XIM Community

XB1 - increase clarity and reduce TV response time - how to in one step  (Read 7137 times)

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
The Xbox one calibration says to turn game mode on,
sorry but its time to leave.... goodbye all!

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
The calibration you mentioned is built into the Xbox One. It will walk you through the settings step by step.

Yes there is a calibration tool on the Xbone but it is very limited and lacks a few tools.  Still better than nothing and calibration is good.  Especially if you will be watching TV through it.
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline Soulo

• MVP
    • View Profile
I would suggest going to avsforums.com if you want real detailed answers to questions that everyone is talking about in this thread.  In that forum those guys are serious about a/v stuff like we are about our xim and kbm lol

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
^^^^^  This!

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline Pelican

• View Profile
« Last Edit: 12:37 AM - 12/23/13 by Pelican »
XIM3
Xbox One + 360
Logitech G700 Mouse
Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 v1.0
Spherex Xbox 5.1 Omnipolar Surround Sound System

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
Yeah, that's unfortunately not the right answer bob...

How to: Reduce response time on any TV or monitor...

Step 1: Get the model number of your Monitor or TV
Step 2: Google "[Insert model number here] input latency"
Step 3: Follow the steps on the infinite websites about your specific device.

Each Model and Brand have their own speed increases...

In general, on LCD and LED TVs that use higher refresh rates like 120Hz cause input latency from the processing part!  It is better to put on game mode, then change things to be as PC like as your TV can get because this will make it not need to do processing since the PC does all the processing normally.

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xaanit
Or just use a monitor and not a TV.

I just bought a new BENQ 27 inch for gaming but i also bought a 27 Inch AOC monitor for cheap as my second monitor.

And to be 100% honest if both are in game mode I see zero difference between the two or feel a difference between the two.

Eventhough one is 2ms and the other is 5ms.

I only really see a difference on PC games.

To be entirely honest for console practically any monitor out there is good enough

TV's not so much...I will never play a video game on a TV that requires any form of reaction time or precision. Parly because my screen is 70' and too @#$% big to play on.

Offline Soulo

• MVP
    • View Profile
Ninja is right!  I have a very similar setup.  I only play fps ganes on my 21" Asus monitor at my desk. I play games like God of war or SP shooters on my 150" and not because of lag . Yes the screen is just way to freaking big to play fps online well.
« Last Edit: 11:51 AM - 12/23/13 by Soulo »

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
I think the only reason I feel a difference on PC games ie because the BENq I have is 120hz.

But thats pointless for consoles.

I mean I know people like to complain about delay. I notice a bit of a jump going from VGA cables to HDMI...but hardly painful.

But I notice NO difference on the 2ms versus the 5ms monitor...maybe I am just weird.

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
shrug in March when I buy an xbone i'll be buying one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/400528104905?lpid=82 and continuing to use VGA with my headphones.

Offline Pelican

• View Profile
shrug in March when I buy an xbone i'll be buying one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/400528104905?lpid=82 and continuing to use VGA with my headphones.
Dude what? Don't use VGA. Are you high?
XIM3
Xbox One + 360
Logitech G700 Mouse

Offline PlaDale

• MVP
    • View Profile

What exactly are you planning to do with that?
I have a problem with rules and got myself banned. Again.

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
plug it into my TV, this gets me less input lag (from my TV as it doesn't process the image as much).  VGA is awesome, don't know why you'd think i'm high.  I am high but that's beyond this argument.

Offline Pelican

• View Profile
plug it into my TV, this gets me less input lag (from my TV as it doesn't process the image as much).  VGA is awesome, don't know why you'd think i'm high.  I am high but that's beyond this argument.
Does your TV/monitor have HDMI ?

Also, who or what information are you basing your VGA decision off of?

All you're doing is making your gaming quality worse. Using VGA doesn't tell your TV/monitor to preprocess less of the source from your console.

HDMI does not introduce or cause input lag.

« Last Edit: 11:48 AM - 12/24/13 by Pelican »
XIM3
Xbox One + 360
Logitech G700 Mouse

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
VGA has less response time than HDMI...everyone knows this...not sure what you are on about pelican.

Obviously converting the signal is a bad idea...but with the 360 the vga is far superior to hdmi. with the vga cable.

Admin