XIM Community

XIM 4 Mobile app  (Read 17943 times)

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
XIM 4 Mobile app
« on: 07:46 AM - 12/26/13 »
So I am a apple user when it comes to mobile devices, I already know that iOS support is coming but not right away. So I am thinking to go to Big Lots and get a 50 dollar POS android tablet just for the XIM4…Now most of these POS tablets are not “Google store certified” and will not be able to access the Google store. I know you can do some kind of side loading to go around it…now…will this app be available to download direct from your site to side load?

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Re: XIM 4 Mobile app
« Reply #1 on: 07:54 AM - 12/26/13 »
watch the video. if you hear real closely and you do not suffer from ADD you will get your answer. also you can just run android apps from PC using an emulator. also you can get android devices for lower if you really want to.
soon..

Offline imthebombticktick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:18 AM - 12/26/13 »
So I am a apple user when it comes to mobile devices, I already know that iOS support is coming but not right away. So I am thinking to go to Big Lots and get a 50 dollar POS android tablet just for the XIM4…Now most of these POS tablets are not “Google store certified” and will not be able to access the Google store. I know you can do some kind of side loading to go around it…now…will this app be available to download direct from your site to side load?
You don't even have to root for that. Go to settings and go to security and enable installing apps from unknown sources. Then just put the apk on your phone and use the file manager to find it and run it. Or download straight to your tablet from an online link and run it.

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:35 AM - 12/26/13 »
You don't even have to root for that. Go to settings and go to security and enable installing apps from unknown sources. Then just put the apk on your phone and use the file manager to find it and run it. Or download straight to your tablet from an online link and run it.

Good at least you understood my question...lol talk about people telling me I have ADD, is like the dead advising the sick.....That is my question to OBsIV...simple...Would you have a link on the site to download the APK and side load? that's all...i just don't want to waste 50 bucks buying a cheap tablet...

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #4 on: 09:06 AM - 12/26/13 »
no one told you anything, suggesting is not calling. and a little sense of humor may aid your cause.

OBsIV said in the video everything you asked, not our fault you can't pay attention. why should others answer when you are unable to watch a 5 minute video to get your answer?

other than others being kind or taking pity that is. but you waste more time writing useless stuff and you are not really that friendly so being kind gets thrown in front of the bus.
soon..

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:34 AM - 12/26/13 »
no one told you anything, suggesting is not calling. and a little sense of humor may aid your cause.

OBsIV said in the video everything you asked, not our fault you can't pay attention. why should others answer when you are unable to watch a 5 minute video to get your answer?

other than others being kind or taking pity that is. but you waste more time writing useless stuff and you are not really that friendly so being kind gets thrown in front of the bus.

Suggesting is just a cowardly excused of  calling out people

Nowhere in the video he mentioned how is the ANDROID app going to be deployed

People like to help, you just like to write 20 page posts with insults and no help…so maybe you should consider who is actually wasting time. So instead of wasting my time, I please nicely ask you… don’t post on any of my threads anymore. I don’t need your help, don’t want it and I am 100 percent sure I will have a much better experience here so please just don’t.

Thanks

Offline PlaDale

• MVP
    • View Profile
XIM 4 Mobile app
« Reply #6 on: 10:17 AM - 12/26/13 »
I believe it's android 2.3+ and yes you can side load apps (obsiv will make the apk available) without rooting so as long as it has Bluetooth and isn't super super @#$% you should be okay
I have a problem with rules and got myself banned. Again.

Offline Pelican

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:18 AM - 12/26/13 »
OBsIV said the android apk would be available on the website
I think the android and iOS app will be released around the exact same time so I don't think it will be worth buying another device for
XIM3
Xbox One + 360
Logitech G700 Mouse
Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 v1.0
Spherex Xbox 5.1 Omnipolar Surround Sound System

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:19 AM - 12/26/13 »
I believe it's android 2.3+ and yes you can side load apps (obsiv will make the apk available) without rooting so as long as it has Bluetooth and isn't super super @#$% you should be okay

yeah is very @#$%,  single core 1.2ghz, android 4.1... but only 39.99...My iPhone is a work phone and the MDM tell  them what apps i have...so...I want to stay away from using it actually... 8)

OBsIV said the android apk would be available on the website
I think the android and iOS app will be released around the exact same time so I don't think it will be worth buying another device for

Hmm...was that on the video? I watched that video like 5 times due to my ADD and I was not able to hear that part...But if you said he did then question answered...Thanks

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #9 on: 11:50 AM - 12/26/13 »
Suggesting is just a cowardly excused of  calling out people

Nowhere in the video he mentioned how is the ANDROID app going to be deployed

People like to help, you just like to write 20 page posts with insults and no help…so maybe you should consider who is actually wasting time. So instead of wasting my time, I please nicely ask you… don’t post on any of my threads anymore. I don’t need your help, don’t want it and I am 100 percent sure I will have a much better experience here so please just don’t.

Thanks

you are seriously telling me, the guy that has no problems insulting anyone when i feel like it no matter consequences, that i was being deliberately cowardly on picking my words? are you even serious? if i wanted to insult you i would. it's just that simple.

if my humor failed and it offended you, you could have said so, i'd have apologised. but the truth is different you're really deserving of more accurate and harsh insults.

helping is one thing, enabling someone who can't search for something is another. people get sick when the same thing is questioned 100 times a week, not saying it's this case.

btw great that you saw the video 5 times, even better is i don't need to help you as that means i don't need to quote OBsIV's answer. you amuse me how could that be wasting time? ahahah but you yourself said you wasted yours so i was right as confirmed by you.
soon..

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #10 on: 12:08 PM - 12/26/13 »
you can just use the windows app with bluetooth adapter as well i believe. :)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #11 on: 12:20 PM - 12/26/13 »
Correct, there is a Windows app too (is identical to the phone app). What version of Android does that $40 tablet run?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #12 on: 12:35 PM - 12/26/13 »
Correct, there is a Windows app too (is identical to the phone app). What version of Android does that $40 tablet run?

Most of those tablets run any version of android they just aren't "official" (IE didn't pay for the licensing fee) so they work but you can't connect to the google app store directly without some hacks...So I think he is hoping you'd just upload the app here too so he can download from here without the Google App Store headache.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #13 on: 12:36 PM - 12/26/13 »

he said 4.1 so it works.
soon..

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #14 on: 12:52 PM - 12/26/13 »
Yes, I can make the APK available for download. Its really easy -- you just click a link and it installs.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Admin