XIM Community

Updates on XIM4?  (Read 6979 times)

Offline Zenigame96

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shiny Zeni
  • PSN ID: Zenigame96
Re: Updates on XIM4?
« Reply #30 on: 12:52 PM - 01/16/14 »
Again, I'd say the likelihood of a retail unit without PS4 support, unless PS4 support amazingly proves to be impossible, is slim to none.

The product has to be developed to be fully-featured for the people who never bother to download an update, which is probably a surprisingly large set of users. Thus, a firmware update to add PS4 support probably isn't in the cards, barring the possibility of the PS4 being unsupportable.

I would agree with this except that there's nothing stopping them from pre-loading newer firmware onto existing devices once the support would be added. People who would have previously not purchased the device because of no PS4 support would then purchase it as the functionality would be "baked in".

Though my personal opinion is that PS4 support will be solved prior to what would be a release of the XIM4 anyway, without causing any sort of delays. OBsIV and his team are pretty genius. I have complete faith in their ability to figure out a way to provide a top notch experience for their PS4 users just as much as XBONE/360/PS3 users. Now we just need Wii U support.... ;) I'd love to pub stomp CoD players on Wii U haha.

Offline Zenigame96

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shiny Zeni
  • PSN ID: Zenigame96
« Reply #31 on: 01:27 PM - 01/16/14 »
I would agree with this except that there's nothing stopping them from pre-loading newer firmware onto the new devices being manufactured and shipped once the support is added.

My apologies, I'm running on small amounts of sleep and am very tired from moving yesterday haha. Also I would have edited my original post but I can't seem to see an edit button...also could be because of previously mentioned lack of sleep/exhaustion.

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Updates on XIM4?
« Reply #32 on: 05:06 PM - 01/16/14 »
Again, I'd say the likelihood of a retail unit without PS4 support, unless PS4 support amazingly proves to be impossible, is slim to none.

The product has to be developed to be fully-featured for the people who never bother to download an update, which is probably a surprisingly large set of users. Thus, a firmware update to add PS4 support probably isn't in the cards, barring the possibility of the PS4 being unsupportable.

I would agree with this except that there's nothing stopping them from pre-loading newer firmware onto existing devices once the support would be added. People who would have previously not purchased the device because of no PS4 support would then purchase it as the functionality would be "baked in".

Though my personal opinion is that PS4 support will be solved prior to what would be a release of the XIM4 anyway, without causing any sort of delays. OBsIV and his team are pretty genius. I have complete faith in their ability to figure out a way to provide a top notch experience for their PS4 users just as much as XBONE/360/PS3 users. Now we just need Wii U support.... ;) I'd love to pub stomp CoD players on Wii U haha.

Heck yeah! Thumbs up!

Offline oOmantisOo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03:42 AM - 01/18/14 »
I'm selling my Xbox One as I am sick of it and I am hoping the PS4 will be supported. From now on it will be PC and PS4 only.

RESPECT!!!!

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Updates on XIM4?
« Reply #34 on: 03:24 PM - 01/18/14 »
I'm selling my Xbox One as I am sick of it and I am hoping the PS4 will be supported. From now on it will be PC and PS4 only.

RESPECT!!!!

Hell yes PS4 all the way man.

Offline coolrunninja

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10:09 PM - 01/22/14 »
OBsiv,

Its been a few days. Any more updates to share? Thanks in advance