XIM Community

Why would you get a Nex-Gen console already?  (Read 1710 times)

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: KodRaiN
Re: Why would you get a Nex-Gen console already?
« Reply #15 on: 10:45 PM - 12/30/13 »
Does CM work with XIM3?  Might not work with mine because simply adding a USB extension to my setup the XIm does not have sufficient power, although that could be the 360. 

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10:49 PM - 12/30/13 »
Does CM work with XIM3?  Might not work with mine because simply adding a USB extension to my setup the XIm does not have sufficient power, although that could be the 360. 
Yes it works with the XIM3. You NEED the USB extension? I used one with mine and then figured I could get away with just plugging my XIM Edge directly into the CM.

The ONLY downside is the fact that you can't plug in the chat adapter into the controller. Something about the CronusMax not being able to support controller input AND chat. I don't know if you talk a lot then maybe its not for you and wait for the XIM Edge beta. Although you asked about the XIM3 so I doubt you have a XIM Edge.

There is a work around. Use a 2nd controller, sign in with your guest account, join your friends party and plug the chat adapter into the 2nd controller. Works fine with me although a slight and annoying hassle. Depends how important KBM support is to you! ;)
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10:54 PM - 12/30/13 »

I use a 5 foot USB extension, and CM, and xim3 and xbo e... All work perfectly....

And I'm enjoying gaming on my xbone before you, na na na boo boo
sorry but its time to leave.... goodbye all!

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10:59 PM - 12/30/13 »
psh... gaming in silence... psh!

Psh!

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #19 on: 11:11 PM - 12/30/13 »
....because I wanted to.  Simple as that.   

And I find your premise inherently flawed.  I like 3 PS4 launch games so far with Resogun, Contrast, and Killzone.  (Madden still sucks, imho.)  And both consoles, after you got through the wailing and gnashing of twitter teeth about disc drives of doom and blue lines of death, you realized that social media combined with modern gaming console launches make a big deal out of very little.  Both systems have very low failure rates overall for launches of well over a million total consoles each.  Beyond that, there's more to gaming than FPS's.  XIM forum or not, folks here simply like to *game*, whether platformer, RTS, puzzle, RPG, or FPS. 

And, truthfully, waiting a year or two for a $50 price change while missing out on the best new stuff simply ain't worth it to me.   

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11:25 PM - 12/30/13 »
psh... gaming in silence... psh!

Psh!

In silence?  You mean on my tutprtle beaches, or my 5.1 surround sound.. Pick your poison....

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11:27 PM - 12/30/13 »
chat

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11:28 PM - 12/30/13 »
chat

Nope.. Created a third party adapter and chat works just fine.....cut apart the mic that came with the xbone, bought a second TB chat cable and spliced the two together....

And on bf4 you can use the connect to chat in game...

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03:05 AM - 12/31/13 »
I got both new consoles  because is new technology, just like i get the new iPhone every year, the new ipad, and honestly if i could i will get every new model of my subaru wrx if i could (day dreaming) ;D...just to have it i guess..some people get their high different ways 8)

Offline nobodyfamous

• MVP
  • nerd with muscles
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07:11 AM - 12/31/13 »
Well simply Because i wanted them and had the extra money laying around so a bougt em :) now im ready for when xim4 does come out, meanwhile i play 360 and pc day of defeat!
"If steroids and other performance enhancing drugs are illegal for athletes,
doesn't that mean you're cheating in eSports and should be banned ?"

Astro Mixamp Pro 2013 / Sennheiser HD598
BenQ RL2460HT / BenQ XL2430T
Logitech G303 / CM Quickfire Stealth (Reds)
Rode Procaster / Rode PSA1
Roland Quad-Capture / Adam F5's / Adam F8Sub

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08:41 AM - 12/31/13 »
I got both new consoles  because is new technology, just like i get the new iPhone every year, the new ipad, and honestly if i could i will get every new model of my subaru wrx if i could (day dreaming) ;D...just to have it i guess..some people get their high different ways 8)

ugh that's my dream car! Daydreaming about just having one lol.

But yeah, next gen, waiting... Getting whatever most ximmers have.

Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #26 on: 09:50 AM - 12/31/13 »
so startith the argument that parted the Next-Gen Sea...People buy new things because they are new.  It is something companies bank on

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10:02 AM - 12/31/13 »
I got them because I didn't want to buy them and the XIM4 in quarter one. Way too many B-days in the 1st quarter and still recovering from Xmas. Although I did already sell my PS4  :P.
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Anti Aim Assist curves for ANY Game - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
BO4 Advanced Setup - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=71097.msg718710#msg718710
Destiny 2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Offline nobodyfamous

• MVP
  • nerd with muscles
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10:08 AM - 12/31/13 »
I got them because I didn't want to buy them and the XIM4 in quarter one. Way too many B-days in the 1st quarter and still recovering from Xmas. Although I did already sell my PS4  :P.

I sold my ps4 last night put it on kijiji for 700 and guy offered me 680 i said it yours... Not bad :)
"If steroids and other performance enhancing drugs are illegal for athletes,
doesn't that mean you're cheating in eSports and should be banned ?"

Astro Mixamp Pro 2013 / Sennheiser HD598
BenQ RL2460HT / BenQ XL2430T
Logitech G303 / CM Quickfire Stealth (Reds)
Rode Procaster / Rode PSA1
Roland Quad-Capture / Adam F5's / Adam F8Sub

Offline Atlasprime

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10:42 AM - 12/31/13 »
I didn't buy a 360 for almost a year after their launch.  Price drop, better heatsync, HDMI and surround sound support.  I'll probably wait till Destiny to get a ONE, unless Titanfall is actually a good game. 

In some cases they didnt touch the heatsink. The Xenon boards were crap, along with crap heatsinks. Then the 2nd Gen falcons came out with better heatsinks but still a @#$% board. Then then finally at year 3 or so the Falcons made it into the scene with a new chip architecture, lower power needs, and back to the @#$% heatsink but they lasted at least. If 360 was any indication, waiting a year didnt help. Saw just as many Falcons come in during my repair days.

Anyways... I have ghosts and bf4 with all my friends and play with my xim 3. Above else we are having a blast. I suppose thats our 2 cents lol.