XIM Community

headphone/mic hookup for XIM4  (Read 4067 times)

Offline CyJobes

• View Profile
headphone/mic hookup for XIM4
« on: 03:44 PM - 01/07/14 »
I searched for this, but maybe I used the wrong terms.

The new headphones will be coming out soon for X1. I would like to buy one, but feel I need to have a better handle on how the XIM4 will connect game chat through headphones.

Right now I use the Kinnect to chat, so it forces us in a private chat. This sucks because we want to be in game chat to talk with others not in our party.

So what are the plans for headphone/mic hookup for XIM4?

Thanks

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: headphone/mic hookup for XIM4
« Reply #1 on: 05:53 PM - 01/07/14 »
You will always hear from OBsIV "passthrough design"...this design allows for you to use your console controller just like the xim wasnt even there. So you will use your headset the same way you will be using it if you were not using a XIM.  8)

Offline CyJobes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:13 AM - 01/08/14 »
Thanks for the quick reply.

I guess I get confused about that because the controller will turn itself off after not being used within a certain time. Is the XIM4 still going to be connected to the wireless controller? If that were the case, and the controller still believes it is active, then I can understand that.

I just bought a CronusMax that I simply use to pass the XIM3 through. This completely bypasses the controller once hooked up, fooling the system into thinking that the controller is legit. Is this not similar to what the XIM4 is doing, or are you saying the XIM4 will be connected through (wired to) the controller in keeping it active?

Thanks.

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:20 AM - 01/08/14 »
Thanks for the quick reply.

I guess I get confused about that because the controller will turn itself off after not being used within a certain time. Is the XIM4 still going to be connected to the wireless controller? If that were the case, and the controller still believes it is active, then I can understand that.

I just bought a CronusMax that I simply use to pass the XIM3 through. This completely bypasses the controller once hooked up, fooling the system into thinking that the controller is legit. Is this not similar to what the XIM4 is doing, or are you saying the XIM4 will be connected through (wired to) the controller in keeping it active?

Thanks.

Yes the XIM requires to have a controller connected at all times, as far as I know on the XIM4 for now it has to be a wired (USB) connection like it was on prior XIM models. I am sure if it changes we will hear about in a couple of weeks from OBsIV.

Admin