XIM Community

WHEN XIM 4 is READY ??  (Read 38274 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: WHEN XIM 4 is READY ??
« Reply #120 on: 10:28 AM - 01/28/14 »
k-crip, I apologize if there were members of the community confusing things concerning release. The Beta is ready. The issue is finding a reliable source of Bluetooth adapters for exiting Edge owners so that can test out the XIM4 firmware. There are a couple of vendors on Amazon with compatible $10 adapters (with Prime shipping) -- which is great. But, the quality/stability of these adapters are terrible. I'd say 1 out of 4 either outright don't work or fail to initialize often. We are trying to locate a better source of Bluetooth adapters for the Beta.

Yes, the retail Edge hardware has never changed.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline wdmyers

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 10:43 AM - 01/28/14 »
Are you guys just trying to find a "cheap" adapter so the beta isn't cost prohibitive?  If so, is there an adapter that's consistent but may be a premium product? 

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 11:11 AM - 01/28/14 »
Good to know that that's the last thing you all have left to figure out. Would maybe a more pricey adapter offer better stability and be more compatible? I realize more compatible really doesn't make sense because either it works or it doesn't but you know what I mean. Haha
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
« Reply #123 on: 11:18 AM - 01/28/14 »
It doens't need to be lowest cost it would be nice but if it cant be done then it's all good and understandable.  I think everyone would be just fine purchasing a quality BT adapter as opposed to cheap and causing problems and frustration.
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 11:19 AM - 01/28/14 »
^^ yeah if there was a $20 adapter but 100% worked with no issues I wouldn't care and buy it in a heart beat. I think 90% of the people on here feel the same way.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
  • Mostly PC now until a great exclusive pops up.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyingGamer
« Reply #125 on: 11:22 AM - 01/28/14 »
k-crip, I apologize if there were members of the community confusing things concerning release. The Beta is ready. The issue is finding a reliable source of Bluetooth adapters for exiting Edge owners so that can test out the XIM4 firmware. There are a couple of vendors on Amazon with compatible $10 adapters (with Prime shipping) -- which is great. But, the quality/stability of these adapters are terrible. I'd say 1 out of 4 either outright don't work or fail to initialize often. We are trying to locate a better source of Bluetooth adapters for the Beta.

Yes, the retail Edge hardware has never changed.

I haven't kept up with things (no XB1 or PS4), but have you tried this? (LINK). It's backwards compatible with Bluetooth 2.1+EDR.
Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #126 on: 11:41 AM - 01/28/14 »
Agreed. If there is a better adapter that consistently works, I think it would be better to just buy that, even if it's $10 or $15 more.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Amarce

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 11:51 AM - 01/28/14 »
I bought 3 different adapters the day he announced there would be a beta just in case one wouldn't work when beta arrived
lol........ Seems so long ago there's high chance one of them is lost by now
« Last Edit: 11:57 AM - 01/28/14 by Amarce »
Maximus gen v
16 gb ddr5
512 ssd
G500s
Wolfking warrior 2xxtreme
Astro a40
24" asus 1ms 27" lg tm2792d-sn
Xim2,xim3,xime
But all I want is xim4 on ps4
Date Registered: 12:33 AM - 06/28/08-
I wasn't here posting because this product was so perfect (I was gg'ing 😆👍)

Offline wildsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 12:50 PM - 01/28/14 »
Hello,

I haven't post here for a while. I bought my xim edge a few weeks before ps4 release. The edge was an upgrade to the computer based first xim1(black box edition) that i had. I was reading the forum for a while and notice that the beta is going to be available for edge users. I was wondering how this is going to work are we buying the xim beta for $xxx amount of dollars and when xim4 final release is out we need to buy for another $xxx amount of dollars? Would it be a free upgrade from beta to final? Software update? Or no one knows yet?

Offline Zenigame96

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shiny Zeni
  • PSN ID: Zenigame96
« Reply #129 on: 01:13 PM - 01/28/14 »
Agreed. If there is a better adapter that consistently works, I think it would be better to just buy that, even if it's $10 or $15 more.

+1000. I'd much rather spend a few extra dollars to get the beta sooner haha.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 01:14 PM - 01/28/14 »
Hello,

I haven't post here for a while. I bought my xim edge a few weeks before ps4 release. The edge was an upgrade to the computer based first xim1(black box edition) that i had. I was reading the forum for a while and notice that the beta is going to be available for edge users. I was wondering how this is going to work are we buying the xim beta for $xxx amount of dollars and when xim4 final release is out we need to buy for another $xxx amount of dollars? Would it be a free upgrade from beta to final? Software update? Or no one knows yet?

Most of this information is in the INFO thread:  http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=29121.0

Though, as this information isn't really organized in a clear and concise (read: FAQ style) manner... I'll attempt to answer your question here to the best of my ability...  Please I welcome any corrections from anyone with more accurate knowledge.

*ahem*

The Edge will receive a version of the XIM4 code, aka XIM4E, (for free) and will require you to purchase extra hardware to run the beta as intended (e.g. a Bluetooth dongle for remote configuration via phone, as well as a powered USB hub for your peripherals if needed).

Once XIM4 is released, you will need to purchase the new XIM4, which will also ship with a BT dongle included (as well as built in BT transmitter for PS4 compatibility).  You would use your existing USB hub, if necessary.

Also, when XIM4 releases, the beta firmware for the EDGE will no longer be supported and will not receive new updates, e.g. smart translators, bug fixes, etc.  You will need to revert the EDGE to it's legacy x360/PS3 firmware which will only work on those platforms, though will receive continued support/fixes/translators.

I'm just sorta hazy on the BT pieces. 

XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #131 on: 01:15 PM - 01/28/14 »
Hello,

beta is free for all Edge owners. will be available for xbox one in days/weeks. PS4 later.
soon..

Offline wildsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 01:18 PM - 01/28/14 »
uhmm...makes sense!!

Offline scacs

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 01:22 PM - 01/28/14 »
Once XIM4 is released, you will need to purchase the new XIM4, which will also ship with a BT dongle included (as well as built in BT transmitter for PS4 compatibility).  You would use your existing USB hub, if necessary.

Why would you need a USB hub? Will xim4 have enough ports for the controller in + mouse + keyboard? Would the hub be for using more devices than that?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 01:24 PM - 01/28/14 »
You will only need the hub for beta with your Edge. Unless there are bluetooth devices out there that will not be supported by XIM4's onboard bluetooth. Then you will need your hub for the extra bluetooth adapter.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Admin