XIM Community

XBox One headset audio details  (Read 9225 times)

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XBox One headset audio details
« Reply #30 on: 04:59 PM - 01/10/14 »
Interesting.  Even the TB XO Seven's state they will be wireless to the console (only requires a cable from the controller), but they claim they'll have surround sound.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-headsets/ear-force-xo-seven/389

Premium Xbox One Surround Sound Gaming Headset

The Ear Force XO SEVEN is the ultimate audio companion for the Xbox One®, built with tournament grade durability and superior quality audio components. Experience everything Xbox One® has to offer in stunning surround sound to get the most from your games, music, TV shows and movies.

Why you need it:

•Wireless to the Xbox One™ Console
•Full Chat Functionality on Xbox One™
•Game and Chat Volume Mix Controls
•Swappable Speaker Plates
•Premium 50mm Neodymium Speaker Drivers
•Noise-Isolating Memory Foam Ear Cushions
•Mobile device compatibility*

Overview

Specifications

System Requirements

Xbox One® Audio Connection: 3.5mm Via Xbox One® Audio Adapter

I apologize for doubting the validity of your information.

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XBox One headset audio details
« Reply #31 on: 08:37 PM - 01/10/14 »
I read that too and was wondering what trickery they are doing here. Maybe a wireless connect puck like they used on the 360 controller?

I think its pretty stupid they you still need to plug your headset into the controller to get chat. PS4 is doing this with no problems. Also its obvious the tech is there as Tritton did this with their Warheads on the 360...
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Admin