XIM Community

I'm suddenly all alone. :-/  (Read 3507 times)

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
I'm suddenly all alone. :-/
« on: 01:53 PM - 12/26/13 »
Since Christmas has come and gone, the majority of my buddies are happily gaming on their shiny new PS4's.  I logged in to find a pathetic 5 people online with PS3 so it looks like my hibernation has begun.

The sooner XIM4 comes out (with PS4 support) the sooner I will go buy a PS4 and get back into gaming but for now I either have to play solo or not at all.

Help me OBsIV!  I miss gaming with my team already!

- PS4 - XIM4 - G502 (12k dpi / 500 report rate) - Sony Nav - ASUS MX279H -

Offline Zenigame96

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shiny Zeni
  • PSN ID: Zenigame96
Re: I'm suddenly all alone. :-/
« Reply #1 on: 01:59 PM - 12/26/13 »
Since Christmas has come and gone, the majority of my buddies are happily gaming on their shiny new PS4's.  I logged in to find a pathetic 5 people online with PS3 so it looks like my hibernation has begun.

The sooner XIM4 comes out (with PS4 support) the sooner I will go buy a PS4 and get back into gaming but for now I either have to play solo or not at all.

I know that feel, bro. At least for you this is temporary. All my former CoD friends have moved on to League of Legends (which I have absolutely 0 interest in ever playing), and that won't be solved by suddenly having a XIM4 to game on next gen with haha. I've just had to cope by spending my time doing other things/playing way more casually than I was a year or 2 ago. :(

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #2 on: 02:00 PM - 12/26/13 »
Yup, i'm sure xbox 360 will be the same for me...I didn't log on last night for that exact fear.

I know that feel, bro. At least for you this is temporary. All my former CoD friends have moved on to League of Legends (which I have absolutely 0 interest in ever playing), and that won't be solved by suddenly having a XIM4 to game on next gen with haha. I've just had to cope by spending my time doing other things/playing way more casually than I was a year or 2 ago. :(

I play LoL! and by that I mean I use BoL studio and play sometimes.

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #3 on: 05:57 PM - 12/26/13 »
even though i don't completely suck with a controller i went back to my X360 just to use keyboard/mouse but after playing BF4 32v32 on PS4 i want that support right now too tho lol.
XIM: Apex | Titan: Two | XiM Link | PS4 Pro & XBox One X | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: G502 | KB: G513 Carbon | Mouse Pad: HyperX Fury S Pro Gaming Mouse Pad X-Large |  Console Audio/Mic: beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO & Creative Sound Blaster X7 | PC Mic: Samson G-Track | Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #4 on: 06:02 AM - 12/27/13 »
I know that feel, bro. At least for you this is temporary. All my former CoD friends have moved on to League of Legends (which I have absolutely 0 interest in ever playing)

you lost them to LoL? oh yeah just say good bye. it will be months/years before they ever even consider they might be losing interest in the game. the ridiculous amount of douchebags and retard could get them to drop it sooner if they play without company, but if they do play together then it's a lost cause.

after getting burned out of 5vs5, you still have 3vs3 to have fun if party numbers allow it. if not or after that, there's still ARAM to net some more months of fun. and then, Riot is making new modes "all for one" was really fun but it's now gone. bet it will be back though.

not everyone likes dominion so i don't mention it. i don't really enjoy it enough. but then there's Dota2... but them coming from COD i doubt they'd want in on that, it will be too "boring" for them.

maybe in a couple of years you get your friends back LOL
soon..

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:00 AM - 12/27/13 »

same here ... :( , But for now I am rocking the WII U  8)

Offline Zenigame96

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:26 AM - 12/27/13 »

you lost them to LoL? oh yeah just say good bye. it will be months/years before they ever even consider they might be losing interest in the game. the ridiculous amount of douchebags and retard could get them to drop it sooner if they play without company, but if they do play together then it's a lost cause.

after getting burned out of 5vs5, you still have 3vs3 to have fun if party numbers allow it. if not or after that, there's still ARAM to net some more months of fun. and then, Riot is making new modes "all for one" was really fun but it's now gone. bet it will be back though.

not everyone likes dominion so i don't mention it. i don't really enjoy it enough. but then there's Dota2... but them coming from COD i doubt they'd want in on that, it will be too "boring" for them.

maybe in a couple of years you get your friends back LOL

Yeah, I fought it and fought it and fought it. I took over our clan, did all the work arrange meet times, clan ops, now clan wars. Midnight launch parties (even the one I couldn't attend because I was on my honeymoon... I let them host it at my place while I was gone) and I've done all the grunt work with keeping up on Ghosts trends/OP guns/how to counter them/what patches do what/blah blah blah, but I finally am feeling like giving up on it and just letting them do their own thing.

