XIM Community

Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (W11cE Device)  (Read 109756 times)

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (WIP)
« Reply #675 on: 04:23 PM - 02/20/14 »
Hey - Quick question. Im playing ghosts on ps4 and have my ST as the ps3 one, using a wired xbox 360 controller. It seems like i have a good calibration, but whenever i try to look straight up or straight down in Hip fire, my aim drifts right slightly... I created the digital version of the w11ce device, so no analog sticks.

Any thoughts?
Could be interference from Y pot, but if it is really noticeable then this cant be it.

Alrighty, after getting my fill of titanfall beta I finally got my lazy butt around to finishing the wire up on this. So far so good, tested it in BF4 campaign, everything seems to work  ;D

Was worried for a sec since joy.cpl was showing some slight jitter on the Z-axis but it doesnt seem to translate into the actual game, so yay   :)

A big THANK YOU to W11cE for this tut, and thanks to everyone who posted information they learned while building theirs, no more fps withdrawal for me, I love you guys  :-*.
You are welcome, nice you got it working :)

Riggidy wait what the Hori Controller will do. If it works wired then the Edge beta can do PS4 within a week.
He said this where? I have understood this does not affect beta at all since obsiv does not want poeple to buy 3rd party controller.

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #676 on: 05:17 PM - 02/20/14 »
Whilst Roads kindly built my WD (thanks), I must also give thanks to W11ce ... seriously your genius has actually allowed me to use my PS4. I'm still pants, but at least I'm a comfortable pants.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: 11:27 PM - 02/20/14 »
W11ce check his messages. He did say he prefers wired. He asked about the Thrustmaster wheel and he will try the Hori. Its much less work for him and be sure he makes us buy a 3d party controller if thatís the case.
Crusade atm: none

Offline Syko7

• View Profile
« Reply #678 on: 04:54 AM - 02/24/14 »
Is anyone willing to make this ds4 mod for me and sell it on ebay? name your price.

Offline riggidy

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: 10:20 AM - 02/24/14 »
Ebay fees kill any thought of selling them on there.  They are already expensive to build parts wise.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (WIP)
« Reply #680 on: 04:53 PM - 02/24/14 »
Anyone from Europe/UK looking for 1?? PM me with offers :)

I have the Boxed version with the newest firmware installed

Picture
http://www7.pic-upload.de/25.01.14/qt8iugagbm3.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/959x719q90/197/4eyf.jpg

Gameplay of it in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J77nirJEk_M&HD=1
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline sp0t619

• View Profile
« Reply #681 on: 09:16 PM - 02/24/14 »
For those interested in a w11ce device,  I'm nearly finished with my current batch of orders and will be making more this weekend. PM me for more details. I will ship to anyone within US only.

Offline r0b

• Ruler of the Interwebs
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: FoaIey
  • PSN ID: FoaIey
« Reply #682 on: 03:07 AM - 02/27/14 »
For those interested in a w11ce device,  I'm nearly finished with my current batch of orders and will be making more this weekend. PM me for more details. I will ship to anyone within US only.
Sent you a PM, thanks man!
PSN: FoaIey /// XBOX: FoaIey /// Origin: FoaIey /// XIM: 3/E/4e/4

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: 08:23 AM - 02/27/14 »
I am willing to give my fw900 monitor to whoever can make me a W11ce device. My fw900 is in excellent condition . I will even deliver it or meet whoever is around ny state.
« Last Edit: 08:29 AM - 02/27/14 by mikael »

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: 09:14 AM - 02/27/14 »
Just buy one from spot619 he makes em cheap as I read.
Crusade atm: none

Offline Bronxstalker

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: 10:03 AM - 02/27/14 »
As a complete noob to this, and coming from someone that is having a hard time finding an affordable xim edge....can this method be used using a eagle eye?

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: 10:15 AM - 02/27/14 »
I know roads its just that i already spent $70 on the parts plus the ds4 and im stuck. 

Offline cvccbum

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: 10:27 AM - 02/27/14 »
As a complete noob to this, and coming from someone that is having a hard time finding an affordable xim edge....can this method be used using a eagle eye?

i've tested it with eagle eye and it works.

Offline Bronxstalker

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: 10:41 AM - 02/27/14 »

Wow, so i could potentially be able to use mouse/keyboard on PS4?

God, I'm looking through the instructions, wondering if it's worth me trying it, or having someone build it for me (depending on cost).

Offline cvccbum

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: 10:44 AM - 02/27/14 »

Wow, so i could potentially be able to use mouse/keyboard on PS4?

God, I'm looking through the instructions, wondering if it's worth me trying it, or having someone build it for me (depending on cost).

yep. basicly any device that works on PS3 or XBOX 360 will work on PS4 with this mod.