XIM Community

XIM4 on Engadget  (Read 6629 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM4 on Engadget
« Reply #15 on: 08:03 AM - 12/24/13 »
im sure michael gorman is part of this forum, may he be an active poster or just a reader

the article is short and good, a lot better than the previous media coverages xim had
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08:29 AM - 12/24/13 »
you guys are missing the point of pre-orders.

it prevents shortages as he can order the number of XIM4s pre-ordered and everyone gets theirs at the same time.

That all depends on the manufacturing company...they probably can only produce so many at first. also it depends how much money OBsIV wants to invest to produce them fast. so again pre-orders are ok but i still think that even with pre-orders he should pick and choose who gets them first...loyal customers should get first dips, then the rest....just a suggestion that's all

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #17 on: 08:35 AM - 12/24/13 »
im sure michael gorman is part of this forum, may he be an active poster or just a reader

the article is short and good, a lot better than the previous media coverages xim had

indeed. Michael, you there? we want to have a word with you. don't be coy we won't bite.
soon..

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #18 on: 08:45 AM - 12/24/13 »
you guys are missing the point of pre-orders.

it prevents shortages as he can order the number of XIM4s pre-ordered and everyone gets theirs at the same time.

That all depends on the manufacturing company...they probably can only produce so many at first. also it depends how much money OBsIV wants to invest to produce them fast. so again pre-orders are ok but i still think that even with pre-orders he should pick and choose who gets them first...loyal customers should get first dips, then the rest....just a suggestion that's all

i don't disagree at all. but you are looking at days difference couple weeks max so not something to worry about too much i guess.
soon..

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10:15 AM - 12/24/13 »
Judging by the thank you at the bottom of the post, I don't think Mr. Gorman is a member here.  He thanks someone named Nicholas, who I imagine tipped him off to the XIM4.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10:23 AM - 12/24/13 »
That sounds like the perfect cover for an Engadget writer on our forum wanting to stay anonymous.  :P
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline PlaDale

• MVP
    • View Profile
XIM4 on Engadget
« Reply #21 on: 10:30 AM - 12/24/13 »
I think every XIM iteration has been on Engadget

I know 2 was, and his pre XIM wiimote/halo, I think XIM3 was, edge not sure
I have a problem with rules and got myself banned. Again.

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
XIM4 on Engadget
« Reply #22 on: 10:31 AM - 12/24/13 »
Unless OBsIV anonymously pointed him towards the announcement. Sneaky bastard! :P
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #23 on: 10:42 AM - 12/24/13 »
Edge wasn't i'm almost sure as i read engaget daily back then. but 3 i think was, not sure but fairly confident. google could help us if it was worth it.

i'm wondering about these things, OBsIV seems to have a plan for marketing believe it or not. seems to me it wasn't him that tipped Engaget but i hope he does make the rounds in gaming sites once the device is ready. eurogamer, kotaku, polygon, ign and gamespot are a huge media exposure.

unless OB is allergic to money or something he should want the exposure. a lot of sales will come from that.
soon..

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: fahlynn
« Reply #24 on: 11:09 AM - 12/24/13 »
I see the comments on there are all pretty positive too, usually you get a bunch of people moaning about the unfair advantage of M/k.

All kinds of whining there now.

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
« Reply #25 on: 11:17 AM - 12/24/13 »
Unless OBsIV anonymously pointed him towards the announcement. Sneaky bastard! :P
This one made me LOL :D
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #26 on: 11:17 AM - 12/24/13 »
whiners are not morning persons i see. well makes sense.  ;D
soon..

Offline PlaDale

• MVP
    • View Profile
XIM4 on Engadget
« Reply #27 on: 11:27 AM - 12/24/13 »
Engadget comments are a joke, always have been. Most of the idiots followed them to The Verge unfortunately
I have a problem with rules and got myself banned. Again.

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
« Reply #28 on: 11:30 AM - 12/24/13 »
Call me selfish but I'd rather have no crazy notoriety on this till we all get our first lol.

I realize that isn't realistic but just saying what I feel in my gut. But for OBsIV news like this is a good thing for his XIM business and I can understand that.

Selfish bastard!   I think for a lot of us (myself definitely included) have the same thoughts looming in our mind.  Want the Xim4 press but I just want to make sure I get mine and don't have to wait like in Xim3.     
Yes I am a selfish bastard too and proud of it.
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #29 on: 11:38 AM - 12/24/13 »
Engadget comments are a joke, always have been. Most of the idiots followed them to The Verge unfortunately

Preach brother!
soon..