XIM Community

Planned Support List  (Read 528234 times)

Offline AluSeph

• View Profile
Re: Planned Support List
« Reply #1620 on: 11:39 PM - 02/27/20 »
Please provide support for ps4 version of Hunt Showdown. Thank you!!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: 10:11 AM - 02/28/20 »
AluSeph, Venoman

This was answered a couple of times before your posts.

It's on the list.This is in queue but unfortunately we're not able to give ETAs. The ETA is a moving target that can change based on multiple factors. There will be an announcement here in game support and on our twitter @TeamXIM when support becomes available.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: 12:20 PM - 02/28/20 »
Hey Mist, I know you said Doom 1&2 classic won't be supported but can you take a look at Doom 3 BFG? It's on the list of STs but only for last gen. The current gen version has a different aim mechanic. The aim mechanic is good and the kind that shows of the greatness of Xim so it would be unfortunate to not have Doom 3 BFG supported.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline jujupaster

• View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: 08:35 AM - 02/29/20 »
When release new st for Apex Legends? Thanks

Offline lev33

• View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: 11:29 AM - 02/29/20 »
Wait Apex Legends Xbox is getting another ST, too right? Not just ps4?

Offline lev33

• View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: 01:40 PM - 02/29/20 »
Hey Mist, have you decided whether Doom 1&2 Classic is a definite skip? I've been sitting on them hoping to get a final word. BTW, they're $1.50 each on Xbox store right now.

Sorry, this isn't a priority at this time.

I'm currently working on Zombie Army 4, Apex Legends-P4, Warface, and still waiting to receive Hunt-P4. Next week I'll also have Cuisine Royal.

Mist can you please check Tetsurobash’s reply in this thread regarding Apex Legends XBOX: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=85109.msg801572#msg801572

It is regarding the advanced settings, specifically extra pitch and yaw.

Offline Tetsurobash

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Apollo-ZuEs-LeTo
« Reply #1626 on: 02:01 PM - 02/29/20 »
Mist please watch my video and test yourself when training the Apex ST... advanced look controls is a must. Extra pitch and yaw kills close quarters combat makes aiming feel horrible. Please have a look at ALC.

This has feature adds tremendous amounts of deceleration around the enemy it's not a feature of aim assist.

Training without extra pitch and yaw will give a far cleaner xim experience in game IMO. I'm actually begging that you train with ALC. We are smart enough as a community to get the information game settings correct. Please make it happen... I will buy you a beer!

« Last Edit: 02:15 PM - 02/29/20 by Tetsurobash »

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
« Reply #1627 on: 02:37 PM - 02/29/20 »
One thing i will say now to the masses regardless of what this ST is being trained on etc

Is DONT delete your current ST.

Keep it just in case u prefer the old one etc as you be able to get it back.

Offline Maria

• MVP
  • He / Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: 09:44 PM - 02/29/20 »
One thing i will say now to the masses regardless of what this ST is being trained on etc

Is DONT delete your current ST.

Keep it just in case u prefer the old one etc as you be able to get it back.

Yeah definitely. I myself am fine with the current st, but I'm really excited to try this new update.

Offline Djurik

• ”°º×Extreme_Gamerz׺°”
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: 01:04 AM - 03/02/20 »
Hi Guys,
can more config pages be added in Xim Apex? Like for Apex Legends there is sometime not enough settings due to this game have many various gameplay options. Or at least 2-3 activation key option, now only deactivation key have 4 option, some similar actions can be done with a same settings, but different activation button. Like for me currently short of Nades selection with a mouse move in selection wheel, which actually can be linked together with Ping and Heals, but currently it has a separate settings page. Not a critical item, but more convenient.
(\__/)   ╔═.♥.═════════════════════╗
(>’.’<)    Ⓢⓒⓡⓐⓣⓒⓗ ⓘⓢ ⓐⓦⓔⓢⓞⓜⓔ
(“)_(”)  ╚═════════════════════.♥.═╝

- My Apex Legends XIM setting for PC (closest feel)
XIM Settings Discord - https://discord.gg/rZAHr9BJw7

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: 10:48 AM - 03/02/20 »
APEX Legends look mechanic size changed by 1 digit. Aside from this the retrain is identical on X1 so I'll be updating the existing ST to account for the 1 digit difference in size. On PS4, because it uses a smaller stick resolution this change is more impactful and broke existing support so it has been retrained.

Tetsurobash, there will always be a side that wants support to be tailored to more aim assist and less aim assist. It's hard to please both sides. I'd like to avoid using the game's advanced setting sliders unless there is a meaningful difference in performance and there just isn't when comparing the look mechanic results. The Extra Turning settings that you've mentioned wouldn't affect the results of the ST because they activate when the stick is fully pegged. This is similar to the difference in how aim assist feels with in-game sensitivity at 8 vs 7. The ST results are the same but aim assist feels noticeably different. Come to think of it, the extra turning setting is probably different between 8 and 7. With all of this said, I don't see a reason why these advanced settings can't be used with current support. Off the top of my head the only setting that you shouldn't change in the advanced settings is deadzone which needs to match the size used by the ST which is default. Some may ask for a lower deadzone because "it's better" but please understand that lower is not always better when adapting an analog stick to be used with a mouse. I've found that lowering the deadzone normally just changes the scale of the look mechanic, same look mechanic size and behavior but it starts at a different value on the stick. The value is inconsequential when using a mouse but can matter when using an analog stick because it activates at a different place on the stick. There are other times when a game will remove or add granularity to it's micro movement when the deadzone size is changed. This is can be helpful if a game doesn't offer enough granularity with the default value, raising or lowering it can improve micro movement. In AL, lowering the deadzone value removes granularity which is not what we want when using a mouse. We want precision and the default value offers enough so that's what current support uses.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: 11:04 AM - 03/02/20 »
Awesome work mist, looking forward to it! :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: 11:37 AM - 03/02/20 »
Thanks for writing all that up mist!

The only thing I'm wondering about is would a st trained on a lower deadzone feel the same as the current ST does when it comes to responsiveness.
Initial mouse movements feel so responsive with a lower deadzone atm, but I've wondered if it is just an effect that happens when the ST doesn't match the deadzone or would it be kept at the cost of some granularity.

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Verone-
« Reply #1633 on: 11:46 AM - 03/02/20 »
Thanks for the explanation.
I've always felt lowering the deadline feels more responsive.
From what I've read it would come with some loss of precision

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
« Reply #1634 on: 11:54 AM - 03/02/20 »
If u like the feeling of a lower deadzone than the ST was trained for then just add a little boost instead. It has the same effect.