XIM Community

What 3d glasses question  (Read 693 times)

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
What 3d glasses question
« on: 05:19 PM - 01/04/14 »
(http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-Performance-XL2720T-27-Inch-LED-Lit/dp/B00BV9AOL4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388876712&sr=8-1&keywords=BenQ+High+Performance+Gaming+XL2720T+27-Inch)

So I am getting a BENQ-XL240TX ^^ and I have no idea if any 3d glasses work with any 3d tv? If I get the nvidia 3d glasses do they work with the ps3/ps4 3d?

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Re: What 3d glasses question
« Reply #1 on: 05:36 PM - 01/04/14 »
dude care, not all glasses work on all TVs/monitors. it doesn't matter if you are using a PC, console or wtvr as the content provider. the only issue is tv/monitor and glasses compatibility.

1- there are 2 types of 3D tech, passive and active.

2- passive glasses are all the same really (well almost, any work at least) while active vary deeply from brand to brand. it's not the lens tech that will be largely different but rather the wireless tech that allows them to talk to the screens..

for instance only Samsung glasses work on some samsung tvs. same for Sony. but there are "universal" glasses that work on any brand. like there are these infrared one's from a 3rd party that work on several brands but not on samsungs that use bluetooth glasses. and more examples exist. i think you get the picture..
soon..

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Zombie_Be_Gone
« Reply #2 on: 05:48 PM - 01/04/14 »
I have this monitor and the 3d glasses. I used it on the PS3 with GT5 and it worked. It worked very well.

Its aweful with BF3.  3d tech works well when the developer knows what they are doing.

I know it didn't help you much with what I had to say other than it will be a novelty.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #3 on: 05:57 PM - 01/04/14 »
I have this monitor and the 3d glasses. I used it on the PS3 with GT5 and it worked. It worked very well.

Its aweful with BF3.  3d tech works well when the developer knows what they are doing.

I know it didn't help you much with what I had to say other than it will be a novelty.
+1. and care with framerate issues. i tried Killzone3 with 3D and while the effects are actually very nice since GGstudio worked a lot to showcase the tech for Sony's push it also means cutting frame rate in half and that is REALLY bad for a FPS
soon..

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:23 PM - 01/04/14 »
aks thank you for that input. I do not expect the 3d from the console to be as impressive as the computer. I am just trying to figure out how to play zombies in 3d on the console and how to play my computer games in 3d.
For anyone interested I will post my findings back later. thank you

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:03 PM - 01/04/14 »
OK
So  the Nvidia is active 3d and obviously need the active package with transmitter.
For the playstation it is passive 3d.
Does this mean I need two separate glasses, one for the console and one for the PC?
If so, for the console, I should get the benq 3d glasses they offer?

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #6 on: 09:36 PM - 01/04/14 »
dude what? no no!

it doesn't matter what tech is on your PC or your console, it matters if your monitor will work with passive or active 3D! monitor/tv is the key!

protip: monitors are almost always active. nvidia is always active i think, which might explain the monitor detail.
soon..

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #7 on: 09:41 PM - 01/04/14 »
took a look at your link, buy active glasses that are nvidia compatible if that's your GPU.

as far as i know there is still no tv/monitor capable of having both passive and active 3D tech so if yours uses active, it only uses that.

nvidia has it's own glasses that they sell mainly to laptop owners but i'd advise you to buy benq's or do some research online. overclockers and notebookreview are great forums for you to present all your questions too.
soon..