I'll never play LoL. I'm too strongly against the F2P model (if you really want to enjoy our game without putting thousands of hours into it, you can, you just have to give us moar money... and then some more... and then some more...) and on top of that it really doesn't look interesting to me at all. I've given a couple games like that a shot in the past and they're just not for me, but that doesn't stop them from trying to recruit me :P

I never hear the end of the "you'd be so good" and the "don't you miss playing with us?" :\ but oh well. Like I already said, you're right. They're gone. Time to start playing with the other CoD friends I had on a more consistent basis, because playing Ghosts alone is just sad. The infrastructure for another MW3 (my favorite, not saying it was the best CoD, just my favorite lol) is there but it's just not happening. CoD has lost a lot of it's popularity. My hopes lie with Titanfall at this point :)

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #7 on: 09:42 AM - 12/27/13 »
I'll never play LoL. I'm too strongly against the F2P model (if you really want to enjoy our game without putting thousands of hours into it, you can, you just have to give us moar money... and then some more... and then some more...) and on top of that it really doesn't look interesting to me at all. I've given a couple games like that a shot in the past and they're just not for me, but that doesn't stop them from trying to recruit me :P

They're gone. Time to start playing with the other CoD friends I had on a more consistent basis, because playing Ghosts alone is just sad.

The infrastructure for another MW3 (my favorite, not saying it was the best CoD, just my favorite lol) is there but it's just not happening. CoD has lost a lot of it's popularity. My hopes lie with Titanfall at this point :)

don't be put off by the f2p model. seriously. i'm not saying LoL is perfect like dota2, it's not. but you can play consistently and have a lot of fun without needing to pay a cent. true it will limit your game but that's not a bad thing for someone starting out. the worst thing in LoL is people who buy their way to rush "up" because they will get raped and ruin other's games since they won't have the skills the time it normally takes to get to "high" level takes.

the IP you get from playing is more then enough for you to get a decent amount of chars to fill a role. and you get random set of chars every week so you can fill other roles even if things go wrong. you just need to be very smart about runes as those cost a lot of IP. if you put down like $10-20 you won't need to buy anything ever in that game. new champs come out every month or so and they tend to be OP at start but you can avoid them by playing in draft where they'll be banned 70% of the time if not more. and you can dodge when they are not.

the game is good enough for you to give it a go if you feel like it, if you really don't like dota or LoL then there's nothing to it and no use beating a dead horse. but really if it was just the f2p issue then that would not be a good reason for you not to give it a go. it's nothing like the run of the mill f2p's. in fact i'd say the only perfect mainstream f2p's that i'm aware are: tf2 and dota2.

the LoL is that line between acceptable F2P and anything below i won't touch and will flame till my the grim reapers comes to meet me. i love BF but i'll only buy it when premium is at a good deal price just because i disapprove of EA's greed. that's the only game i'd be willing to buy at full price atm, but i won't after the launch mess. EA needs to learn and the only way to make myself heard to them is with my wallet. i have mixed feelings on DICE tho.
soon..

Offline Zenigame96

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:51 AM - 12/27/13 »

don't be put off by the f2p model. seriously. i'm not saying LoL is perfect like dota2, it's not. but you can play consistently and have a lot of fun without needing to pay a cent. true it will limit your game but that's not a bad thing for someone starting out. the worst thing in LoL is people who buy their way to rush "up" because they will get raped and ruin other's games since they won't have the skills the time it normally takes to get to "high" level takes.

the IP you get from playing is more then enough for you to get a decent amount of chars to fill a role. and you get random set of chars every week so you can fill other roles even if things go wrong. you just need to be very smart about runes as those cost a lot of IP. if you put down like $10-20 you won't need to buy anything ever in that game. new champs come out every month or so and they tend to be OP at start but you can avoid them by playing in draft where they'll be banned 70% of the time if not more. and you can dodge when they are not.

the game is good enough for you to give it a go if you feel like it, if you really don't like dota or LoL then there's nothing to it and no use beating a dead horse. but really if it was just the f2p issue then that would not be a good reason for you not to give it a go. it's nothing like the run of the mill f2p's. in fact i'd say the only perfect mainstream f2p's that i'm aware are: tf2 and dota2.

the LoL is that line between acceptable F2P and anything below i won't touch and will flame till my the grim reapers comes to meet me. i love BF but i'll only buy it when premium is at a good deal price just because i disapprove of EA's greed. that's the only game i'd be willing to buy at full price atm, but i won't after the launch mess. EA needs to learn and the only way to make myself heard to them is with my wallet. i have mixed feelings on DICE tho.

Well I'll take what you said into account with F2P in general... But yeah still no interest in LoL.

As far as EA being greedy goes, I agree 100%. They pulled some nasty crap a year or 2 ago with online passes and stuff, but at least that seems to have been resolved at this point. I put a bit of time into BF3 but it wasn't really for me. I'm more into the arcade type shooter (CoD) where it's focused on fast paced run and gun kill everything. BF is a great game series and I'll never talk down on it in a serious conversation, it's just not for me. I did hear about that launch problems but obviously they haven't affected me since I haven't even looked into BF4 at all.

