XIM Community

question about dpi in relation to the xim  (Read 551 times)

Offline dbrown

• View Profile
question about dpi in relation to the xim
« on: 08:08 PM - 01/11/14 »
I know that the standard answer to the question of what dpi to use is "the highest available", but I'm unclear as to why so much dpi is needed for the xim.  Also, how much dpi is really necessary or is there more of a threshold level you want to stay above.  So far I've used a small army of mice with the xim, and can't say i've really had any tracking issues, but the lowest dpi mouse i've tried is a zowie fk set to 2300ish ( I can't recall exact top dpi on it).  I mainly ask the question to see if its advisable to run mice at the native dpi even if its a bit lower or max  it out for the xim. 

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: question about dpi in relation to the xim
« Reply #1 on: 10:11 PM - 01/11/14 »
I'd always run at your mouse native DPI so it doesn't interpolate results. As for XIM, you really should just run at what feels best to you. People like higher-DPI because it means more granular movement/finer-aim, but again, its what feels right is what matters.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline dbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:42 PM - 01/12/14 »
I've never been able to notice a difference in the 2k to 6k DPI range. Anyone able to tell any differences in that DPI range?

Offline combo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:52 PM - 01/12/14 »
My G500 laser has just died on me so I've gone back to my old mx518 for the first time on xim3, after adjusting the sensitivity it doesn't feel any different tbh, also my Bro uses an old 400dpi Microsoft mouse on xim2 and does really well with bit and has no probs.  I wouldn't worry.

Admin