XIM Community

XIM4 Hardware Support  (Read 6305 times)

Offline 1llest

• View Profile
Re: XIM4 Hardware Support
« Reply #15 on: 07:14 PM - 12/27/13 »
i thought about a used keyboard from ebay, some noppoo chocs with usb nkro can be found for 10-40$ in working condition, almost brand new

Maybe I can help you out with other keyboards, just let me know what I need to do. My good friend has a K90 and I will be purchasing a Ducky Shine 3 in a couple of weeks.

Offline xbladr

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Xbladr
« Reply #16 on: 08:05 AM - 12/28/13 »
This is amazing news guys glad to hear it. Can't wait to do some testing of all my different peripherals.

Offline Calcifer

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Calciffer
« Reply #17 on: 02:13 PM - 12/28/13 »
Is there a possibility if you connect a full keyboard to type messages to friends on the xbox one?

Offline The Pfhor

• MVP
  • "The Master of Unlocking."
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Pfhor
  • PSN ID: Jjaro
« Reply #18 on: 11:56 PM - 12/29/13 »
Is there a possibility if you connect a full keyboard to type messages to friends on the xbox one?

Wow so that isn't already built in to the Xbone? The Xbox 360 has this kind of support.
USN: OS1 (SW/AW)
Steam ID: thothjjaro
Mouse: Logitech G502
Keyboard: SteelSeries 6Gv2 w/ Cherry MX Red

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #19 on: 12:18 AM - 12/30/13 »

Wow so that isn't already built in to the Xbone? The Xbox 360 has this kind of support.

Im not sure if you can do that with a kb but you can use thier app on your phone/tablet to send/receive messages

Offline AusRED5

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AusRED5
  • PSN ID: AusRED5
« Reply #20 on: 09:28 AM - 12/30/13 »

I'm pretty sure he is referring to k/b typing while plugged in via xim4.

I'm going to say no, because the xim is meant to emulate a controller.
If you really want k/b functionality. Get a mini wireless k/b and plug it into the spare usb port. ;)
XIM4 - G502 - Razer Blackwidow

XBOX ONE
PS4 Pro

Offline xSundown

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03:02 PM - 12/30/13 »
Yes, it will. XIM4's USB driver stack has been improved for HID. EDGE/3 had problems with mice that surfaces keyboard events (and vice versa), XIM4 does not. Also, it has much better support for hubs. You can plug *everything* through a hub (including the console controller) and it all just works.

Does this mean that the Logitech G13 will be able to use the analog stick as not only a thumbstick to move a player, but now also be able to set the 5 button assignments like on the PC through the software? I use this stick for 4 of my weapon slots on pc games. Would mean so much if possible. Please let me know if so. Thanks.
[email protected]| Noctua D15s| Asus Gene Viii| 16gb DDR4 3200mhz G.Skill Trident RAM| Phanteks Evolv mATX| EVGA 750w G2| 1tb Samsung Evo SSD| EVGA GTX 980ti FTW| Dell U3415W