XIM Community

Games and Motion Sickness  (Read 1289 times)

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Re: Games and Motion Sickness
« Reply #15 on: 07:23 AM - 01/01/14 »
sounds healthy enough  ???

i don't know man, some people are just like that but there must be a reason for you to get like that in some games and not in others.
soon..

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
  • Karma [>] 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10:21 AM - 01/01/14 »
sounds healthy enough  ???

i don't know man, some people are just like that but there must be a reason for you to get like that in some games and not in others.

Choppy camera turning
Narrow Frame of View
Headbob
Camera shaking
Heavy controls
etc.

Skyrim feels so heavy. I have changed the FOV and turned off headbob through a mod, and I play in 3rd person which does help a bit, but the camera is soooooo jittery it drives me nuts.
I am Spartacus!

Offline sss802

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06:11 PM - 01/01/14 »
some times playing on a empty stomach makes it worse.I have the same problem on certain games halflife 2 Campaign was the worst.

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06:30 PM - 01/01/14 »
Back in the earlier 2000's I used to have a rear projection TV and I used to get headaches and feel like vomiting from the motion sickness but if it's happening on PC try checking if your monitor has ghosting issues, also try to disable any form of motion blur in the games settings.

HTH.
Be humble

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #19 on: 06:35 PM - 01/01/14 »
apart from the cam controls you sound like any O.Rift user aiming for what made him sick. can you feel any adjustment is made by your body with increased exposure?

your brain is supposed to try and adapt to the things making you sick and it getting not so bad with more time of you gaming the same way it makes you sick. if a couple dozens of hours makes you feel these bad effects less then that is a good sign, if not you're fu*ked pretty much.

i think the VR revolution will be kind to you, as at least you should rip benefits from content designers trying to cut on the things that make people sick in VR.. but it will take at least >2 years if things went for the best case...
soon..

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
  • Mostly PC now until a great exclusive pops up.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyingGamer
« Reply #20 on: 07:06 PM - 01/01/14 »
Zacharybinx, didn't you post this before? Anyways, I also get motion sickness. Based on that older thread, I tried placing my monitor further away. Helped a ton! Also I found that my headphones would sometimes push my glasses a little closer to my eyes and throw my vision off. Hope that helps.

EDIT: found it: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=23288.0
Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
Games and Motion Sickness
« Reply #21 on: 04:51 AM - 01/03/14 »
I want roads to chime in...where is my tag roads or hail roads button.  Maybe I don't have enough minerals or vespine gas