XIM Community

XIM4 design ? What I think would be cool .  (Read 6256 times)

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Re: XIM4 design ? What I think would be cool .
« Reply #15 on: 02:41 PM - 01/03/14 »
I hand carve tobacco pipes... skill level is decent.

i need to remember this. one day i might have a request for those crafty rabbit hands.
soon..

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02:41 PM - 01/03/14 »
I need more practice.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02:49 PM - 01/03/14 »
I will have 3d printer in 2 months (hopefully). I have already decided to do a custom case for xim4 if the regular one does not please my eyes ;)

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #18 on: 03:30 PM - 01/03/14 »
Adamantium, silly....
If they make it out of adamantium the Bluetooth signal won't be able to penetrate into or out of the XIM you retard
 8)

Then vibranium it is! 

Off to Wakanda I go to find my good friend T'Challa and see what kind of deal he can swing me and my peeps.....

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline SkyActual

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SkyActual
  • PSN ID: DOES NOT APPLY.
« Reply #19 on: 03:42 PM - 01/03/14 »
LIES D:!

Offline Leftfieldgenecide

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PhenoType1
« Reply #20 on: 03:55 PM - 01/03/14 »
I will have 3d printer in 2 months (hopefully). I have already decided to do a custom case for xim4 if the regular one does not please my eyes ;)

Lol W11cE, only you would do this, but I bet it would be done right and look great.

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05:09 PM - 01/03/14 »
Lol W11cE, only you would do this, but I bet it would be done right and look great.

Not sure. I have been told multiple times i should stick with mechanical engineering and not try industrial designing. My boss says those creations are horrible. I dunno, i thought it looked pretty good...

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #22 on: 07:24 PM - 01/03/14 »
LOL care to share W11cE?

industrial design is hard as crap. and opposed to the exact sciences behind mechanical/electronic eng. anything involving design will mean subjectivity and therefore being hard as crap to get right..

i think your boss gave you sound advice unless you really plan and changing majors or something.
soon..

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Re: XIM4 design ? What I think would be cool .
« Reply #23 on: 11:41 AM - 01/04/14 »
LOL care to share W11cE?

industrial design is hard as crap. and opposed to the exact sciences behind mechanical/electronic eng. anything involving design will mean subjectivity and therefore being hard as crap to get right..

i think your boss gave you sound advice unless you really plan and changing majors or something.

Every engineering discipline has a design aspect. Whether it is Aerospace or Industrial. What makes a good design is if it meets the client's criteria for the design. It is as simple as that.

Now the process itself specifically speaking maybe much more difficult depending on exactly what it is that you are designing. Designing a Hubble Telescope is probably a bit more challenging than a paper plane for example. However, I will re-emphasize that design is part every discipline there is.

The general approach for it is also the same. The steps that are taken are the same also in almost every field.

I am not sure what you are referring to Industrial design but to be general industrial design and manufacturing is very similar to Mechanical engineering design and manufacturing. Both processes use CAD/CAM (Computer aided design, Computer aided Manufacturing).

Infact in college it is a general understanding that if you want to get an easy Engineering degree you go for industrial engineering because it heavily focuses on the process rather than specifics. I can go into more detail but this should suffice for now.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #24 on: 03:13 PM - 01/04/14 »
hubble telescope is not something that needs to be pretty, just functional. i'm aware that industrial design is not known for it's aesthetics and you'd be right to say i'm not all too familiar with it but i'd think that at wtvr W11cE would do he would need to cater to aesthetics which was what i was considering hard. if you say that's not the case then i guess you're right that the level of hardship is the same
soon..

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03:38 PM - 01/04/14 »
hubble telescope is not something that needs to be pretty, just functional. i'm aware that industrial design is not known for it's aesthetics and you'd be right to say i'm not all too familiar with it but i'd think that at wtvr W11cE would do he would need to cater to aesthetics which was what i was considering hard. if you say that's not the case then i guess you're right that the level of hardship is the same

Who defnes aesthetics? You? Me? Aesthetics is purely subjective. One may think something is beautiful and another may not. W11Ce would need feedback for what he is designing to determine how he would want to design it to make it aesthetic based purely on the users he will try to cater to.

Hardship means struggle as in lack of finances or lack of food. I think you meant level of difficulty.

I still think designing aesthetics is probably a miniscule challenge compared to designing aesthetics. The level of complexity that goes into designing something mechanically and technologically complex is far higher than just making it look pretty. Making something look better is a lot more artistic than engineering.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #26 on: 04:10 PM - 01/04/14 »
of course it's a subjective thing "beauty is in the eye of the beholder and not the object of the judgement" ^^

D'OH, i meant difficulty. completely missed that different connotation, my bad! ty, really helps when people teach me these things as they are very easy to forget.

that was kinda my point, engineering is an exact science byproduct, while art is subjective and a lot harder to get right precisely because of our 1st paragraphs
soon..

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04:18 PM - 01/04/14 »
of course it's a subjective thing "beauty is in the eye of the beholder and not the object of the judgement" ^^

D'OH, i meant difficulty. completely missed that different connotation, my bad! ty, really helps when people teach me these things as they are very easy to forget.

that was kinda my point, engineering is an exact science byproduct, while art is subjective and a lot harder to get right precisely because of our 1st paragraphs

I agree. Well said.

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04:25 PM - 01/04/14 »
Uh, guys. Im never serious about my industrial desing experiments. This conversation is way too serious for the things i meant. So, please dont start arguing.

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 04:29 PM - 01/04/14 »
Uh, guys. Im never serious about my industrial desing experiments. This conversation is way too serious for the things i meant. So, please dont start arguing.

No argument. Merely a discussion. Please refer to my last post.