XIM Community

XIM4 Hardware Support  (Read 6298 times)

Offline 1llest

• View Profile
XIM4 Hardware Support
« on: 02:42 PM - 12/26/13 »
Will xim4 have better hardware support than xim3/edge?

I know there's some a few from my knowledge that doesnt work with xim3/edge

It'd be nice if we can use pretty much any keyboard or mouse with XIM4.
Because there's a few keyboard that ive been wanting but cant get it due to it not compatible with Xim3.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM4 Hardware Support
« Reply #1 on: 02:57 PM - 12/26/13 »
Yes, it will. XIM4's USB driver stack has been improved for HID. EDGE/3 had problems with mice that surfaces keyboard events (and vice versa), XIM4 does not. Also, it has much better support for hubs. You can plug *everything* through a hub (including the console controller) and it all just works.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline 1llest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:08 PM - 12/26/13 »
Thanks for the reply OBsIV.

Looks like I will be able to use a mechanical keyboard that supports Full NKRO through usb.

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #3 on: 05:47 PM - 12/26/13 »
been wanting to upgrade my keyboard for some time now.
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: Console: G502 - PC: fianlnouse Cape Town UL2 | KB: by the day and mood (60% to 65%) | Mouse Pad: by the day and mood (X-Large) | Audio/Mic: GoXLR | PC Mic: Shure SM7B | Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436

Offline alfmetal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:29 PM - 12/26/13 »
Good news, my keyboard is too old that, the letters are faded or not there at all

so now I can buy me a good one with full support.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:15 PM - 12/26/13 »
Yes, it will. XIM4's USB driver stack has been improved for HID. EDGE/3 had problems with mice that surfaces keyboard events (and vice versa), XIM4 does not. Also, it has much better support for hubs. You can plug *everything* through a hub (including the console controller) and it all just works.

but keyboards that pretend to be several HIDs wont work right?
thats what the topic creator is refering to, USB keyboards with high key rollover that do it via pretending to be several keyboards at once
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:17 PM - 12/26/13 »

Will the improved USB driver stack solve problems with certain mouse buttons not working?

For example, with the Zowie line of mice such as the EC2 and FK, the scroll wheel does not work with Edge and XIM 3. Would the XIM 4 fix that? I hope so  ;D
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline tattwah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:38 AM - 12/27/13 »
Hope it will support razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, that is the keyboard I am looking forward to.

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:48 AM - 12/27/13 »
Got my Steelseries Rival being shipped, hope XIM4 supports it.
Be humble

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #9 on: 12:59 PM - 12/27/13 »
We will just have to try the hardware and we will fix accordingly if needed. Od1n, multiple keyboards should work (i.e. the example you gave). I'll need to confirm with Orbital.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline jaygax

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MadfoX75
« Reply #10 on: 01:41 PM - 12/27/13 »
I have the xim edge. when is the xim4 beta gonna be released? I hope support for ps4 is already available. but then, so is the supply for ps4. nothing at bestbuy, Walmart, or gamestop as of today. hoping it will be available by January together with the xim4 beta update.

Offline jaygax

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MadfoX75
« Reply #11 on: 01:44 PM - 12/27/13 »
ObsiV, whoever you are, you're the MAN! you made my dreams come true. headshots after headshots. making it a nightmare for those 6 year olds. old school mouse and keyboard still rule on gaming.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:51 PM - 12/27/13 »
We will just have to try the hardware and we will fix accordingly if needed. Od1n, multiple keyboards should work (i.e. the example you gave). I'll need to confirm with Orbital.

excellent

if you want i can research a cheap keyboard for you that utilizes this technique :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline 1llest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:44 PM - 12/27/13 »
Nice!

@od1n

Maybe something like a K90?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:16 PM - 12/27/13 »
i thought about a used keyboard from ebay, some noppoo chocs with usb nkro can be found for 10-40$ in working condition, almost brand new

Admin