I do hope EA doesn't taint Titanfall though... Because CoD is clearly on it's way out, and Destiny doesn't really interest me either.

Offline ShortSchoolBus

• U.S. Army -Who dares, wins.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ShortSchulBus
« Reply #9 on: 11:21 AM - 12/27/13 »
There is too much ADHD out there for COD to go away. Mindless run and gun.
For us old people, the BF series more realistic and cerebral. I enjoy playing with all my old Army buddies. The vehicle combat especially reminds us of what we really did. Unlike COD with a tactical nuke.
XIM4 Xim Edge
Xbox 360 Xbox One
Logitech G710+ Keyboard
Logitech G700s Mouse
Razer Vespula Pad
Astro A40

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #10 on: 01:48 PM - 12/27/13 »
titanfall is being talked as being the COD replacement. jsut saying, i neither agree nor disagree. actually no one can predict that. but it has some chances...

BF has TDM mode too, and 64vs64 on normal maps or 32vs32/16vs16 on the short versions maps is pretty action packed. you won't be able to move much without running into a choke point. but i get it that's it's just not for you, that pretty understandable. there are more shooters though but not on next gen atm...
soon..

Offline Zenigame96

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:53 PM - 12/27/13 »
There is too much ADHD out there for COD to go away. Mindless run and gun.
For us old people, the BF series more realistic and cerebral. I enjoy playing with all my old Army buddies. The vehicle combat especially reminds us of what we really did. Unlike COD with a tactical nuke.

Yeah as I said before there's nothing inherently "wrong" with Battlefield. It's a great game. DEFINITELY more realistic than CoD. But that's what I like about CoD. I like dropping Nukes on the playing field because I got 25 kills in a row. There's a certain glamour and shine to it that makes it fun to me. I like fake stuff. I actually have hated shooting real guns every time I've done it haha. To each their own though, I definitely respect our military brothers (both here and across the pond) and would never downplay the importance of what you guys do. CoD is not reality, not even close.

titanfall is being talked as being the COD replacement. jsut saying, i neither agree nor disagree. actually no one can predict that. but it has some chances...

BF has TDM mode too, and 64vs64 on normal maps or 32vs32/16vs16 on the short versions maps is pretty action packed. you won't be able to move much without running into a choke point. but i get it that's it's just not for you, that pretty understandable. there are more shooters though but not on next gen atm...

I'm looking at Titanfall as a CoD replacement. Whether or not that actually *happens* is another thing entirely. I'm hoping it does because MW2 was the best CoD in my opinion (not my favorite as I mentioned earlier, but probably the best.), and a lot of the guys who worked on that are bringing us Titanfall. Time will tell.

Offline phene

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: fauxmatic
« Reply #12 on: 02:55 PM - 12/27/13 »
I managed to get BF4, KZ, and AC4 from Amazon for a great deal ...but with no XIM ..my BF4 & KZ are sitting on a shelf, my ps4 is useless lol ...I haven't even popped in KZ to install it ...and the whole thing makes it feel like there's no games for PS4
PSN: fauxmatic | PS4
Chat: Turtle Beach P11 via USB
Setup: XIM4 . G502 . Sony Nav

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #13 on: 03:06 PM - 12/27/13 »
I'm looking at Titanfall as a CoD replacement. Whether or not that actually *happens* is another thing entirely. I'm hoping it does because MW2 was the best CoD in my opinion (not my favorite as I mentioned earlier, but probably the best.), and a lot of the guys who worked on that are bringing us Titanfall. Time will tell.

i think what you just said is *exactly* what most of the COD fans are saying or thinking. not only that but people are getting bored with the same things being done over and over and over again. so the twist of titans and parkour is being the minor difference that want to refresh the formula they love.

hype is off the charts thanks to MS and EA. fans are more than hooked. for an new unproven IP, the expectations and confidence put in that game is just overwhelming. if it falls flat this will be one titanic fall, but even if it remains failing and just close enough to what people want/expect that game will blow up. it will sell like the CODs or even better. we'll see. but i'm optimistic. and i don't have ANY interest in the game. to me it's a title to pick up for 5 if everyone says "it's the best game ever".

Destiny is my cup of tea. hoping it will be better than mediocre. if it manages to provide more challenge than Borderlands2 while not being broken or press mouse1 to win i'll be loving it. fun and laughs are what make borderlands2 such a success, destiny is a lot more serious but bungie has such a nice sense of humor, Halo1 had a great balance of that seriousness with a pint of humor. was a great game!
soon..

Offline Zenigame96

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03:23 PM - 12/27/13 »
if it falls flat this will be one titanic fall

I see what you did there  ;)