XIM Community

Differences between Edge/XIM3 hardware that allow beta test on edge?  (Read 1568 times)

Offline KJabs

• View Profile
    • COD Problems - Coming soon!
  • Gamertag: KJabs
I thought the XIM3 was pretty good hardware, and I really liked having a screen.  I'm not sure if the edge was available when I bought my XIM3 or not, or if it was just around the corner maybe, but I remember liking the option of the screen.

In any case, what makes the edge so much better that it can run the next-gen firmware?

Will the edge owners get a firmware flash (paid/free/whatever) or will they have to buy a new device also?

What makes the XIM4 better than the edge (aside from smartphone control and more config saves)?

If the edge owners can get a final XIM4 firmware flash, I'd consider buying an edge now, beta testing, and just flashing final firmware when it's ready.
- KJabs
-Xbox Series X (at MSRP from Best Buy!) using Xbox One Controller and XIM4
-Xbox One Day One Edition (Retired) and XIM4
-Xbox 360 with XIM3 (Retired)
-------------
-XIM4: $125
-XIM3: $150
-Improved COD K/D: PRICELESS.
-------------
Current New as of 2021-09:
Razer Tartarus V2
New Razer or Logitech Mouse TBD
Retired as of 2021-09:
Belkin Nostromo n52
Logitech G9x

Offline AusRED5

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AusRED5
  • PSN ID: AusRED5
I thought the XIM3 was pretty good hardware, and I really liked having a screen.  I'm not sure if the edge was available when I bought my XIM3 or not, or if it was just around the corner maybe, but I remember liking the option of the screen.

In any case, what makes the edge so much better that it can run the next-gen firmware?
Quote from: OBsIV
XIM3, actually, uses a completely different processor than Edge. XIM4 uses a similar processor than Edge which is why we are talking about a beta for it. And, yes, Od1n is right, XIM Edge has 2X more flash memory than XIM3, which the XIM4 beta needs for all the new features.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XIM has always been a device in which its features are influenced and shaped by our very large and active community. Because we greatly value that feedback, we will be opening the XIM4 Beta to all existing XIM Edge users. All major features will be available, but, the number of Configs that can be stored will be lower due to limitations of XIM Edge.
Will the edge owners get a firmware flash (paid/free/whatever) or will they have to buy a new device also?

What makes the XIM4 better than the edge (aside from smartphone control and more config saves)?

If the edge owners can get a final XIM4 firmware flash, I'd consider buying an edge now, beta testing, and just flashing final firmware when it's ready.
You'll get a firmware update, but the Edge will be limited in what it can store...

I'd just wait it out. XIM4 isn't far off from release. :)
XIM4 - G502 - Razer Blackwidow

XBOX ONE
PS4 Pro

Offline aceofclubs

• View Profile
since you have a XIM3 pick up a cronusMax, and run your XIM3 on your x1 until xim4 comes out.  the BF4 profile for the 360 works well.  Your hardware setup will look exactly like your 360 setup.  The setup works very well, only issue being voice coms, and you will be using the XIM3 that you are use to.

This is the setup I am using, but as soon as XIM4 I will defiantly upgrade, the voice com work around is a little cumbersome, requiring either using the Kinect mic or a second controller/guest profile.

Offline KJabs

• View Profile
    • COD Problems - Coming soon!
  • Gamertag: KJabs
Thanks for all the info =)
I guess I'll just wait.

cronusMax looks cool, but I'm not about to shell out $60 when the XIM4 really isn't that far off.
- KJabs
-Xbox Series X (at MSRP from Best Buy!) using Xbox One Controller and XIM4
-Xbox One Day One Edition (Retired) and XIM4
-Xbox 360 with XIM3 (Retired)
-------------
-XIM4: $125
-XIM3: $150
-Improved COD K/D: PRICELESS.
-------------
Current New as of 2021-09:
Razer Tartarus V2
New Razer or Logitech Mouse TBD