XIM Community

Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (W11cE Device)  (Read 108869 times)

Offline Spicy Noodles

• View Profile
Re: Tut: USB -> DualShock 4 adapter mod (WIP)
« Reply #645 on: 03:25 AM - 02/18/14 »
Cool I'll just stick with #1 then, wasn't important or anything I just have a messed up mind that tends to get stuck focusing on small details instead of the larger picture, so once I saw people using alternate grounding points my mind kept wondering about it, and I had to ask to get rid of that nagging feeling of not knowing.

Offline AusRED5

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AusRED5
  • PSN ID: AusRED5
« Reply #646 on: 03:41 AM - 02/18/14 »
What others choose is probably fine, but they may have other reasons why they chose an alternative grounding. Such as enclosure setup or placements of components.
Just keep it simple for yourself by following the schematics.
Either way, no harm in asking questions. ;)
XIM4 - G502 - Razer Blackwidow

XBOX ONE
PS4 Pro

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: 05:20 AM - 02/18/14 »
A question for W11cE or Roads or any other who wants to chime in, the options button on the ds4 = the start button on the ds3 and also in the arduino program ?, if so when in joy.Cpl and the start button is pushed on the xbox360 controller and it responds in the joy.cpl program so all is good, but once attached to the ps4 it fails to respond any thoughts.
If it works in joy.cpl, it should work on PS4 too. Does other buttons work on PS4 when start is not?

Alright so I have a dumb question, or rather a question that's coming from someone dumb about electronics, and I might as well ask it now since I'm rewiring everything anyway.

So in the schematic I see the DS4 grounding point (Labeled as 1 in the photo below), but in photos of peoples builds sometimes I see them ignore 1 and choose 2 instead, or 2+3, are 1, 2, 3 all interchangeable, and it doesn't really matter which one you use, as long as it's one of those three choices?

Dont use 2 or 3. I used those on the first mod and was confused why some mcps didnt work. Grounding to those was the reason. 1 and other legs of the pot are reliable grounding points.

Offline RDC

• View Profile
« Reply #648 on: 01:59 PM - 02/18/14 »
The #2 and #3 spots are the Grounds for the Rumble motors, but they are switched on/off to turn the Motors on off, so they're not a constant Ground and anyone using them doesn't have a working mod. As others have already stated, use the #1 spot, or any of the 4 solder lugs of either of the Sticks.

The B connection in the schematic is also Ground.

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #649 on: 01:14 AM - 02/19/14 »
Any one using a WD with a xim3? Be good to chat through settings. The device works just great (thanks Roads) I'm just a bit out of touch with my Xim 3, it's been about two years since I last used it! Trawling the forum to catch up but sometimes it's just quicker to exchange some PMs.

Cheers

:)

Offline Leftfieldgenecide

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PhenoType1
« Reply #650 on: 09:49 AM - 02/19/14 »
W11cE, my device after calibration as said before was out of sync, but rewireing the ground as the same as the pic above last week sorted the problem, and the problem with the select button infact turned out to be the triangle button wire had come loose from the teensy board, so I resoldered it back and all is good in the hood now, but puzzling that triangle would affect the start button not responding, maybe the wire touching certain points freaked the device out but as I said all is working fine now on my second unit which works like a charm. pulp get your mic working and hit me up on the ps4 chat and I'll run through some settings with you over the network mate.
« Last Edit: 09:58 AM - 02/19/14 by Leftfieldgenecide »

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: 12:44 PM - 02/19/14 »
Hey w11ce,  im planning to do your ds4 mod and im about to buy the rdc board but im a total noob about this whole thing. Would you be able to tell me wich steps do i skip from your tutorial since the rdc mod is supposed to make it easier and skip sone of the hard parts. I just with there was a tutorial improvised for the rdc board. Thanks in advance!

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #652 on: 01:06 PM - 02/19/14 »
Cheers Leftfield, I should be on a bit later. Think I've sorted my mic.

Offline RDC

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: 01:14 PM - 02/19/14 »
This has been answered a few times now in PMs.

The PCB only takes place of installing the 8 MCP4151 Digital Potentiometers. There's no need for any kind of updated tutorial as it's only a hardware change to simplify that portion of the install.

NOTE: The B pad is not connected as it's just another Ground spot, so as long as GND is connected to Ground, then that B spot can be left alone, or connected to Ground as well, either way.
(All credit to W11cE for the diagram, original is on page 7)

If that confuses you, then just go about it the 'normal' way as described in the thread and shown in the wiring diagram on page 7, or wait for riggidy and/or AusRED5 to chime in after they have messed with their PCBs.

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 01:28 PM - 02/19/14 »
Thank you rdc.  I will go ahead with this

Offline AusRED5

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AusRED5
  • PSN ID: AusRED5
« Reply #655 on: 01:46 PM - 02/19/14 »
Thanks RDC, I can't wait!
Tho, I'm glad I did because I'm getting this beauti! :)
XIM4 - G502 - Razer Blackwidow

XBOX ONE
PS4 Pro

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 01:54 PM - 02/19/14 »
RDC what do you take for one? Thinking of doing a group order for Europe. With this I would build some more. i still think its a long road for xim4 ps4 support.
Crusade atm: none

Offline RDC

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: 02:01 PM - 02/19/14 »
Depends on how many, a group order would be a bit less than a single, even though I still have to hand build each one, but the shipping would only have to be dealt with 1 time which is what really bites.

PM me if you're interested and we'll work something out.

I've also redesigned the PCB slightly and made it a shade smaller (22mm x 20mm now) rearranged the TP spots and dropped the B spot as it's just another Ground.

3D render of the new PCB revision, these haven't been made up yet.

« Last Edit: 02:05 PM - 02/19/14 by RDC »

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: 02:13 PM - 02/19/14 »
Should i wait for the new design then rdc?

Offline RDC

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: 02:22 PM - 02/19/14 »
There is nothing on the new design that's any better than the first one. It's just a shade smaller is all, and by shade I mean it's 1mm x 3mm smaller at most.