XIM Community

Updates on XIM4?  (Read 8386 times)

Offline coolrunninja

• View Profile
Updates on XIM4?
« on: 11:38 AM - 01/14/14 »
OBsiv,

Will you be giving frequent updates on XIM4? I was around for the development of XIM3. You gave pretty great updates about where the process was. It was cool because you included the community in the process.

Some of use dont have the Edge and even though the beta will be awesome to test the new software we are XIM4 focused.

Also I don't need any smart @#$% comments about "it will be ready when its ready" from defensive community members. I understand that it takes time to build a new product, manufacturing, design, testing, implementation etc... Just curious about updates

Thanks

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
Re: Updates on XIM4?
« Reply #1 on: 11:40 AM - 01/14/14 »
Keep an eye on this topic - whenever OBsIV speaks, usually someone will quote him on progress here.  (p.s. the topic posted is not for questions, only an informative topic)
http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=29121.0
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 12:42 PM - 01/14/14 »
There will be a lot of information flying around once the beta starts. I know everyone is anxious about it. mist already has a build and has reported a lot of good bugs. Orbital is working through a couple BT connection issues with the phone. Once he is done I'll pass another build to mist (likely tonight, maybe tomorrow). Based on his feedback, I'll then forward to the Alpha testers.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline r1tonyt

• XboxLive Troll Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:53 PM - 01/14/14 »
Are these alpha testers the guys who whore the boards... or real men who battle it out every night online fighting thugs, gingers and og's and slaughter them with my xim edge?

I'd like to know where to sign up.. so my One can stop collecting dust.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #4 on: 03:03 PM - 01/14/14 »
There's no signing up for the alpha. The alpha is going to be people very close to the XIM team and XIM development, not the general masses.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Online Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:17 PM - 01/14/14 »
good, this needs to be solved as soon as possible so we can lock Orbital into the PS4 Compatibility chamber again, with his only option to escape is succeed ;) ;)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:52 PM - 01/14/14 »
good, this needs to be solved as soon as possible so we can lock Orbital into the PS4 Compatibility chamber again, with his only option to escape is succeed ;) ;)

or die trying.
Xbox One / PC

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Updates on XIM4?
« Reply #7 on: 04:08 PM - 01/14/14 »

or die trying.

Hell yeah that is all I am looking forward to. I will not get an XB1 just to xim with it.

Offline Penitus Oculatus

• [CLASSIFIED]
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Diem
  • PSN ID: D1m3nt1o
« Reply #8 on: 04:20 PM - 01/14/14 »
PS4 Compatibility Chamber... That's an intriguing idea.

Offline coolrunninja

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:01 PM - 01/14/14 »
There will be a lot of information flying around once the beta starts. I know everyone is anxious about it. mist already has a build and has reported a lot of good bugs. Orbital is working through a couple BT connection issues with the phone. Once he is done I'll pass another build to mist (likely tonight, maybe tomorrow). Based on his feedback, I'll then forward to the Alpha testers.

Hell yeah! mission accomplished. All we had to do was ask. Thanks for the update OBsiv - appreciate it.

Offline manaus

• I am not creative enough...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:42 PM - 01/14/14 »
Any news about the BT adapter, I mean, can I buy any adapter at this moment?

The last news I read about it was "Its going to be BT4 unless Orbital tells me otherwise (...)"

I am asking this because I would like to have it already when Beta arrives (there are a lot of adapter out there). Or will I be able to beta without BT adapter?

Thank you

« Last Edit: 06:47 PM - 01/14/14 by manaus »
Previous owner of:
- XimEdge;
- Xim 4; and now
- Xim Apex

Console: Xbox One
Display: Gateway 21,5" widescreen (FHX2153L) (Very old, but it works)
KB: Arctosa Razer
Mice: Logitech G203

Be happy!

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08:02 PM - 01/14/14 »
Pretty sure there will be a very obvious and clear announcement when OBsIV is ready to list supported USB BT adapters. People asking about it three times a day isn't going to make it happen any faster.
Xbox One / PC

Offline The Pfhor

• MVP
  • "The Master of Unlocking."
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Pfhor
  • PSN ID: ThePfhor
« Reply #12 on: 08:13 PM - 01/14/14 »
Pretty sure there will be a very obvious and clear announcement when OBsIV is ready to list supported USB BT adapters. People asking about it three times a day isn't going to make it happen any faster.

^^This.
USN: OSC (SW/AW/IW)
PSN:     ThePfhor
Steam:  The Pfhor
Xbox:    The Pfhor

Offline PapaD

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:00 AM - 01/15/14 »
Any info on whether the Beta is going to be available for the PS4 as well??

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03:44 AM - 01/15/14 »
I'm selling my Xbox One as I am sick of it and I am hoping the PS4 will be supported. From now on it will be PC and PS4 only.
Be humble

Admin