XIM Community

Other products giving up on PS4  (Read 6452 times)

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
Other products giving up on PS4
« on: 10:02 PM - 12/22/13 »
I have used another mouse controller for years but it appears they aren't up to the challenge of making their new offering work on PS4.  I really hope XIM can get it going for those of us who don't want to switch to Xbox.
- PS4 - XIM4 - G502 (12k dpi / 500 report rate) - Sony Nav - ASUS MX279H -

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
Re: Other products giving up on PS4
« Reply #1 on: 10:22 PM - 12/22/13 »
You've come to the right place my friend. If anyone can make it happen its Obs and company. I too once followed Tuact  ;)

Make sure you check in tmw evening when Obs uncovers the XIM 4.

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
« Reply #2 on: 11:03 PM - 12/22/13 »
Welcome!  It will get done here if it can be done.  I am pretty confident it will be as well.  I have a feeling it will be here sooner than. Later
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline Leftfieldgenecide

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PhenoType1
« Reply #3 on: 02:24 AM - 12/23/13 »
^ I agree aswell, have a funny feeling in my bones.

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:57 AM - 12/23/13 »
I really want this not just for us but for OBsIV and crew, mainly because I like OBsIV's character and the way he carries himself and truly he comes across as a gentleman and he deserves success in this imo.

He's a likeable human being and wish him and crew success!
Be humble

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:08 AM - 12/23/13 »
I really want this not just for us but for OBsIV and crew, mainly because I like OBsIV's character and the way he carries himself and truly he comes across as a gentleman and he deserves success in this imo.

^

Also I would add, the whole xim crew are gentleman and scholers, who I tip my hat to daily.

Merry Christmas to ALL.

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:35 AM - 12/23/13 »
I certainly agree wholeheartedly with 3MIX_Edge's post, I root for OBsIV and the XIM team because they are genuinely good people.

But I'm not sure I agree with everyone's positive outlook in this thread. I have this uneasy feeling that none of these products are going to crack this PS4 BT authentication/checksum problem.

Yes, that would include the fine folks here at XIM as well.

I truly do hope I'm wrong and I'm obviously pulling for them to come up with a solution but I fear it isn't going to come and if it does it wont be for a long time.

Beta more than likely will only be on XBO and not on PS4 and I hope the dreaded day doesn't come when it's announced that they are giving up on PS4 and just going with XBO.

I want to restate once more that I hope my gut feeling is dead wrong, I'm pulling like no other for this to get cracked and done.

My OCD kicks in and I keep playing the scenario of it not getting resolved over & over in my head lol. Yea, I have issues.   :P
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:48 AM - 12/23/13 »
^

Boltman where there's a will there's a way,

And I can wholeheartedly agree with the OCD disorder I love a good clean gaming surface, mouse, keyboard, dinning table, work tops, cups, hands etc etc I can go on all day.

Offline coldrushy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:31 AM - 12/23/13 »
I think there's been a general misunderstanding with the development of XIM4 and PS4. My understanding (and this is based on what's been written and reading the tea leaves) is that the BETA to test the XIM4 SOFTWARE is the only component of XIM4's development that is leaving PS4 behind. Given the necessary bluetooth hardware needed, I don't think it made sense to waste time getting the XIM Edge to talk with PS4 for purposes of the BETA.

And my understanding of this whole XIM Edge BETA was two-part: 1) To test the XIM4 SOFTWARE given the similarities of the hardware between Edge and XIM 4; and 2) To appease the fanatics on this forum who don't want to wait for the development of XIM4.

I don't know where people got the impression that the XIM4 Development and XIM4 Delivery was being catered to X1 first and then PS4 after the fact. The only thing I've read from anyone who is involved was that the BETA was being scraped for PS4 so they could focus on finishing the XIM4 software. In fact, I've read a few comments by Obsiv and OMGus over the last few weeks that would suggest positives for XIM4 + PS4 Delivery. Prime example: Bluetooth capability and the fact that they were recently able to get the XIM4 to talk to other devices.

So in my mind, the chain of events are thus: Development of XIM4 prototype concurrently with XIM4 software -> BETA with X1 and Edge Users -> Final Developments of XIM4 prototype concurrently with XIM4 software based on Beta Feedback -> Delivery of XIM4 to both X1 and PS4 customers.

That all being said, I could be wrong because I haven't see anything definitive. Some of this is just based on reasonable inference. Hopefully the announcement later today sheds some light on this. But either way, I wouldn't buy into some of the comments being made by some of the people on this forum that X1 delivery of XIM4 would be Spring 2014 while the PS4 delivery of XIM4 would be Summertime (or later).

Offline Soulo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:20 AM - 12/23/13 »
^^^^^
Agreed.  There was a post waaaaay back and I am about 90% sure on this that Obsiv said he wasn't worried about the PS4.  That being said even if they did have it done now it still may not be a good idea to release a ps4 beta seeing as they would be the first to do so.  I am sure someone out there may try and steal the info and work done.   Hopefully I am not wrong and did not read between the lines correctly.  I just haven't seen anywhere where they said they were having major issues with PS4.   

I also agree with 3mix and have always gotten nothing but positive information about obsiv and team.  All of them are really nice people, respectful and obsiv has the patience of a saint or something.  Just class acts.

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:09 AM - 12/23/13 »
xim4 is a multi-console device with the primary intention to support xbox one and ps4 right out of the box
thats how obsiv stated it some weeks ago
the xim 4 edge beta is different from that and has nothing to do with the release and support of the xim4

if there are people that do believe xim4 for Xbox One will release in Spring 2014 and PS4 will come Q2 or Q3, well those are wrong :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #11 on: 11:18 AM - 12/23/13 »
if there are people that do believe xim4 for Xbox One will release in Spring 2014 and PS4 will come Q2 or Q3, well those are wrong :)

:)
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | M: Superlight Pro | KB: Azeron Cyborg | Mouse Pad: Artisan | Audio: THX AAA 789 | Mic: Shure SM7B

Rig -
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x
Mobo: Crosshair VIII
GPU: 3080Ti ftw3
RAM: Trident Z Royal DDR4 32GB
PSU: Thermaltake 850w
HDD: 2x 1TB WD Black, 250G 870 Samsung, 1TB WDCB
Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436 144hz

Offline Soulo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:18 AM - 12/23/13 »
Boom!  You heard it here first folks!  I kind of assumed that anyway.  There's a lot of hype all over the place.  I see it as unless obsiv states he's having an issue I am not worried I guess.  Still the concern was in the back of my mind as well.

I am refreshing and trolling the @#$% outta this place today.

Offline Chance

• MVP
  • I use the XIM because I broke my right thumb.
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
  • Gamertag: Chance SL
  • PSN ID: Chance_SL
« Reply #13 on: 11:21 AM - 12/23/13 »

This.  8)
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
---------------------------------------------------
Mouse-pad: SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad (Black)
Delay: 120

PC & Xbox 360 Slim 320 GB HDD
---------------------------------------------------

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Chance_SL/

PC: Yes.
360: Yes.
PS3: No.
PS4: Maybe.
XBONE: Never.

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #14 on: 11:26 AM - 12/23/13 »
OBsIV needs to wake up and make a post :'(
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | M: Superlight Pro | KB: Azeron Cyborg | Mouse Pad: Artisan | Audio: THX AAA 789 | Mic: Shure SM7B

Rig -
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x
Mobo: Crosshair VIII
GPU: 3080Ti ftw3
RAM: Trident Z Royal DDR4 32GB
PSU: Thermaltake 850w
HDD: 2x 1TB WD Black, 250G 870 Samsung, 1TB WDCB
Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436 144hz

Admin