XIM Community

Bluetooth?  (Read 5292 times)

Offline megasaxon

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MegaGT
Re: Bluetooth?
« Reply #15 on: 06:23 PM - 01/03/14 »
No, the hub add latency well below the USB poll rate of the console. You won't notice it. But, if its a concern, you can always plug the BT adapter and controller into the hub instead. XIM4 supports that sort of thing now.

You sir, just gave me a big smile. No more priority for what device to what port means better cable management for my small desk! :D

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
« Reply #16 on: 06:33 PM - 01/03/14 »
I've been doing a lot of power measurements lately to make sure there aren't any issues with the beta. There shouldn't be. I've been gaming with: Edge, X1 controller, BT adapter, hub (bus powered), G500 and G13 and am hitting 360mA (max is 500mA for a single USB port). This is with BT com active and Edge LED on full white. Interestingly, the G13s backlight consumes a whopping 120mA of that alone (which can be turned off). So, I'd say we are fine on power -- no additional power supplies required.

I already bought a USB hub with a power supply but that's ok.  I have the power if I need it. Thanks for the info.  It will make it easier for people who haven't bought a hub yet.  :)
Xim3 - Xim Edge - Xim4 - Xim Apex
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
BenQ 27" 1440p 240hz Monitor
AKG K702's - Soundblaster AE-7 - HyperX Quadcast
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Offline The Pfhor

• MVP
  • "The Master of Unlocking."
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Pfhor
  • PSN ID: ThePfhor
« Reply #17 on: 07:00 PM - 01/03/14 »
Hey guys!

Two questions:

1.) While I understand originally you were testing BT 2.1+EDR, there was talk of testing BT 4.0 LE not only for iOS but for latency compensation. Is that what the adapter is now going to be (BT 4.0)?

2.) In flashing our XIM Edge for the Beta, does this mean we are going to lose the ability to use it for our Xbox 360 and PS3? While I understand the XIM4 will support both current (<--so awesome I can say that  ;D !!) and last generation consoles, I wasn't sure about the Beta being able to support both.

Thanks and happy New Year!!
USN: OSC (SW/AW/IW)
PSN:     ThePfhor
Steam:  The Pfhor
Xbox:    The Pfhor

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #18 on: 08:54 PM - 01/03/14 »
Its going to be BT4 unless Orbital tells me otherwise over the next couple of days.

The XIM4 Beta firmware supports current and last gen. The main limitation is that you can only store a couple of Configs on Edge. Other than that, you'll get all the same features as XIM4.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline The Pfhor

• MVP
  • "The Master of Unlocking."
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Pfhor
  • PSN ID: ThePfhor
« Reply #19 on: 10:49 PM - 01/03/14 »
Awesome news thanks!
USN: OSC (SW/AW/IW)
PSN:     ThePfhor
Steam:  The Pfhor
Xbox:    The Pfhor

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #20 on: 12:10 AM - 01/04/14 »
Thanks for updating us obsiv.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Admin