• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
Re: Updates on XIM4?
« Reply #15 on: 05:32 AM - 01/15/14 »
I'm selling my Xbox One as I am sick of it and I am hoping the PS4 will be supported. From now on it will be PC and PS4 only.

irrelevant
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
  • Karma [>] 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06:19 AM - 01/15/14 »
When Will we hear something about the actual xim4 device itself, nit just the software and Bluetooth stuff?
I am Spartacus!

Offline PapaD

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03:55 AM - 01/16/14 »
Any info on whether the Beta is going to be available for the PS4 as well?? Anyone?

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
« Reply #18 on: 06:05 AM - 01/16/14 »
Any info on whether the Beta is going to be available for the PS4 as well?? Anyone?

As of right now there has been no word on status of the PS4.  It will not be part of the initial beta for sure.  This link will give you all the progress and latest updates. 

http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=29121.0
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netduma R1
BenQ RL2755HM Monitor
AKG K702's - DSS2 - ModMic 4.0
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G502

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #19 on: 10:16 AM - 01/16/14 »
Just an update. XIM4E binaries have gone through mist and are now being passed on to the Alpha Testers. They will do the next pass of testing.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10:29 AM - 01/16/14 »
Just an update. XIM4E binaries have gone through mist and are now being passed on to the Alpha Testers. They will do the next pass of testing.

Any update yet on the actual XIM4 hardware being finalized?

XIM3 took ages to release because of the hardware, so while software status updates are great, hardware status updates would be even better.

Thanks!

Keep up the good work.
I am Spartacus!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #21 on: 10:31 AM - 01/16/14 »
We already have our first small run of the boards.

We are switching BT modules on the board though and also going to mico-USB.

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10:33 AM - 01/16/14 »
We already have our first small run of the boards.

We are switching BT modules on the board though and also going to mico-USB.

Awesome. So does that mean that the hardware has been finalized? I guess I'm not too familiar with the process. I remember with the XIM3 it took forever to get the units actual casing done.
I am Spartacus!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10:52 AM - 01/16/14 »
I remember that being due to sourcing the screen and the protective film for the screen. XIM4 shouldn't have those hangups.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11:11 AM - 01/16/14 »
I remember that being due to sourcing the screen and the protective film for the screen. XIM4 shouldn't have those hangups.

Hopefully.

We'll see how long it takes I guess for actual XIM4 devices to be available for purchase. My XBOX ONE is just a $500 netflix player atm.
I am Spartacus!

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
« Reply #25 on: 11:22 AM - 01/16/14 »
Thank god.  I remember those times were torture it was like right there done just waiting lol. But when I got mine I was ecstatic with end result so it was totally worth the wait.  Excited for this project. 
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline Zenigame96

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shiny Zeni
  • PSN ID: Zenigame96
« Reply #26 on: 11:46 AM - 01/16/14 »

OB I seem to remember you saying Alpha Testers would have the build for about a week assuming nothing went wrong, and then there being general availability. I am NOT asking for a definitive availability date, just wondering if I'm remember incorrectly or if I should cross my fingers that the internet in my new house is set up by next weekend haha.

To be honest I expect there to be more bugs and stuff that the Alpha testers find so I'm kinda planning on XIM4E Beta being available somewhere around the end of January/Early February.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #27 on: 12:03 PM - 01/16/14 »
Let's wait and see what the Alpha Testers come up with.

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12:15 PM - 01/16/14 »

OB I seem to remember you saying Alpha Testers would have the build for about a week assuming nothing went wrong, and then there being general availability. I am NOT asking for a definitive availability date, just wondering if I'm remember incorrectly or if I should cross my fingers that the internet in my new house is set up by next weekend haha.

To be honest I expect there to be more bugs and stuff that the Alpha testers find so I'm kinda planning on XIM4E Beta being available somewhere around the end of January/Early February.

I also am pretty confused by what the actual game plan is.

I orginally thought that there would be an alpha test with Mist of the firmware, then RC Testers would get the XIM4 software on their edge to help improve the XIM4 experience - pretty close to the RC Testers getting the edge, XIM4 unit production would start and ship not too long after with the improvements made from RC testers and Alpha testers.

I just hope OBsIV isn't planning on leaving XIM4 in limbo while trying to achieve PS4 support - I'd think a firmware update would be enough to add PS4 support once it's figured out.

I am Spartacus!

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #29 on: 12:27 PM - 01/16/14 »
Again, I'd say the likelihood of a retail unit without PS4 support, unless PS4 support amazingly proves to be impossible, is slim to none.

The product has to be developed to be fully-featured for the people who never bother to download an update, which is probably a surprisingly large set of users. Thus, a firmware update to add PS4 support probably isn't in the cards, barring the possibility of the PS4 being unsupportable.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic