XIM Community

WHEN XIM 4 is READY ??  (Read 38272 times)

Offline JayinThaz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FiftyCow
Re: WHEN XIM 4 is READY ??
« Reply #90 on: 12:45 PM - 01/25/14 »
We are working very closely with the Alpha testers and are finding bugs that are being addressed. Most of the Android issues have been fixed and we have XIM Manager running on all sorts of hardware from Kitkat all the way back to Gingerbread (which is just about all Android devices out there).

We are currently blocked on the BT adapter. We have an $10 equivalent to what we will be shipping with on Amazon worldwide, but, it's giving some of our testers issues. We need to fix these before the Beta goes out.

Take your sweet time.I know its all gonna be worth it at the end.

Offline wdmyers

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 01:03 PM - 01/25/14 »
We are working very closely with the Alpha testers and are finding bugs that are being addressed. Most of the Android issues have been fixed and we have XIM Manager running on all sorts of hardware from Kitkat all the way back to Gingerbread (which is just about all Android devices out there).

We are currently blocked on the BT adapter. We have an $10 equivalent to what we will be shipping with on Amazon worldwide, but, it's giving some of our testers issues. We need to fix these before the Beta goes out.

Thanks for the update.  Any progress on finalizing the mold for the housing?

Offline PlaDale

• MVP
    • View Profile
WHEN XIM 4 is READY ??
« Reply #92 on: 01:56 PM - 01/25/14 »

Its EA.

That's the same thing I say when people think titanfall will remain xbox exclusive if it's successful
I have a problem with rules and got myself banned. Again.

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 03:20 PM - 01/25/14 »

But this doesn't answer the questions asked here if the Q1 ETA is still on track. I'm guessing (hopefully incorrectly) that this isn't happening. It was back in early December when beta testing was being discussed and we're not even past alpha. People are now projecting Q3 so an official timeline would be great. I just need to know if I have to waste money on a XIM4 alternative for Titanfall since I have a XIM3 and not the Edge.

Offline litnin

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: oO Lightnin Oo
« Reply #94 on: 03:27 PM - 01/25/14 »
Take your sweet time.I know its all gonna be worth it at the end.

God bless ya son  ......  Roughly translated as 'OMG will you hurry up already'.  ;)
Xbox one
Xbox 360
Hand build gaming rig
24" Benq x 3
Xim edge
Razor/Ps nav
Headset - Turtle beach xray black ops2 special edition

Offline manaus

• I am not creative enough...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 05:12 PM - 01/25/14 »
So, it is the BT adapter, which is the "bad boy"...cant we do this without it?  :)

I hope this BT adapter is readily available...is it really mandatory to beta? (still didn't quite understand its necessity, sorry  ::) )

Previous owner of:
- XimEdge;
- Xim 4; and now
- Xim Apex

Console: Xbox One
Display: Gateway 21,5" widescreen (FHX2153L) (Very old, but it works)
KB: Arctosa Razer
Mice: Logitech G203

Be happy!

Offline haspko39

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BeniAdem
« Reply #96 on: 02:47 AM - 01/26/14 »
Yes, good point. Is bluetooh dungle a must? As far as I followed, XIM manager could be run with USB cable or built-in BT on PC as well, right?

So, it is the BT adapter, which is the "bad boy"...cant we do this without it?  :)

I hope this BT adapter is readily available...is it really mandatory to beta? (still didn't quite understand its necessity, sorry  ::) )

Offline PapaD

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 03:12 AM - 01/26/14 »
Is the BT you guys are having issues with for the use of PS4??

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 08:30 AM - 01/26/14 »

OBs if the issues are all fixable via updates and not hardware related why not let us use it as well? We understand it will be buggy, thats part of the reasoning for a beta right? It's not like you're going to scare away new customers with a few bugs. Everyone that will be participating is already a customer! We're all EDGE owners, we know XIM stands alone when it comes to quality and service. So please dont be soo gunshy! If 4E is even close give it to us. No one expects it to be perfect or even 80%, it's a BETA. We just want to stop sitting on our hands, which is silly if we can help. Now if theres still some kind of Hardware issue then color me concerned! Please let us know. You're shooting for a 1st quarter XIM 4 release, Beta time is quickly evaporating. I'm beggining to wish I'd bought a Cronus Max to use my Edge as I haven't played a game on my XB1 in over a month. I just keep holding out for your beta, like alot of other folks around here.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 09:09 AM - 01/26/14 »
Its perfection that is the aim, not you playing asap. If that was not so there would have been a wired Edge nextgen from day one for the ONE. If you also have a PS4 build the W11ce thing. It relaxes.
Crusade atm: none

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
« Reply #100 on: 10:04 AM - 01/26/14 »
The amount of inpatients and misinformation is astounding.

Q3? Someone completely made that up, with no solid facts or info. Calm yo self.

Why isn't he releasing the Alpha to the Beta testers? Because there are still some significant bugs to be worked out. Each testing phase progresses to the next as the previous phase becomes stable. It's significantly easier to trouble shoot a variety of bugs when the sample group is smaller. If, for example, the alpha group was 10 people and the beta was 300, then imagine the difference in magnitude  of number of problems that would crop up.

The alpha is still buggy. Wait. The beta will have it's own share of bugs and issues. There is absolutely no reason to rush, other than a lack of patients. Rushing will cause small bugs to be big, and big bugs to be monsters.

Patients.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline PlaDale

• MVP
    • View Profile
WHEN XIM 4 is READY ??
« Reply #101 on: 10:31 AM - 01/26/14 »
Rook is among the outpatients, you should listen to him of you ever want to get released.
I have a problem with rules and got myself banned. Again.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #102 on: 10:33 AM - 01/26/14 »

OBs if the issues are all fixable via updates and not hardware related why not let us use it as well? We understand it will be buggy, thats part of the reasoning for a beta right? It's not like you're going to scare away new customers with a few bugs. Everyone that will be participating is already a customer! We're all EDGE owners, we know XIM stands alone when it comes to quality and service. So please dont be soo gunshy! If 4E is even close give it to us. No one expects it to be perfect or even 80%, it's a BETA. We just want to stop sitting on our hands, which is silly if we can help. Now if theres still some kind of Hardware issue then color me concerned! Please let us know. You're shooting for a 1st quarter XIM 4 release, Beta time is quickly evaporating. I'm beggining to wish I'd bought a Cronus Max to use my Edge as I haven't played a game on my XB1 in over a month. I just keep holding out for your beta, like alot of other folks around here. 

I did consider this, but, it's about what we can handle. The Beta is going to be *large*. If there are fundamental issues it's going to be impossible for us to handle all the support issues/anger/frustration while continuing to build the product. The Alpha testers need to be 100% working first -- they are almost there. We will know more tomorrow.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
Re: Re: WHEN XIM 4 is READY ??
« Reply #103 on: 10:38 AM - 01/26/14 »
Rook is among the outpatients, you should listen to him of you ever want to get released.

Meh, autocorrect. Whatevs.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Re: WHEN XIM 4 is READY ??
« Reply #104 on: 10:43 AM - 01/26/14 »

Meh, autocorrect. Whatevs.

It auto-corrects to words that don't exist?

Admin