XIM Community

Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (W11cE Device)  (Read 109677 times)

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (WIP)
« Reply #720 on: 12:00 AM - 02/28/14 »
I wish I could see the wires cool like your 7 year old' instead I saw them like a spider web and backed out lol

Offline bafs

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 07:01 PM - 03/01/14 »
Anyone willing to ship to Australia, costs covered, please PM me.
Cheers!

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 12:09 AM - 03/02/14 »
Everyone, do not buy a WD any more, the beta covering PS4 is imminent. I mean if Obsiv does not decide weirdly which happens some times. Either way a XIM4 Q1 or early Q2 seems very possible. The competition are coming out with their solutions and I am sure Obsiv does not want to stand behind.
Crusade atm: none

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #723 on: 02:31 AM - 03/02/14 »
What Roads says, I love my WD and won't be getting a Xim 4 until late 2014 even if it comes out Q2 but little point in ordering a WD now ... the progress made since the hori released makes a ps4 supporting Xim 4E beta seem really close!

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 02:34 AM - 03/02/14 »
http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=31335.msg398428#msg398428

The guy made it without the Hori, something the CM hackers and Obsiv could not do.

Offline riggidy

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: 10:21 AM - 03/02/14 »
I disagree ... Get one done and play now.  From reading about the new breakthroughs you have to dedicate a ds4 since it steals the bluetooth address and spoofs it.  This is something you will always be able to do with the WD.  Just because it has a bunch of wires coming out doesnt take away ds4 authentication functionality.   I still use my xim2 as the controller for authentication on my edge. 
On a side note, you cannot authenticate a ds4 twice on the same ps4 so im assuming you are dedicating a ds4 to the setup anyways. 

#2... You can hook up a ds3 or xbox controller and use it in game. In other words, you do not lose a controller. 

I've been playing War Thunder on the ps4 and being able to swap sticks (mode 2 for you rc geeks like me) via the WD has been priceless.  Just swap a couple wires and viola.

The only reason not to do it is if you are tight on money, which is totally understandable.  I understand we are possibly right around the corner from awesomeness but there is still no date. 

The WD is a very cool device which is software upgradeable via the teensy.
« Last Edit: 10:26 AM - 03/02/14 by riggidy »

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: 10:57 AM - 03/02/14 »
If you can do it yourself then of course do it. Otherwise in current situation I would spend the money for the XIM4 and some games. Sure I will hoockup a controller through the WD later to play non KBAM games. Cmon.

Offline riggidy

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: 10:58 AM - 03/02/14 »
One last issue which was somewhat confirmed ... The current breakthroughs (other than using a hori) may have legal issues since they involve spoofing a sony product.  WD = legal. 

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 11:05 AM - 03/02/14 »
Maybe its time Obsiv makes a Ximmi like the Hori. 

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (WIP)
« Reply #729 on: 02:55 PM - 03/02/14 »
One last issue which was somewhat confirmed ... The current breakthroughs (other than using a hori) may have legal issues since they involve spoofing a sony product.  WD = legal.

I'm Legal!!!

:D
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (WIP)
« Reply #730 on: 03:12 PM - 03/02/14 »

I'm Legal!!!

Oh yeah! You got nothin to worry abt plus you will have standard translators to play with.

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: 04:44 PM - 03/02/14 »

Thats my favourite part about the w11ce device. The standards
I'm Legal!!!

Oh yeah! You got nothin to worry abt plus you will have standard translators to play with.

Offline AusRED5

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AusRED5
  • PSN ID: AusRED5
« Reply #732 on: 04:41 AM - 03/03/14 »
XIM4 - G502 - Razer Blackwidow

XBOX ONE
PS4 Pro

Offline cvccbum

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 11:22 AM - 03/03/14 »
anyone looking for one of these still? I have one built by riggidy and it has the newest firmware loaded. works prefectly. PM me if you want it to buy it - US only.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: 11:39 AM - 03/03/14 »
2 Months without KBAM? Huuuuuuh...

Admin