XIM Community

Love My New Xim360.. !! But is Anyone willing to help me with my joystick setup?  (Read 924 times)

Offline farmer65

• pes·ti·lent: Destructive to Life
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pe5TiL3nT
My Xim360 just arrived this week.. working great.. The single most helpful addition to the xbox360 bar none!  But,  I have a couple of points i need help with.

1.  When using the xim 360 - I read in the post to "copy" a config into the xim folder to "create" your own modified config.  When I open that config with notepad (after modifying in the xim software) it looks the same.. (ie - I use e, s, d, f. I save the config and can double click on it and it still shows that setup, e, s, d, f .. however when I open it with notepad, it shows the default wsad.. I'm sure i'm missing a step.

2.  Can someone give me a sample or text me, email me, write me, or point to a post or guide - anything to get the joystick (logitech attack 3d working with either software)  I've even downloaded and tried xod's software, In BF 1943 my guy just sits there just sits there and spins.. I'm a fairly quick learner if someone could give me a sample config or just a little more assistance with this part I would be greatful.  Ultimately i would love to use k/m for foot (which i do with tonesters bf1943 config - thank you tonester) but when i get into a plane I would like to switch to my joystick and fly (or whatever). 

I love the xim - well worth the nearly 200 bux.. I just need a little help.. all input is appreciated... thanks..
Pe5TiL3nT

pes·ti·lent/ˈpestələnt/Adjective
1. Destructive to life; deadly.
2. Causing annoyance; troublesome.

Pe5TiL3nT" border="0

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
Are you using Vista or Win7?

If you have UAC turned on it usually doesn't let you save anything to a Program Files directory without administrator privileges.  You should run notepad as admin before attempting to save your config.

As far as xod's software is concerned it's not going to be supported here in this section because it's not an official part of the XIM product.  You'll have to ask him or post in the corresponding section for help with that. 

Make sure that you check what the update rate is with your config for BF.  If it's a non-integer value then sometimes crazy stuff like what you're describing happens.  Check to make sure you didn't accidentally key in something besides a number. 

I have a hunch these suggestions will fix your problem.  You could always use the built in config editor with XIM too, as opposed to by hand.  I prefer it, personally.

Offline farmer65

• pes·ti·lent: Destructive to Life
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pe5TiL3nT
Thank you very much for the quick reply tweak, yes vista 32 and I just turned UAC off.  Thought I had done that already but apparently not.  Yes that seems to have solved the saving configs without it reverting to the wsad.  On the other software, sorry, did not realize about xod's software.  Please understand I am extremely new to the xim 360 and even after reading the bible am still unsure of how to bind my logitech joystick to the xim360 software.  I have switched the toggle (in xim360 software) from joy/keyboard to joy/mouse and keyboard/mouse etc.  Didn't seem to recognize joystick inputs at all and if i go back to k/m it seems i have to go to the pc and bring up the config and change the toggle button again.  Is there an option that allows me to just play on foot with the k/m and then switch to keyboard/joy (with appropriate button controls on the stick such as firing primary/dropping bombs etc) I don't mind using rudder controls via the keyboard if the twist is not supported.

If you are busy I understand, I just really can't find sufficient manuals to modify things the way I need to.  I'm willing to read everything i can find just need some help.  And appreciate all the hard work that has gone into building this unit (obviously since i bought it woot! and it does rule)  Just really need to get it down to where I know what i'm doing.  Thank you for your help...
Pe5TiL3nT

pes·ti·lent/ˈpestələnt/Adjective
1. Destructive to life; deadly.
2. Causing annoyance; troublesome.

Pe5TiL3nT" border="0

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
Unfortunately I don't believe that what you're trying to do is supported with the XIM software. There is no support for secondary profiles, so you can't switch from say, a tank, to on foot and go from WASD to analog.  You would actually have to quit the software and load another profile designed around the alternate controls.  However, joystick support is in the XIM program, so you should be able to use just the joystick itself.  As far as other peripherals are concerned, you may be better off using xod's software.  Like I said before, I can't help you with that.