XIM Community

The only way Ghosts could be saved for me.....  (Read 4673 times)

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: The only way Ghosts could be saved for me.....
« Reply #45 on: 01:36 PM - 12/20/13 »
Well obviously it isnt fine. Because when you have too many players on 1 server, the communication starts delaying. You cant send information to all 150 players at the same millisecond from only 1 server. While it might be able to handle the task fromt he hardware standpoint, you have the issue that data packets start queuing and the players dont receive the needed data in time. When the packets are delayed by 1-4 frames, thats like 16ms-72ms (not counting the physical connection lag, just packet queuing), thas when having dedicated servers is not better than p2p.

In fact p2p can even be way better than dedicated servers, where multiple instances run on 1 server. When I host in MW3 or any other COD, everyone of my clanmates has close to perfect connection. Their ping to me is like 25 milliseconds on average or better. And hosting a game with only 12 players is no problem for my connection at all. Its a fibreoptic 50/10 with almost LAN quality ping to most of the servers in the country.

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #46 on: 01:38 PM - 12/20/13 »
That's only if there is one physical NIC.  Which there isn't.

And for the record... the Listen Server model (p2p as people most often mistakenly call it) is perfectly fine and viable.  It begins to fail when you throw the cluster @#$% that is USA/EU/AUS telecom systems at it.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline Shrimpanzee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shrimpanzee
« Reply #47 on: 01:42 PM - 12/20/13 »
The only way this game can be saved for me is if they give me more C4. It's a constant struggle for me not being able to replenish my holiday gifts. Being limited to 2 presents every life is pretty miserable. This game has made me a terrible Santa. At least they let me knit a Christmas sweater around my riot shield.... *sigh*

I go all out mayne!
« Last Edit: 01:47 PM - 12/20/13 by Shrimpanzee »