XIM Community

We need MAC os support  (Read 7474 times)

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Re: We need MAC os support
« Reply #15 on: 12:20 PM - 12/24/13 »
corporations and servers are out of the question. the only ones that run Mac are things connected to design, audio, image or video work.

servers are Linux territory, windows takes the left overs ^^

ninja on desktops and laptops Apple did gain a lot of ground on Windows. they used to barely exist and now they take a small chunk. it's a respectable amount given that most of it is due to the wrong reasons like being "hip" and all.
soon..

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #16 on: 12:39 PM - 12/24/13 »
Yeah, I own a new macbook pro now...MAC SUPPORT RIGHT MEOW!~

LAWLS, VMWare Fusion/Parallels/VirtualBox(free) it works just fine with that i can always deal

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xaanit
« Reply #17 on: 12:52 PM - 12/24/13 »
When you say a chunk...its an incredibly small chunk.

It is just that simple.

MAC is not relevent. Its hip people buy it..yet people pay 3k for a laptop they will never get full use out of so they can email their friends and facebook because its cool.

I am just saying. When it comes to anyone with half a brain with desktops or laptops.

There is rarely if ever any reason to go with mac. It has no real benefits over PC..but PC has ton over mac...

Majority of microsofts sales are business..volume licensing, corporate PC's and servers.

Believe it or not the home user is not where a majority of their profit comes from.

For this reason alone apple will never beat microsoft. It will never be worth having on anything.

APplie did a few good things..IPHONEs...IPADS....and ITUNES.

Thats about it.

But even then I now use an android..a nexus table...and xbox music....so.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #18 on: 12:58 PM - 12/24/13 »
Yeah, I own a new macbook pro now...MAC SUPPORT RIGHT MEOW!~

LAWLS, VMWare Fusion/Parallels/VirtualBox(free) it works just fine with that i can always deal

i really don't understand why not do that. imagine the situation reversed, VMs on windows are such BS compared to running win on Mac, these guys seem to have no idea..
soon..

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #19 on: 01:01 PM - 12/24/13 »
MAC is not relevent. Its hip people buy it..yet people pay 3k for a laptop they will never get full use out of so they can email their friends and facebook because its cool.

I am just saying. When it comes to anyone with half a brain with desktops or laptops.

There is rarely if ever any reason to go with mac. It has no real benefits over PC..but PC has ton over mac...

LOL, we buy them for iOS development at my company.  Also since I work in a PCI complaint environment we are always concerned about security of users with permissions beyond most.  Because of this my new mac was bought for me :)

i really don't understand why not do that. imagine the situation reversed, VMs on windows are such BS compared to running win on Mac, these guys seem to have no idea..

Yeah, installing windows xp VM is free now-a-days completely and takes about 15 minutes to get up and running on Mac OS  X...So 15 minutes of your time is worth it to let the XIM team work on something that benefits the masses.  Mac support would need to be written by a 3rd party if at all due to the intellectual properties at stake here.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #20 on: 01:20 PM - 12/24/13 »
it's not even that it just takes 15 minutes. it's fairly stable and seamless compared to the bug/crash fest of windows. and that's something to consider as bricking the XIM may cause loss of hard worked configs. happened to me already on native win7 due to it lagging/crashing USB processes for some odd reason and me not noticing it and disconnecting the cable.

i had to redo 16 configs, some of which were quite hard to put together due to bind effectiveness studies and me not accurately memorising everything since i thought i'd never need to.
soon..

Offline xMetuZx

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xMetuZx
  • PSN ID: xMetuZx
« Reply #21 on: 01:20 PM - 12/24/13 »
I'm still stuck on the whole "as big or bigger than windows" part of the post.

^^ lol! I was thinking the same thing too lol

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
Re: Re: We need MAC os support
« Reply #22 on: 03:29 PM - 12/24/13 »
it's not even that it just takes 15 minutes. it's fairly stable and seamless compared to the bug/crash fest of windows. and that's something to consider as bricking the XIM may cause loss of hard worked configs. happened to me already on native win7 due to it lagging/crashing USB processes for some odd reason and me not noticing it and disconnecting the cable.

i had to redo 16 configs, some of which were quite hard to put together due to bind effectiveness studies and me not accurately memorising everything since i thought i'd never need to.

I can't remember the last time I had a crash or bug on my Windows machine that was OS related. 100% of my issues have been due to failing hardware.

Mac are not THAT amazing. In many ways they are less secure than Windows.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xaanit
« Reply #23 on: 03:50 PM - 12/24/13 »
Macs are inhertinatly less secure than windows. Partly because people dont really attempt to hack them because anything worth hacking runs windows..servers...etc

Linux is by far the most secure...and I am probably the only nerd who dual boots his laptop into linux / windows

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04:05 PM - 12/24/13 »
It is as big or bigger than windows.

Yep, sounds legit. 
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Re: Re: We need MAC os support
« Reply #25 on: 04:05 PM - 12/24/13 »

I can't remember the last time I had a crash or bug on my Windows machine that was OS related. 100% of my issues have been due to failing hardware.

Mac are not THAT amazing. In many ways they are less secure than Windows.

i wasn't speaking of windows native ran PCs, i meant windows VMs and the like. it's very very easy and stable to run win on the side of OSX, try to run OSX alongside windows and then tell me how that goes. that was what i meant. i use windows for various reasons and Linux. my PC runs smooth no issues on windows but occasionally there are bugs or stuff related to software. i don't have hardware problems often, years go by without issue. i know what you mean, but still software on OSX runs a lot more smoothly, i can crash a windows PC easily.

not Ninja you are not, my PC is a laptop and runs exactly like that. i run various drives though, so there's a drive for each thing. mSata for Linux, SSD SATAiii for win and HDD in place of the optical drive for dumping stuff, perfect setup.
soon..

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #26 on: 04:06 PM - 12/24/13 »
how funny is it that the less secure is the open platform ninja? i know it has only to do with userbase but still, it's funny.
soon..

Offline Xenon

• MVP
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xenonshot
« Reply #27 on: 03:43 PM - 12/25/13 »
It is as big or bigger than windows. Why has this never been a feature for the next gen xim?

just hire a bunch of interns for a month to port it and voila

for the lolz...for realz tho you actually really think so?

ps. i own both mac and windows machines and the only thing my mac is good for is looking "pretty" on both the software and hardware front....

pps. saaariooously tho, you real do think so huh lol...
I rRrRR 133337Zorz

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09:29 AM - 12/26/13 »
Yeah for windows it must be the inner values that count LOL
Crusade atm: none

Offline stoneyftw

• MVP
    • View Profile
We need MAC os support
« Reply #29 on: 10:30 AM - 12/26/13 »
I'll chime in and simply say that the business sector definitely rolls with windows (as its desktop choice) but in the education sector where my wife is an elementary school teacher, I can say that almost every single student she runs across ha a firm grasp of Mac OS, and almost no windows knowledge at all.

All her college friends(who are also elementary teachers), have Mac in the classroom as a standard.

That being said, as a Mac user myself(and former staunch PC Snob), I use the free VirtualBox from Oracle to run Windows on my Mac whenever I need to tweak my XIM stuff.

It's not completely ideal, and it's far from native support, but it works.

Admin