a screen and things like that, it's more like Edge.

I think your brain is overcomplicating the process of stamping out some circuit boards and chassis and doing some light assembly.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Penitus Oculatus

• [CLASSIFIED]
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Diem
  • PSN ID: D1m3nt1o
« Reply #25 on: 12:22 PM - 01/17/14 »
Said it before. These guys are snails. But they produce quality things so are forgiven
From what I've been hearing from the updates, these guys are going incredibly fast. It seems slow to us, but the progress being made is major. And it's been less than two months.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #26 on: 12:29 PM - 01/17/14 »
Yeah, anyone calling the XIM team snails has abso-flipping-lutely no clue what goes into software and hardware development, especially when the hardware needs to run an embedded OS on which the software has to be able to run.

Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #27 on: 01:14 PM - 01/17/14 »
Already have initial proto batch of boards and complete end-to-end experience is already running on 2 platforms. And, we are back on PS4 in a couple days (meanwhile we are collaborating with multiple parties on ensuring PS4 success -- including GIMX who already has it running).

This is why I love this product so much. The creator/owner of the product actually puts effort and time to address customer concerns/needs.........with a little trash talkin. LOL.
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline Arqos

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Arq0s
« Reply #28 on: 01:52 PM - 01/17/14 »

And we dont have a beta yet because ??  Why cant we test at this point if its running well... Killing me !

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
not being pushy... but has the beta even started
« Reply #29 on: 02:18 PM - 01/17/14 »

And we dont have a beta yet because ??  Why cant we test at this point if its running well... Killing me !

Patience young padawan
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]