XIM Community

Why would you get a Nex-Gen console already?  (Read 1680 times)

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: KodRaiN
Why would you get a Nex-Gen console already?
« on: 08:49 PM - 12/30/13 »
There's not a XIM working on one yet.
There aren't any games worth getting for them (that aren't already released on current-Gen).
New consoles cost more at launch (especially outside the US).
Release day version consoles are more likely to have problems (Remember the red rings on the 360)?
All your friends wont have one (so not even party chat). 

Granted, when the beta launches, Obsive will be glad for all you guinea pigs. 

As will I when I finally get a console, because all the software kinks will be worked out and most major complaints will be addressed, not just with the XIM4 but the console it'self. 

just my two cents...

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Why would you get a Nex-Gen console already?
« Reply #1 on: 09:02 PM - 12/30/13 »
We got one so we can say to you?..

Na na na boo boo....
sorry but its time to leave.... goodbye all!

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
« Reply #2 on: 09:04 PM - 12/30/13 »
Why wouldn't you buy a console now?  If you think retail price is going to go down in the next two years I think you're living in a fantasy world.  I enjoy other games (racing games, sports games) where I don't use a Xim.  The beta is going to be out in another week or two and I'll start playing FPS's on my xbone. 

Also you can trade up (old gen. to new gen.) multiple games for $10.  This deal expires 1/1/14 at most, if not all places.  You are going to have to spend $60 again (minus trade-in value) after that.  The longer you hold onto your old gen. copy the less you will get for it.  These are the reasons I bought a new gen. console.  :)
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netduma R1
BenQ RL2755HM Monitor
AKG K702's - DSS2 - ModMic 4.0
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G502

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:25 PM - 12/30/13 »
Right, I forgot electronics become more expensive.  That's why the 360 slim cost less than the first 360 at launch, even though it came with 230 more GB of storage and was less likely to fail. 

So say I wanted to play a piece of poo (Ghosts) and wanted it to be shinier (still a piece of poo)... I can still sell that game, even used, for $50+ and pick up the shinier one for a few bucks more. 

Because they made all these recent games playable on the current consoles, the only thing the One has is better graphics.  The game still has to play on the 360, so everything (physics, map size, player count) is limited.  This also cuts the player population in half (well not quite, because the One will have a smaller player population than the 360 by far) because players on the One cannot play those on the 360.  Basically this is a step in the opposite direction from utilizing the full potential of the new consoles. 

Offline kayoussoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:26 PM - 12/30/13 »
Because I can.

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:35 PM - 12/30/13 »
I didn't buy a 360 for almost a year after their launch.  Price drop, better heatsync, HDMI and surround sound support.  I'll probably wait till Destiny to get a ONE, unless Titanfall is actually a good game. 

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:49 PM - 12/30/13 »
Right, I forgot electronics become more expensive.  That's why the 360 slim cost less than the first 360 at launch, even though it came with 230 more GB of storage and was less likely to fail. 
The 360 came out in '05.  What was the price of a comparable 360 in '07?  This would be a fair comparison to my earlier quote.  I didn't buy a xbox until '09 so I really don't know.  I don't see the prices coming down at all for at least a year or two on the new consoles.

So say I wanted to play a piece of poo (Ghosts) and wanted it to be shinier (still a piece of poo)... I can still sell that game, even used, for $50+ and pick up the shinier one for a few bucks more.
You won't get $50 today for ghosts so I have no idea what you're talking about.  I traded mine in (got $40 for it) and I received a $10 upgrade coupon when I bought it.  You wait another 6 months you'll be lucky if you get $25 for it.

Because they made all these recent games playable on the current consoles, the only thing the One has is better graphics.

Ummm..........yeah? that's the whole point of the new consoles isn't it?  BF4 will actually play smooth on the new consoles where they were a slideshow on the old.

The game still has to play on the 360, so everything (physics, map size, player count) is limited.
I do agree with you on this.

This also cuts the player population in half (well not quite, because the One will have a smaller player population than the 360 by far) because players on the One cannot play those on the 360.  Basically this is a step in the opposite direction from utilizing the full potential of the new consoles.
This is inevitable and as time goes on the pendulum will swing to the direction of the new consoles.

I'm not going to get in a pissing match over this.  I gave you my points, take 'em for what they're worth.  :)
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netduma R1
BenQ RL2755HM Monitor
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G502

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:15 PM - 12/30/13 »
Launch 360 was about $400, Launch Slim was about $350.  Reguar 360 dropped by over $100 after 2 years. 

I am seeing copies of Ghosts 360 on ebay for about $50 while the ONE version goes for about $57 (wait, do you actually buy stuff in stores?  tsk tsk)

It will likely take till mid 2015 for the Xbox One population to exceed that of the 360.  Xbox one users still account for less than 10% of XBL users, even after christmas.  Why?  $500.  Ain't nobody got dimes fo' dat!

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:19 PM - 12/30/13 »
There aren't any games worth getting for them (that aren't already released on current-Gen).
Release day version consoles are more likely to have problems (Remember the red rings on the 360)?

As will I when I finally get a console, because all the software kinks will be worked out and most major complaints will be addressed, not just with the XIM4 but the console it'self. 

just my two cents...
My XIM Edge works beautifully thanks to CronusMax
Ghosts, BF4, Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3 say differently
Duh. They will cost the same for the next 2 years before prices drop
My Xbox One has been working awesome since launch
A lot of my friends already do but I'll give you the party chat even though you can use the Kinect.

Microsoft REALLY dropped the ball on not including the chat adapter at launch. I didn't wait and bought a pre made one and my friends said I'm crystal clear. Better than a cell phone haha
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:23 PM - 12/30/13 »

just my two cents...

I got both because of some stupid guy on the internet , who traded his xbox one together with CoD Ghosts for my ps4 and then I bought another ps4 during boxing day for 300$ , so i got both console and Ghosts for Xbox one for 700$ . I dont use any of em as of now , I broke my Ghosts yesterday , I dont wanna brake the controllers cuz I might need em .

Offline tuffrabit

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #10 on: 10:25 PM - 12/30/13 »
So I have plenty of time to make audio cables before I have a XIM to stream with.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:29 PM - 12/30/13 »
I would have expected most XIM users to wait till a concrete XIM4 launch date was announced.  XIM3 turned out ok without much of a beta. 

Ive heard the CM has input lag.  I cant stand Input lag, so much so that I gamed on an HD tube TV  untill 4 years ago when LED tv's dropped under 5ms. 

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:32 PM - 12/30/13 »
Once the xim edge beta was confirmed is when I bought my xbone. 
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netduma R1
BenQ RL2755HM Monitor
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G502

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10:41 PM - 12/30/13 »
I had a XIME when I busted the screen on my 3.  But then sold it when I bought a replacement screen.  So much easier to configure on the fly, Imo, plus the LCD screams "Legit"

Will the XIME4 beta be supported all the way till XIM4 launch?  I would assume because once you update the XIM firmware it's there to stay unless something with the consoles changes. 

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:41 PM - 12/30/13 »
I would have expected most XIM users to wait till a concrete XIM4 launch date was announced.  XIM3 turned out ok without much of a beta. 

Ive heard the CM has input lag.  I cant stand Input lag, so much so that I gamed on an HD tube TV  untill 4 years ago when LED tv's dropped under 5ms. 
Nope it really doesn't. I've been playing with it for the past 2 days and it has zero. At least none that a normal person could sense.

I even played with a USB extension cable to possibly make it have more input lag and STILL didn't notice any. No more than a XIM3 which I used for the past year and a half and I guarantee it won't effect your gameplay because you won't even be able to tell. haha
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's